18 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on April 18, 2022 Ukraine MOD 18 Apr 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 18.04 Ukraine MOD 18 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 18, 2022 Ukraine MOD 18 Apr 2022
- Senior Defense Official Holds a Background Briefing, April 18, 2022 DoD 18 Apr 2022
- Defense Official: Russia Adds 11 Battalion Tactical Groups in Ukraine DoD News 18 Apr 2022 -- There are now 76 Russian battalion tactical groups in the Donbas region of Ukraine and in the country's southeast. About 11 of those were added over the last several days, a senior Defense Department official said today.
- Russian 'Shaping' Operations in Donbas Point to More Aggressive Plans in Future DoD News 18 Apr 2022 -- Recent Russian activity in the Donbas region of Ukraine, the Defense Department believes, portends future, more aggressive operations, Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby said during a briefing today.
- Day 54: Five 'powerful' missiles hit Lviv as Russia ups the ante Press TV 18 Apr 2022 -- Five "powerful" Russian missiles struck the western Ukrainian city of Lviv on Monday amid a blitz of explosions in different cities as Moscow upped the ante after seizing control of the strategic southern port of Mariupol.
- Russian Strike Wipes Out Logistics Base Near Lvov Containing Large Amounts of Western Arms: MoD Sputnik 18 Apr 2022 -- The US and its allies have sent billions of dollars-worth of weaponry to Ukraine over the years, and committed billions more after Russia and its Donbass allies began a military operation in the country in February. Last week, US officials said Moscow had "warned" the White House to stop sending advanced arms or face "unpredictable consequences"
- Developments in Ukraine: April 18 VOA 18 Apr 2022
- Ukraine Cease-Fire Elusive, UN Efforts Continue VOA 18 Apr 2022 -- U.N. humanitarian chief Martin Griffiths abruptly canceled a trip to Turkey late Monday after he tested positive for COVID-19. He had planned to leave Tuesday to meet with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to discuss Ankara's help in trying to achieve some level of humanitarian cease-fire in Ukraine.
- Ukraine's Zelenskyy Says Battle for Eastern Ukraine Has Begun VOA 18 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine says Russia has begun its offensive to take control of eastern Ukraine while a Russian missile attack hit the western city of Lviv, killing at least seven people.
- Zelenskiy Says Battle For Donbas Begins After Deadly Missile Strikes Hit Lviv RFE/RL 18 Apr 2022 -- Russia's large-scale offensive in the eastern Donbas region has begun, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said on April 18.
- Russian forces start battle for Donbas: Ukrainian president People's Daily 18 Apr 2022 -- Russian forces have begun the battle for the Donbas region, but Ukraine will defend itself, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a video address on Monday.
- Russian MoD Discloses Data With Documented Losses of Ukrainian Forces Sputnik 18 Apr 2022 -- The Russian Defence Ministry said on Saturday that Ukrainian forces have lost more than 23,300 people over the course of Russia's special operation in the country.
- Russian armed forces destroy ammunition plant in Kiev region People's Daily 18 Apr 2022 -- Russia's forces have destroyed an ammunition plant in Ukraine's Kiev region, the Russian Defense Ministry said Sunday.
- Mariupol capture could be 'a crucial turning point' for Ukraine-Russia conflict Global Times 18 Apr 2022 -- As Russian claimed that its troops had cleared the urban area of Mariupol, the strategically important port city in southeastern Ukraine, setting a deadline for Ukraine troops in the city to surrender, some experts considered that the battle could be seen as a crucial turning point for the Ukraine-Russia conflict that would have last for two months. Taking Mariupol will help lay the foundation for Russia's next phased military operations in the Donbass and taking the port city could create a land corridor from Lugansk to Donetsk to Crimea.
- We, the world and history will take from Russia much more than Russian missiles will take from Ukraine - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 18 Apr 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy handed over a completed questionnaire for Ukraine's obtaining of the EU candidate status to Matti Maasikas President of Ukraine 18 Apr 2022
- President held a meeting on the post-war reconstruction of the country President of Ukraine 18 Apr 2022
- Ukraine Rejects Serbian Claim That It Is Behind Threats Against Flights To Russia RFE/RL 18 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine has rejected accusations made by Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic that Ukraine's secret service is behind a series of hoax bomb threats against Air Serbia flights to Russia.
