14 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on April 14, 2022 Ukraine MOD 14 Apr 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 14.04 Ukraine MOD 14 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 14, 2022 Ukraine MOD 14 Apr 2022
- Senior Defense Official Holds A Background Briefing, April 14, 2022 DoD 14 Apr 2022
- Russian Defense Ministry: Damaged Moskva Cruiser Sunk After Entering Stormy Waters Sputnik 14 Apr 2022 -- The Russian Ministry of Defense announced on Thursday that the missile cruiser Moskva had sunk in the Black Sea.
- Key Russian Ship Sinks In Black Sea, Russia Says As Battle Around Mariupol Continues RFE/RL 14 Apr 2022 -- Russia's guided-missile cruiser Moskva, the flagship of Russia's Black Sea fleet, has sunk in the Black Sea after being damaged during the military operation in Ukraine, Russia's Defense Ministry said late on April 14.
- Ukraine Says Nine Humanitarian Corridors Agreed With Russian Forces RFE/RL 14 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk says nine humanitarian corridors have been agreed upon with Russia to allow for the evacuation of civilians from several cities, including the besieged port of Mariupol.
- Sailors Still Battling Fire on Russian Cruiser Moskva, Says DOD Official DoD News 14 Apr 2022 -- The Russian guided-missile cruiser Moskva is believed to have experienced an onboard explosion with resulting fire damage, said a senior Defense Department official who briefed the media today.
- Fire on Russian Missile Cruiser Moskva Contained, MoD Says Sputnik 14 Apr 2022 -- Fire on board of the Russian missile cruiser Moskva is contained and the risk of further detonation of the ammunition on board is averted, the Russian Defence Ministry has stated.
- Russia's Moskva Missile Cruiser Seriously Damaged by Fire, Blast of Ammunition, Ministry Says Sputnik 14 Apr 2022 -- Russia's Moskva missile cruiser, the flagship of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, has been hit be heavy fire and the following detonation of ammunition, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Thursday.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Russia, Ukraine release contradictory information on fight in Mariupol People's Daily 14 Apr 2022 -- Relevant parties are working to broker a peaceful solution to the Russia-Ukraine conflict as Mariupol, a key port on the Azov Sea in eastern Ukraine, has witnessed the worst violence in the war so far. The following are the latest developments:
- During the 50 days of this war, Ukraine became a hero for the whole free world - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 14 Apr 2022
- President talked to members of the Invictus Games - Ukraine team President of Ukraine 14 Apr 2022
- Russia Accuses Ukraine Of Shelling Its Bryansk Region, Kyiv Rejects Claim RFE/RL 14 Apr 2022 -- Authorities in Russia's Bryansk region bordering Ukraine have accused Kyiv of shelling the Russian town of Klimovo and allegedly causing casualties, while the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine (RNBO) rejected the accusations, calling them "an attempt to ignite anti-Ukraine hysteria in Russia."
- Russia Says 2 Ukrainian Combat Helicopters Invaded Russian Airspace, Struck Residential Buildings Sputnik 14 Apr 2022 -- Authorities in the Bryansk region of Russia earlier reported the shelling of a border crossing with Ukraine and attacks against a nearby settlement, which resulted in seven people being injured, two of them are in critical condition.
- Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby Holds a Press Briefing DoD 14 Apr 2022
- Remarks by President Biden Before Air Force One Departure The White House 14 Apr 2022
- Biden Mulls Sending Senior US Official to Ukraine VOA 14 Apr 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden said Thursday that he's considering sending a senior U.S. official to Ukraine, a high-profile visit that would underscore Washington's commitment to the besieged nation.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Kuleba US Dept. of State 14 Apr 2022
- Fact Sheet on U.S. Security Assistance for Ukraine DoD 14 Apr 2022 -- The United States has committed more than $3.2 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since the beginning of the Biden Administration, including approximately $2.6 billion since the beginning of Russia's unprovoked assault on February 24.
- DOD: Security Assistance Support to Ukraine Not Affecting U.S. Readiness DoD News 14 Apr 2022 -- Since the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Feb. 24, the U.S. government has provided $2.6 billion in security assistance to the Ukrainians to help them regain and defend their sovereignty. Much of what has been sent has come straight out of U.S. military stockpiles. Nevertheless, the U.S. military's own readiness has not been affected by having sent that gear overseas, said Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby during a briefing today.
