03 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Ukraine Says It's in Control of Capital, Surrounding Areas VOA 03 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine said Saturday it is in control of the capital city of Kyiv and its surrounding areas, as Russian troops have withdrawn.
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on April 3, 2022 Ukraine MOD 03 Apr 2022
- General Valerii ZALUZHNYI keeps in touch with the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Mark A. MILLEY Ukraine MOD 03 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 12.00 on April 3, 2022 Ukraine MOD 03 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 3, 2022 Ukraine MOD 03 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 24.00 on April 2, 2022 Ukraine MOD 03 Apr 2022
- Ukraine retakes "whole Kiev region": deputy defense minister People's Daily 03 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine has regained control of the "whole Kiev region," Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine Hanna Maliar said on Facebook on Saturday.
- Day 39: Russia destroys Ukraine's oil refinery, storage units near Odessa Press TV 03 Apr 2022 -- Russia's defense ministry says its sea and air missiles have destroyed an oil refinery and three fuel storage facilities near Ukraine's southern port city of Odessa.
- Clustered Russian Aircraft Present A Prominent Target In Ukraine RFE/RL 03 Apr 2022 -- Late last month, a senior adviser to President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said that Ukrainian forces had struck a Russian-occupied airfield in the southern city of Melitopol -- the fourth in a series of attacks on the site.
- LPR Forces Continue Fighting Against Ukrainian Troops for Control Over Rubezhnoye - Video Sputnik 03 Apr 2022 -- Rubezhnoye is part of the Lugansk region, which the Lugansk People's Republic (LPR) originally declared as sovereign and independent from the rest of Ukraine in 2014.
- Ukraine says its troops have retaken control of Kiev region as Russians retreat Press TV 03 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine says its troops have regained control of "the whole Kiev region" after Russian forces, which have been conducting a military operation in the ex-Soviet republic since last month, retreated from some key towns near the Ukrainian capital.
- It is time to do everything to make the war crimes of the Russian military the last manifestation of this evil on earth - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 03 Apr 2022
- Do everything you can for us to withstand together in this war for our freedom and independence - address by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 03 Apr 2022
- Russia denies killing civilians in Ukrainian city of Bucha , says allegation 'yet another provocation' Press TV 03 Apr 2022 -- Russia has denied killing civilians in the Ukrainian city of Bucha and denounced the allegation by Kiev as "yet another provocation."
- Russian MoD Denies Killings in Bucha, Says Footage Was Staged For Western Media Sputnik 03 Apr 2022 -- Earlier, Ukrainian authorities claimed to have found the bodies of civilians lying in the streets of the city of Bucha in the Kiev region, alleging that they had been killed by Russian troops stationed in the city until several days ago.
- Russia: Peace talks with Ukraine not forward enough to hold top level meeting Press TV 03 Apr 2022 -- Russia's lead negotiator says peace talks with Ukraine have not progressed enough to make way for a summit between Russian and Ukrainian presidents.
- Blinken Condemns Russian War Atrocities as Bodies of Ukrainians Litter Streets VOA 03 Apr 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken sharply condemned Russia on Sunday, accusing it of committing war atrocities in Ukraine as the world saw its first glimpse of the bodies of dead Ukrainians left behind like trash in the streets of the Kyiv suburb of Bucha after Russian troops departed the area.
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken With Chuck Todd of NBC's Meet the Press US Dept. of State 03 Apr 2022
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken With Dana Bash of CNN's State of the Union US Dept. of State 03 Apr 2022
- US to ship $300mn more military hardware to Ukraine Press TV 03 Apr 2022 -- The US military will ship an additional $300 million in war-fighting equipment to Ukraine that includes laser-guided missiles and drones, Defense Department's Press Secretary John Kirby has declared.
- NATO Chief Says Russian Forces Near Kyiv 'Repositioning,' Not Withdrawing RFE/RL 03 Apr 2022 -- Russia is repositioning its forces around Kyiv and not conducting a real "withdrawal," NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said, as he warned that new attacks could take place.
- Update 41 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 03 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine told the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that it was continuing preparations for a rotation of technical staff who have been working at the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) for the past two weeks, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- Ukraine: Secretary-General calls for probe into Bucha killings UN News 03 Apr 2022 -- UN Secretary-General Ant√≥nio Guterres on Sunday called for an independent investigation into the killing of civilians in the Ukrainian town of Bucha, a suburb of the capital, Kyiv.
- Horror, Outrage Grow As Scenes Of Carnage Emerge In Ukraine's Bucha RFE/RL 03 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian and world leaders expressed horror and outrage after scenes of civilian deaths and mass executions emerged from the once-quiet town of Bucha following the occupation by Russian forces, raising accusations of atrocities and "war crimes" committed by Kremlin troops.
- Prime Minister's statement on Ukraine: 3 April 2022 Gov.UK 03 Apr 2022 -- A statement from Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Russia's despicable attacks against innocent civilians in Irpin and Bucha.
- Foreign Secretary statement on appalling acts by Russian invading forces UK FCDO 03 Apr 2022 -- Foreign Secretary statement on appalling acts by Russian invading forces in towns such as Irpin and Bucha.
- U.K. PM Accuses Putin, Russia Of 'War Crimes,' Vows To Increase Sanctions, Support For Ukraine RFE/RL 03 Apr 2022 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said his country would increase sanctions on Moscow and bolster military aid to Ukraine following "despicable attacks against civilians" by Russia in Bucha and Irpin near Kyiv.
- Boris Johnson Reportedly Considers Supplying Anti-Ship Missiles to Ukraine Sputnik 03 Apr 2022 -- Documents published by UK Chancellor Rishi Sunak late last month revealed that the British government has already given Kiev over ¬£100 million ($132 million) worth of weapons to help Ukrainian forces tackle Russia's ongoing special military operation.
- Federal Chancellor on the atrocities in Ukraine - "The murder of civilians is a war crime" Germany - Federal Government 03 Apr 2022 -- Federal Chancellor Scholz has condemned the atrocities committed by Russian forces in Ukraine as war crimes and demanded a thorough investigation. At the same time, he announced new sanctions against Russia. Read the statement in full here:
- Greek Foreign Minister Arrives On Aid Mission As Ukraine's Odesa Hit By Air Strikes RFE/RL 03 Apr 2022 -- Amid air strikes and explosions in the Black Sea port of Odesa, Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias arrived on April 3 to deliver badly needed aid to the strategic city of 1 million people as the head of a humanitarian mission.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|