15 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on April 15, 2022 Ukraine MOD 15 Apr 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 15.04 Ukraine MOD 15 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 15, 2022 Ukraine MOD 15 Apr 2022
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Ukraine, Russia conduct fourth prisoner exchange People's Daily 15 Apr 2022 -- The Russia-Ukraine conflict continued as Russia on Thursday said the flagship of its Black Sea Fleet, the Moskava missile cruiser, sank in stormy seas. The following are the latest developments:
- Day 51: Russia warns US of 'unpredictable consequences' over Ukraine aid Press TV 15 Apr 2022 -- Russia has warned the US there will be "unpredictable consequences" if Washington keeps arming Ukraine, The Washington Post reports.
- Sinking Of Russia's Flagship Navy Vessel A 'Huge Psychological Boost' For Ukraine RFE/RL 15 Apr 2022 -- The sinking of the Russian guided-missile cruiser Moskva in the Black Sea is a significant win for Ukraine but may not have a major impact on the course of the war, analysts said.
- Ukraine Says Seven Killed In Russian Attack On Evacuees RFE/RL 15 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine said on April 15 that seven people were killed and more than two dozen injured in a Russian attack on buses ferrying civilians from the war-torn east of the country.
- Fighting Intensifies Around Mariupol, but Southern Port Resists VOA 15 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Friday that the country was seeking to break Russia's siege of Mariupol as Russia continued to assault the southern city and threatened to increase its missile strikes on the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv.
- President held a meeting with members of the government on topical issues of martial law economy President of Ukraine 15 Apr 2022
- A group of Ukrainian and international experts is tracking the transportation of Russian oil to prevent Russia from circumventing sanctions President of Ukraine 15 Apr 2022
- The effectiveness of instruments of influence on Russia determines how long this war will last - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 15 Apr 2022
- Russia Vows To Intensify Attacks On Kyiv A Day After After Losing Key Warship RFE/RL 15 Apr 2022 -- Russia's Defense Ministry warned on April 15 that it will intensify attacks on the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv, after accusing Ukraine of targeting Russian border towns.
- Russia Warns US Against 'Irresponsible' Arms Supplies to Ukraine in Diplomatic Note - Media Sputnik 15 Apr 2022 -- Moscow has sent a note to Washington warning that NATO arms supplies to Kiev are exacerbating the Ukrainian conflict and can lead to unpredictable consequences, the Washington Post reported on Friday.
- Russian Military Vows More Strikes Against Targets in Kiev in Case of Attacks on Russian Territory Sputnik 15 Apr 2022 -- On Thursday, two Ukrainian combat helicopters crossed into Russian airspace and made at least six strikes at residential buildings in the Bryansk Region.
- Ukrainian FM, U.S. secretary of state discuss new military aid for Ukraine People's Daily 15 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said on Thursday he had discussed new military aid for Ukraine with U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken in a phone conversation.
- US, Allies Face Depleted Weapons Stockpiles As 'Aid' to Kiev 'Blows Through' Supplies: Report Sputnik 15 Apr 2022 -- Thousands of Javelin anti-tank guns, Stinger anti-aircraft systems, and other lethal weapons have already been given to Ukraine by Washington, with the White House announcing on 13 April that it will send $800 million in additional weapons to Kiev, including artillery, armored personnel carriers, and helicopters.
- Update 53 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 15 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that there had been no significant new developments related to nuclear safety and security over the past 24 hours, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- 1.4 million people without running water across war-affected eastern Ukraine UNICEF 15 Apr 2022 -- More than seven weeks of intense hostilities in Ukraine have devastated both water and electricity networks, leaving 1.4 million people without access to safe water in the east of the country and a further 4.6 million people with only limited access. In total, over 6 million people in Ukraine are struggling every day to have drinking water, one of the most essential human needs.
- WFP appeals for access to encircled cities in Ukraine WFP 15 Apr 2022 -- The United Nations World Food Programme today called for unimpeded access to families trapped in conflict areas and encircled cities in Ukraine, saying lack of access was the biggest obstacle to its life-saving operations in the war-torn country.
- UN releases funds for 7 countries as Ukraine conflict disrupts food markets People's Daily 15 Apr 2022 -- The United Nations on Thursday released 100 million U.S. dollars for hunger hot spots in six African countries and in Yemen to mitigate the spillover effects of the Ukraine conflict.
- Russia-Ukraine conflict wreaks havoc on African economies, says expert People's Daily 15 Apr 2022 -- The Russia-Ukraine conflict has rocked several countries in Africa, particularly net importers of commodities, a senior economist has said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|