Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
11 February 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- US Air Force B-52s arrive at RAF Fairford for BTF Europe 22-2 US Air Force 11 Feb 2022 -- B-52 Stratofortress aircraft, support equipment and personnel from the 5th Bomb Wing, Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota arrived at Royal Air Force Fairford, Feb. 10 to execute the long-planned Bomber Task Force mission, a regularly-scheduled U.S. European Command and U.S. Strategic Command joint mission series.
- Deputy Secretary Sherman's Call with Chief of Staff for the President of the European Commission Bjoern Seibert US Dept. of State 11 Feb 2022
- Deputy Secretary Sherman's Call with European External Action Service Secretary-General Sannino US Dept. of State 11 Feb 2022
- Statement by NSC Spokesperson Emily Horne on National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan's Video Call with Bjoern Seibert, Head of Cabinet of the President of the European Commission The White House 11 Feb 2022
- Statement by National Security Council Spokesperson Emily Horne on National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan's Meeting with Karin Wallensteen, State Secretary for Foreign Affairs to the Prime Minister of Sweden The White House 11 Feb 2022
- Readout of President Biden's Video Call with Transatlantic Leaders The White House 11 Feb 2022
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Calls With NATO Ally Counterparts DoD 11 Feb 2022
- NATO Secretary General takes part in meeting with US President Biden NATO 11 Feb 2022 -- NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg on Friday (11 February 2022) took part in a virtual meeting organised by the President of the United States Joe Biden on Russia's continued military build-up in and around Ukraine, and its implications for European and international security.
- Biden Orders Another 3,000 Troops To Deploy In NATO Ally Poland RFE/RL 11 Feb 2022 -- President Joe Biden has ordered the deployment of an additional 3,000 U.S. soldiers to NATO ally Poland as fears grow that a crisis between Ukraine and Russia may turn into a military conflict.
- White House sounds the alarm on possible Russian assault on Kiev Press TV 11 Feb 2022 -- The White House has again sounded the alarm on a possible Russian invasion of Ukraine, saying that could involve a rapid military assault on Kiev, which is the seat of the Ukrainian government and the most populous city in the country with nearly 3 million people.
- White House Says Russia Could Invade Ukraine Before Olympics Ends VOA 11 Feb 2022 -- White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan said a Russian invasion of Ukraine could begin "during the Olympics."
- White House Says Russian Attack On Ukraine Could Occur 'Any Day,' Tells Americans To Leave Within 48 Hours RFE/RL 11 Feb 2022 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has warned that Russia's military buildup near Ukraine, which the West suspects is a prelude to an invasion, has triggered Europe's most serious security crisis in decades, as Moscow began holding joint military exercises in Belarus involving more than 30,000 troops.
- Blinken Warns that Russia Could Attack Ukraine at 'Any Time' VOA 11 Feb 2022 -- As part of the Biden Administration's effort to show its commitment to the Asia-Pacific region, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, during a visit to Fiji on Saturday, will host a virtual meeting with 18 Pacific nation leaders and announce U.S. plans to reopen an embassy in the Solomon Islands.
- Blinken: Russian invasion of Ukraine 'could begin at any time' Press TV 11 Feb 2022 -- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken says a Russian invasion against Ukraine "could begin at any time." Moscow has rejected the allegation that it is preparing to invade the neighboring country.
- US company accuses Russia of continuing large buildup near Ukraine border Press TV 11 Feb 2022 -- A US company has released new satellite images purportedly showing Russia continuing a large military buildup near several areas of the Ukraine border as NATO keeps building up forces in eastern Europe near Russia.
- Russia-Ukraine talks in Berlin on Donbas conflict fail to yield breakthrough Press TV 11 Feb 2022 -- Russian and Ukrainian negotiators say they failed to reach a breakthrough after nine-hour marathon talks aimed at finding ways to end the long-simmering conflict in eastern Ukraine's Donbas region.
- Donbass Militia Reports Presence of Ukrainian S-300s, Artillery and Foreign Mercs Near Front Line Sputnik 11 Feb 2022 -- At the same time that Western officials and media have accused Russia of preparing to "invade" Ukraine, the breakaway Donetsk and Lugansk republics have reported on movements of Ukrainian militaSry equipment and troops near the line of contact in the region's frozen civil war.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Kuleba US Dept. of State 11 Feb 2022
- British nationals advised to leave Ukraine immediately UK FCDO 11 Feb 2022 -- The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office today (Friday 11 February) updated its travel advice to Ukraine, and is now advising British nationals against all travel to Ukraine.
- Kyiv Court Leaves Poroshenko's Pretrial Restrictions Unchanged RFE/RL 11 Feb 2022 -- A court in Kyiv has upheld a decision to allow former President Petro Poroshenko to remain free during a treason case that he and his supporters reject as politically motivated.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list