30 January 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- NATO Rules Out Sending Troops to Ukraine, but Russia Wants Clarity on West's Intentions VOA 30 Jan 2022 -- NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said Sunday the Western military alliance has no intention of sending troops to Ukraine if Russia invades its former Soviet republic, but Moscow said it wants more clarity on exactly what security measures NATO does plan to implement in eastern Europe.
- NATO Says It Won't Send Troops To Ukraine If Russia Invades RFE/RL 30 Jan 2022 -- NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg has said that the Western military alliance will not send combat troops to Ukraine in the event that Russia invades the country.
- NATO, UK say no plan for sending troops to Ukraine if Russia invades country Press TV 30 Jan 2022 -- NATO and Britain say they have no plans for sending troops to Ukraine in the event of a Russian invasion, an allegation repeatedly dismissed by Moscow as propaganda.
- U.S., U.K. Officials Say 'Well-Aligned' Russia Sanctions Will Be Felt 'Acutely' If It Invades Ukraine RFE/RL 30 Jan 2022 -- U.S. and U.K. officials on January 30 increased urgent warnings to Moscow if it escalates militarily against Ukraine, vowing to closely coordinate "devastating" sanctions that would be felt by Russian President Vladimir Putin and the Russian public.
- Johnson: UK plans 'major' troop deployment in Europe as 'clear message to Kremlin' Press TV 30 Jan 2022 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has accused Russia of "destabilizing" the situation around Ukraine, saying London is planning to offer NATO a "major" deployment of troops and military hardware in Eastern Europe.
- UK Foreign Secretary Truss Promises New Round of Sanctions Against Russia in Coming Days Sputnik 30 Jan 2022 -- The UK government previously claimed that Moscow is planning "an invasion" of Ukraine and even seeks to install a pro-Russian puppet government in Kiev.
- "We must face down the clear and present threat posed by Russia" UK FCDO 30 Jan 2022 -- Foreign Secretary Liz Truss has penned an opinion piece in the Telegraph on how the UK is joining forces with our allies to show that there can never be rewards for aggression.
- US senators close to approving 'mother of all sanctions' against Russia Press TV 30 Jan 2022 -- The leaders of the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee say they are close to approving the most unprecedented severe sanctions against Russia to stop what they describe as Moscow's plan to invade Ukraine.
- China Closely Watching Western Handling Of Ukrainian-Russian Tensions RFE/RL 30 Jan 2022 -- Beijing is closely following Russia's military buildup along its border with Ukraine, viewing it as a litmus test for political unity in the West and using the mounting tensions as an opportunity to strengthen its ties with Moscow, analysts say.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|