11 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on April 11, 2022 Ukraine MOD 11 Apr 2022
- Senior Defense Official Holds a Background Briefing DoD 11 Apr 2022
- Russians Shifting Their Fighting Focus to Eastern Ukraine, Says DOD Official DoD News 11 Apr 2022 -- The Russians are now concentrating their combat activity, resupply and reinforcement mostly in the Donbas area of eastern Ukraine, a senior Defense Department official said at a press briefing today.
- Ukraine's Zelenskyy Warns of Russia's Use of Chemical Weapons VOA 11 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy says he fears Russia could use chemical weapons in Ukraine and urged the West to impose more severe sanctions against Russia to prevent it from using such weapons.
- If Ukraine receives the necessary weapons in time, it will win - Andriy Yermak President of Ukraine 11 Apr 2022
- Ukraine has become a symbol of freedom, the center of Europe where the struggle between good and evil is now concentrated - Mykhailo Podolyak President of Ukraine 11 Apr 2022
- Mykhailo Podolyak: Ukraine's position in negotiations with Russia will depend on success on the frontline President of Ukraine 11 Apr 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with an expert group on the creation of a special international mechanism of justice President of Ukraine 11 Apr 2022
- Speech by the President of Ukraine in the National Assembly of the Republic of Korea President of Ukraine 11 Apr 2022
- Zelensky, Scholz discuss defense, financial support for Ukraine over phone People's Daily 11 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky tweeted Sunday that he had a phone conversation with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz to discuss defense and financial support for Ukraine.
- Zelenskiy Again Appeals For Help As Russia Intensifies Attacks On Eastern Ukraine RFE/RL 11 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says his country needs more help from abroad if it is to survive the unprovoked war launched against it by Russia as Moscow intensifies its assault on eastern Ukraine.
- Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov's interview with Rossiya television network, Moscow, April 11, 2022 Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 11 Apr 2022
- Russia says US, UK helping Ukraine prepare 'false evidence' of war crimes to smear Moscow Press TV 11 Apr 2022 -- The Russian Defense Ministry says the United States and Britain are helping Ukraine prepare fake claims about rights violations against civilians in the former Soviet state as part of attempts to tarnish Russia's image.
- Lavrov: Russia not to halt military operation in Ukraine for peace talks Press TV 11 Apr 2022 -- Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says Moscow has no plans to pause the military operation in Ukraine for subsequent rounds of peace talks and that the halt will take place so long as a final agreement is reached.
- Russia warns of 'direct military confrontation' with US; Ukraine set to join EU Press TV 11 Apr 2022 -- Russia has warned of a direct military confrontation with the US over its support to Ukraine, even as the former Soviet republic is set to become part of the European Union.
- Russian MoD: Kiev Prepares New Provocations to Accuse Russia of Violence Against Ukrainian Civilians Sputnik 11 Apr 2022 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov earlier slammed the provocations in Ukraine's Bucha and Kramatorsk as outrageous, saying they were staged by Ukraine specifically for western media.
- Lavrov: Russian Special Operation in Ukraine Aims to Put End to US Course for World Domination Sputnik 11 Apr 2022 -- The Russian top diplomat has lambasted both American and European policies, as Western nations pledged to send more weapons for Kiev.
- 'Hard' Talks Between Austrian Leader And Putin End After An Hour RFE/RL 11 Apr 2022 -- Austrian Chancellor Karl Nehammer says he held "direct, open, and hard" talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin over Moscow's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.
- Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova's comment on statements by the Swiss Confederation on Ukraine Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 11 Apr 2022
- Press release on the extraordinary session of the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) Council over the situation in Ukraine Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 11 Apr 2022
- Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby Holds a Press Briefing DoD 11 Apr 2022
- Security Assistance to Ukraine Continues Unabated DoD News 11 Apr 2022 -- While Russia targets Ukraine's Donbas region for continued aggression and Ukrainians shift their efforts to confront that aggression, the U.S., allies and partners continue their efforts to get security assistance to the Ukrainian military.
- Update 49 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 11 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that there had been no significant new developments related to nuclear safety and security over the past 24 hours, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- Ukraine war: Trauma 'risks destroying a generation', Security Council hears UN News 11 Apr 2022 -- Increasing reports of sexual violence and human trafficking in Ukraine - allegedly committed against women and children in the context of massive displacement and the ongoing Russian invasion - are raising "all the red flags" about a potential protection crisis, the head of the UN's gender agency warned the Security Council on Monday.
- Ukraine resilience-building programme to help most vulnerable UN News 11 Apr 2022 -- A UN-led development plan for Ukraine launched on Monday, to provide immediate economic help and longer-term assistance to the millions left struggling to meet basic needs, in the wake of the Russian invasion.
- UN: Sexual Violence, Trafficking Increasing in Ukraine War VOA 11 Apr 2022 -- The United Nations said Monday that Ukrainian women and children are at heightened risk of sexual violence, rape and trafficking as reports grow of such violations.