- US Set to Include Ukraine in G-20 Agenda VOA 14 Apr 2022 -- The Biden administration appears set to include discussions of international economic repercussions of the Russian invasion and potentially Ukraine's reconstruction as part of the November G-20 summit agenda, an idea that is likely to create further rift in the economic forum.
- Biden announces additional 800 mln USD in aid to Ukraine People's Daily 14 Apr 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden said Wednesday his administration will provide Ukraine with an additional 800 million U.S. dollars' worth of military aid due to what Washington anticipated to be a "wider assault" by Russia in eastern Ukraine.
- Minister Anand announces the immediate deployment of Canadian Armed Forces Personnel to Poland in response to the Ukrainian Refugee Crisis Canada 14 Apr 2022 -- The Canadian Armed Forces are engaged around the world in a number of military operations ranging from humanitarian and relief efforts to peacekeeping to keep Canada and North America safe and to support our partners and NATO allies.
- IOM Regional Ukraine Response Situation Report - 14 April 2022 IOM
- Emergency in Ukraine - External Situation Report #7 WHO 14 Apr 2022
- Update 52 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 14 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that there had been no significant new developments related to nuclear safety and security over the past 24 hours, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- 30,000 Ukrainians returning home every day, say relief agencies UN News 14 Apr 2022 -- More than 870,000 people who fled abroad since the Russian invasion on 24 February, have now returned to Ukraine, UN humanitarians said in their latest emergency update, amid concerns about deteriorating food security inside the country.
- Russian Troops Likely Violated International Humanitarian Law In Ukraine, Report Says RFE/RL 14 Apr 2022 -- Experts with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) say they found "clear patterns" of violations of international humanitarian law by Russian forces in Ukraine.
- China opposes foreign companies forcing Chinese partners to choose sides amid Russia-Ukraine conflict: ministry Global Times 14 Apr 2022 -- Certain foreign companies have violated market norms, coercing their Chinese partners to choose sides in the Russia-Ukraine conflict, a spokesperson with Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) said on Thursday, adding that China is firmly opposed to such unlawful acts.
- South African speaker appointed to mediate in Russia-Ukraine conflict People's Daily 14 Apr 2022 -- The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) has appointed Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula, speaker of the National Assembly of South Africa, to its task force to mediate in the Russia-Ukraine conflict, South Africa's parliament said on Wednesday.
- Iran says backs political solution to war in Ukraine Press TV 14 Apr 2022 -- Iran's Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian communicates the Islamic Republic's opposition to war in Ukraine during a telephone conversation with his Ukrainian counterpart Dmytro Kuleba.
- Irish Foreign Minister Travels to Kyiv To Discuss Support For Ukraine RFE/RL 14 Apr 2022 -- Ireland's Foreign Minister Simon Coveney visited Kyiv on April 14 to discuss his country's support for Ukraine.
- As Calls Grow for Justice on Ukraine, ICC Steps Forward VOA 14 Apr 2022 -- Calls are mounting for Russia to face a legal reckoning for atrocities its forces are allegedly committing in Ukraine. Many activists are looking toward the Hague-based International Criminal Court, which last month opened a Ukraine war crimes investigation. But experts warn delivering justice will be slow, difficult and, in some cases, impossible.
- UN Warns War In Ukraine Threatens To Devastate Many Poor Countries RFE/RL 14 Apr 2022 -- Russia's war on Ukraine threatens to devastate the economies of many developing countries that are now facing even higher food and energy costs and increasingly difficult financial conditions, a UN task force has warned.
- UN chief calls for action to mitigate global impact of Russia-Ukraine conflict People's Daily 14 Apr 2022 -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Wednesday called for action to mitigate the global impact of the Russia-Ukraine conflict on food, energy and finance systems.
- Nationwide humanitarian cease-fire in Ukraine not possible: UN chief People's Daily 14 Apr 2022 -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said Wednesday that a nationwide humanitarian cease-fire in Ukraine seems to be out of reach at the moment.
- Humanitarians Cheer Generous Aid to Ukraine but Fear Cost to Other Crises VOA 14 Apr 2022 -- International relief agencies say they welcome the global outpouring of aid for Ukraine since Russia's invasion but worry that the crisis is diverting attention and finances from equally urgent humanitarian emergencies in Africa, the Middle East and elsewhere.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|