Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
20 March 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Russia Gives Ukraine Ultimatum to Surrender Mariupol VOA 20 Mar 2022 -- Russia has given Ukraine until the early hours of Monday to surrender the besieged city of Mariupol, as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said he is ready for peace negotiations with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Seven humanitarian corridors are to be opened in the Kyiv, Donetsk and Kharkiv regions today - Deputy Prime Minister President of Ukraine 20 Mar 2022
- Operational information on 18.00, 20.03.2022 regarding the russian invasion Ukraine MOD 20 Mar 2022
- Operational information on 12.00, 20.03.2022 regarding the russian invasion Ukraine MOD 20 Mar 2022
- Operational information on 06.00, 20.03.2022 regarding the russian invasion Ukraine MOD 20 Mar 2022
- Operational information on 24.00, 19.03.2022 regarding the russian invasion Ukraine MOD 20 Mar 2022
- Turkey: Russia, Ukraine 'close to agreement', made progress on 'critical' issues Press TV 20 Mar 2022 -- Turkey's foreign minister says Russia and Ukraine have made progress on their negotiations and are close to an agreement to end the war, nearly a month after Russia launched an operation in Ukraine to demilitarize and de-Nazify the country.
- Deputy Commander Of Russia's Black Sea Fleet Reportedly Killed In Action RFE/RL 20 Mar 2022 -- The deputy commander of Russia's Black Sea Fleet has been killed in battle near the Ukrainian port city of Mariupol, the Kremlin-installed governor of the Russia-occupied city of Sevastopol said.
- Ten Million People Have Fled Their Homes In Ukraine Since War Began, UN Says RFE/RL 20 Mar 2022 -- Ten million people - about one-quarter of the population - have now fled their homes in Ukraine due to Russia's unprovoked war, the United Nations refugee chief said on March 20.
- UPDATES: Russian MoD Calls on Kiev to Take Back Order to Militants to Become 'Martyrs of Mariupol' Sputnik 20 Mar 2022 -- In Mariupol, which has become a base of operation for the Azov battalion, nationalists are preventing the evacuation of local residents and using civilians as human shields while they launch counterattacks at advancing Russian forces from hospitals, schools, and other civilian infrastructure.
- Russian Forces Close to Defeating Ukrainian Nationalist Battalion 'Donbass', Defence Ministry Says Sputnik 20 Mar 2022 -- One of the main declared goals of the Russian special operation in Ukraine is to de-Nazify the country. Nationalist groups are the core of the volunteer battalions that have been used by Kiev in its attacks on the Donbass republics since 2014, with many of them being caught committing war crimes.
- Russian Armed Forces Wipe Out Major Ukrainian Military Base Using Hypersonic Missile Sputnik 20 Mar 2022 -- On Sunday, Russia's Defence Ministry said that over the past 24 hours, Russian warplanes had obliterated 62 Ukrainian military infrastructure objects, including three command posts, as part of Moscow's ongoing special operation in Ukraine.
- MoD: Over 100 Ukrainian Covert Op Troops and Foreign Mercenaries Eliminated West of Kiev Sputnik 20 Mar 2022 -- Russia has repeatedly warned foreign countries against allowing their citizens to travel to Ukraine in order to take part in the hostilities, stressing that anyone firing at Russian troops during the special op will be considered a valid target.
- Update 27 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 20 Mar 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that around half of the staff at the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) had finally been able to rotate and return to their homes after working at the Russian-controlled site for nearly four weeks, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- Boris Johnson Hints China Should Stop Sitting on the Fence Over Ukraine Crisis Sputnik 20 Mar 2022 -- Earlier this week, the Chinese Foreign Ministry reiterated that Beijing adheres to an independent position on the Ukrainian crisis. The statement came amid the ongoing Russian special military operation to demilitarise and de-Nazify Ukraine.
- Time will prove China's stance on Ukraine is on the right side of history: Wang Yi Global Times 20 Mar 2022 -- China's stance on Ukraine is objective, fair and consistent with the wishes of most countries, and time will prove China's stance is on the right side of history, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said after a video meeting between President Xi Jinping and US President Joe Biden on Friday.
- China says Western sanctions imposed on Russia over Ukraine conflict 'outrageous' Press TV 20 Mar 2022 -- China blasts the Western countries, topped by the United States, for imposing sanctions on Russia over Moscow's military operation in Ukraine, saying the bans have never solved any problem.
- Japan Wants India to 'Cooperate Further' on Ukraine Crisis, Announces $42 Billion in Investments Sputnik 20 Mar 2022 -- Japan has imposed economic sanctions against more than 70 Russian individuals, banks, and other entities over Moscow's military operation in Ukraine. Tokyo has said that it will coordinate its response with its G7 allies. India, on the other hand, has maintained neutrality in the conflict, even stepping up its crude purchases from Moscow.
- France Freezes $24Bln of Russian Central Bank's Assets Sputnik 20 Mar 2022 -- France has frozen 22 billion euros ($24 billion) worth of assets belonging to the Russian Central Bank, French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said on Sunday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list