09 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russianin vasion on 18.00 on April 9, 2022 Ukraine MOD 09 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 9, 2022 Ukraine MOD 09 Apr 2022
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Russia hopes to end its operation "in foreseeable future" People's Daily 09 Apr 2022 -- Relevant parties are working to broker a peaceful solution to the Russia-Ukraine conflict. The following are the latest developments:
- Ukraine Says Third Prisoner Exchange Carried Out With Russia RFE/RL 09 Apr 2022 -- The Ukrainian government has said it conducted a prisoner exchange with Moscow, with 12 Ukrainian soldiers and 14 civilians returning home following their release by Russian forces.
- Government Leader Tells Eastern Ukraine Residents to Flee Immediately VOA 09 Apr 2022 -- Residents of eastern Ukraine were met Saturday by the sound of air raid sirens. The region's governor is warning civilians to evacuate immediately as Russia increases shelling in the area. Governor Serhiy Gaidai told a public television station that Russia is "amassing an offensive" on the one-third of the population that remains in Ukraine's Luhansk region.
- Zelenskiy Says Ukraine 'Still Ready' To Talk, But Also 'Ready To Fight' If Necessary RFE/RL 09 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says his country is "still ready" to continue negotiations with Russia but that Ukraine is "ready to fight" if necessary amid reported deadly attacks on civilians by Moscow's forces.
- Defense strategy for every civilized state is to put pressure on Russia to restore peace - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 09 Apr 2022
- Ukraine and Great Britain will continue to strengthen anti-war coalition - Volodymyr Zelenskyy after meeting with Boris Johnson in Kyiv President of Ukraine 09 Apr 2022
- Ukraine will fight against aggression and at the same time look for opportunities for dialogue with Russia - President President of Ukraine 09 Apr 2022
- At a meeting in Kyiv, Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Chancellor of Austria discussed support for Ukraine and increasing sanctions pressure on Russia President of Ukraine 09 Apr 2022
- President held a meeting with the members of the government, the leadership of the law enforcement agencies and the National Security and Defense Council President of Ukraine 09 Apr 2022
- Top Russian Diplomat in US Urges West to Stop Funneling Weapons to Ukraine Sputnik 09 Apr 2022 -- Russian Ambassador to the United States Anatoly Antonov has warned that a flow of weapons to the conflict zone in Ukraine from the West was adding fuel to the fire.
- US, allies' military aid to Ukraine will only worsen conflict: Russia Press TV 09 Apr 2022 -- Russia has condemned a decision by the United States and its Western allies to step up military assistance to Ukraine, warning that it will only worsen the ongoing conflict and could potentially lead to a direct confrontation between Moscow and Washington.
- Update 47 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 09 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that it was gradually restoring regulatory control of nuclear and radiation safety at the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) but that the site was still lacking personnel for maintenance and repair work that was halted when Russia took control of the plant in late February, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- UN Official Calls for Localized Cease-Fires in Ukraine VOA 09 Apr 2022 -- United Nations humanitarian chief Martin Griffiths is calling for localized cease-fires in war-torn Ukraine to allow humanitarian aid into areas under siege and to allow trapped civilians to leave.
- Opening, interventions and closing remarks by President von der Leyen at the global pledging event 'Stand Up For Ukraine' European Commission 09 Apr 2022
- Stand Up For Ukraine: 9.1 billion euros pledged in support of internally displaced and refugees European Commission 09 Apr 2022 -- The "Stand Up for Ukraine" global pledging event and campaign has raised 9.1 billion euros for people fleeing the Russian invasion, inside Ukraine and abroad, including â‚¬1 billion from the European Commission. On top of that, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development has announced an additional â‚¬1 billion in loan to cover the needs of the people displaced by the invasion.
- Donors In Warsaw Pledge Nearly $10 Billion To Aid Ukrainian Refugees, Displaced RFE/RL 09 Apr 2022 -- Attendees at a fund-raising event in Warsaw have pledged nearly $10 billion in donations, loans, and grants to support refugees fleeing war in Ukraine and those internally displaced following Russia's unprovoked February 24 invasion.
- British PM Praises Zelenskiy, Ukraine's Defenders During Surprise Visit To Kyiv RFE/RL 09 Apr 2022 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has arrived in Kyiv in a surprise visit to meet with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in what Downing Street called a "show of solidarity" as fears grow of a possible new Russian offensive in the east of Ukraine.
- Prime Minister pledges UK's unwavering support to Ukraine on visit to Kyiv: 9 April 2022 Gov.UK 09 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that it was gradually restoring regulatory control of nuclear and radiation safety at the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) but that the site was still lacking personnel for maintenance and repair work that was halted when Russia took control of the plant in late February, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- PM's remarks during joint clip with President Zelenskyy: 9 April 2022 Gov.UK 09 Apr 2022 -- Prime Minister Boris Johnson's remarks during a joint clip with President Zelenskyy in Kyiv.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|