- War in Ukraine a 'nightmare for Ukraine's children' UNICEF 11 Apr 2022 -- UNICEF Emergency Programmes Director Manuel Fontaine's remarks at the Daily Press Briefing by the Spokesperson of the Secretary-General
- EU-wide operation targeting criminal assets in relation to the Russian invasion of Ukraine EUROPOL 11 Apr 2022 -- Today, 11 April 2022, Europol, jointly with EU Member States, Eurojust and Frontex, launched Operation Oscar to support financial investigations by EU Member States targeting criminal assets owned by individuals and legal entities sanctioned in relation to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- EU Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg: The Russian war of aggression in Ukraine and its global impact Germany Federal Foreign Office 11 Apr 2022 -- In addition to the situation in Ukraine and further EU support, the discussions will focus in particular on the global impact of the Russian war of aggression
- Aviation safety: 20 Russian airlines added to EU Air Safety List European Commission 11 Apr 2022
- Divisions rife as EU mulls ban on imports of Russian oil Press TV 11 Apr 2022 -- The European Union is drafting proposals to impose a ban on the import of Russian oil, the top diplomats of Ireland, Lithuania, and the Netherlands said Monday, despite a lack of consensus on the issue between member nations.
- EU Made No Decisions on Sanctioning Russian Oil, Gas, But Will Continue Discussions, Borrell Says Sputnik 11 Apr 2022 -- Earlier, Irish Foreign Minister Simon Coveney called on the EU countries to consider slapping sanctions on Russian oil sales as a response to Moscow's decision to launch the special military operation in Ukraine on 24 February.
- Russia's illegal war on the women and children of Ukraine ā€” UK at UN Security Council UK FCDO 11 Apr 2022 -- Statement by Lord Tariq Ahmad at the UN Security Council meeting on Ukraine
- Appalling attack on Kramatorsk railway station on 8 April 2022: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 11 Apr 2022 -- UK Ambassador Neil Bush denounces Russian rocket attacks on civilians at Kramatorsk railway station on 8 April 2022, and vows that those responsible will be held accountable.
- Biden Urges Modi Not to Accelerate Russian Energy Imports VOA 11 Apr 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden told Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi that buying more Russian oil is not in India's interest, as the United States pushes New Delhi to take a harder line against Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- World Bank projects Ukraine's economy to shrink by 45 pct this year People's Daily 11 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine's economy is expected to shrink by 45.1 percent this year, and Russia's economy is projected to contract by 11.2 percent, the World Bank said Sunday.
- Ukraine's Economy Forecast To Nearly Halve Amid Russia's Invasion RFE/RL 11 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine's economy is forecast to nearly halve this year due to Russia's invasion, which has destroyed major factories and housing projects and sent millions of people fleeing the country, according to a new World Bank report released on April 10.
- Interview: What Strategic Choices Are Ukrainian, Russian Military Leaders Facing In The Donbas? RFE/RL 11 Apr 2022 -- With the war in Ukraine in its seventh week and Moscow pressing its campaign more forcefully in the east and south, fighting could become more brutal as the guerrilla-style tactics Ukrainians used around Kyiv to repel Russian forces shift to a more conventional battle of military might.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Ukraine bans all imports from Russia People's Daily 11 Apr 2022 -- Relevant parties are working to broker a peaceful solution to the Russia-Ukraine conflict, whose latest developments are as follows:
- EU Warns Of Possible Food Crisis Sparked By Russia's War On Ukraine RFE/RL 11 Apr 2022 -- The European Union has warned that Russia's war against Ukraine is putting the world on the brink of a food crisis as the Ukrainian economy, based in large part on agriculture, collapses.
- France, EU, WFP to announce initiatives to mitigate impact of conflict in Ukraine on global food security (press briefing) WFP 11 Apr 2022 -- France's Europe and Foreign affairs Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian, Agriculture and Food Minister Julien Denormandie, EU Commissioner for Crisis Management Janez LenarÄ¨iÄ¨, and UN World Food Programme Executive Director David Beasley will meet in Rome on Tuesday to discuss plans to prevent a deterioration in food security around the world as a result of the war in Ukraine.
- China's Lessons From Russia's War in Ukraine VOA 11 Apr 2022 -- China is learning from Russia's troubled war in Ukraine to improve its battle strategies and prepare for economic sanctions if Beijing ever attacks self-ruled Taiwan, experts believe.
- Russia Defaults on Bond Payments After US Blocks Funds VOA 11 Apr 2022 -- The Russian government has defaulted on its sovereign debt for the first time in more than a century, according to S&P Global, the ratings firm that tracks the creditworthiness of governments and major businesses around the world.
- Russian Ruble Falls Sharply As Moscow Scraps Some Capital Controls RFE/RL 11 Apr 2022 -- The Russian ruble has weakened sharply after the country's central bank decided to relax some of the temporary capital control measures aimed at limiting a drop in the currency brought on by crippling sanctions imposed by the international community on Moscow for its unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.
- French Bank Societe Generale To End Its Activities In Russia RFE/RL 11 Apr 2022 -- French banking group Societe Generale has said it is ending its activities in Russia and selling its stake in Russia's Rosbank and the Russian lender's insurance subsidiaries.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|