- Zelensky Hands Over Ukraine's EU Membership Questionnaire to EU Ambassador Sputnik 18 Apr 2022 -- Volodymyr Zelensky on Monday turned in Ukraine's questionnaire for obtaining EU candidate status to EU Ambassador in Ukraine Matti Maasikas.
- Russian Brigade Accused Of Bucha War Crimes Awarded Honorary Title RFE/RL 18 Apr 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has bestowed an honorary title on a brigade accused by Ukraine of committing war crimes in the town of Bucha.
- 64th Detached Motor Rifle Brigade receives honourary Guards title President of Russia 18 Apr 2022 -- President Vladimir Putin signed the Executive Order On Conferring Honourary Title on the 64th Detached Motor Rifle Brigade.
- Greetings to command and staff of 64th Guards Detached Motor Rifle Brigade President of Russia 18 Apr 2022 -- Vladimir Putin sent greetings to the command and staff of the 64th Guards Detached Motor Rifle Brigade on receiving the honorary title Guards.
- Kremlin Says No Consistency in Ukraine's Stance at Negotiations Sputnik 18 Apr 2022 -- There is no consistency in Ukraine's stance at the negotiations with Russia, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday, adding that Kiev often changes its position.
- Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby Holds a Press Briefing DoD 18 Apr 2022
- US Running Out of Javelin Anti-Tank Missiles to Send to Ukraine: Report Sputnik 18 Apr 2022 -- The United States and its allies have sent up to 17,000 anti-tank weapons to Ukraine over the past month-and-a-half, ranging from old Soviet-era inventory cluttering up NATO stockpiles, to FGM-148 Javelins, the advanced US portable anti-tank missile system which made its combat debut after the US invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.
- US senators heading to Poland, India, Germany, UAE to rally Ukraine support Press TV 18 Apr 2022 -- A number of US Democratic lawmakers including four senators and a House member are slated to travel to Poland, India, Germany and the United Arab Emirates to rally support for Ukraine.
- Update 56 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 18 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that there had been no significant new developments related to nuclear safety and security over the past 24 hours, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- Guterres appeals for urgent humanitarian ceasefire in Ukraine UN News 18 Apr 2022 -- UN Secretary-General AntÃ³nio Guterres has again called for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire in Ukraine to allow delivery of life-saving aid as well as evacuations, his spokesperson said on Monday.
- Ukraine: Statement by the High Representative on the latest indiscriminate attacks by Russia European External Action Service (EEAS) 18 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine is being struck by the most intensive missile attacks by the Russian Federation since weeks. The EU condemns the continued indiscriminate and illegal shelling of civilians and civilian infrastructure by Russian armed forces.
- EU to provide another 50 mln euros of humanitarian aid to Ukraine, Moldova People's Daily 18 Apr 2022 -- The European Union (EU) is allocating a further 50 million euros (about 54.03 U.S. dollars) of humanitarian aid to people affected by the ongoing Russia-Ukraine conflict, according to a EU statement issued on Sunday.
- Two Captured Britons, Pro-Kremlin Ukrainian Oligarch Appear In Separate Videos Suggesting Swap RFE/RL 18 Apr 2022 -- Two British fighters captured in Ukraine by Russian forces appeared on Russian state TV on April 18 and asked Britain to negotiate their exchange for a pro-Kremlin Ukrainian oligarch and politician who is being held by Ukrainian authorities.
- 'Missing On The High Seas?!': Father Expresses Outrage As Russia Keeps Quiet About Fate Of Sailors RFE/RL 18 Apr 2022 -- Dmitry Shkrebets knows the true fate of his 20-year-old son, even if Russia won't yet tell him.
- Historian Adam Michnik: Putin's Invasion Of Ukraine Will End Like Brezhnev's Afghan War, And Spark A 'New Wave' RFE/RL 18 Apr 2022 -- Vladimir Putin "has driven Russia into a trap" by invading Ukraine, the former Polish dissident Adam Michnik has said, predicting ultimate defeat for the Russian leader and a chance for much-needed liberal reforms afterward.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|