Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
19 January 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Remarks by President Biden in Press Conference The White House 19 Jan 2022
- Biden Sums Up First Year; Ukraine Is Among Prime Topics VOA 19 Jan 2022 -- During his first press conference of the year, U.S. President Joe Biden spoke candidly at the White House on Wednesday about the possibility of a Russian invasion in Ukraine.
- Statement from Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Russian Aggression Towards Ukraine The White House 19 Jan 2022
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken and Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba at a Joint Press Availability US Dept. of State 19 Jan 2022
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy Before Their Meeting US Dept. of State 19 Jan 2022
- Secretary Blinken's Meeting with Ukrainian President Zelenskyy US Dept. of State 19 Jan 2022
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken with Myroslava Gongadze of Voice of America's Ukrainian Service US Dept. of State 19 Jan 2022
- VOA Interview: Blinken Warns Russia of Action Should It Invade Ukraine VOA 19 Jan 2022 -- The United States is warning Russia that the U.S. and its allies will respond "forcefully and resolutely" to further Russian military aggression against Ukraine but hopes Moscow will pursue a diplomatic path to resolve the crisis, Secretary of State Antony Blinken told VOA in Kyiv Wednesday.
- Statement by White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on President Biden's Meeting with Bipartisan Senators on Ukraine The White House 19 Jan 2022
- Biden Waited Too Long to Act on Russian Buildup at Ukraine Border, US Senators Say VOA 19 Jan 2022 -- A group of Republican U.S. senators called on the Biden administration Wednesday to adopt a tougher response to Russian President Vladimir Putin's threats to invade Ukraine.
- Blinken: Diplomacy Continues In Bid To Deter Russian Aggression Against Ukraine RFE/RL 19 Jan 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken has called on Russian President Vladimir Putin to choose a "diplomatic and peaceful path" and said Washington continues to pursue diplomacy with Moscow as long as it can to avoid aggression in Ukraine amid mounting fears that an invasion could be imminent.
- Readout of Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Russia, Ukraine, and Eurasia Laura Cooper's Participation in a Multinational Roundtable on Ukraine DoD 19 Jan 2022
- Biden Says Putin Has Never Seen Sanctions Like the Ones US Preparing Now Over Ukraine Sputnik 19 Jan 2022 -- On Wednesday, Biden is holding just the second comprehensive solo press conference of his nearly full first year in office. The press conference is taking place amid a rather difficult year for the administration, for both its domestic and foreign agendas.
- NATO Countries Urged to Supply More Weapons to Ukraine VOA 19 Jan 2022 -- Germany is under mounting pressure from European allies to drop its long-standing refusal to supply weapons to Ukraine to help the country to defend itself from a Russian attack.
- US confirms giving $200mn in military aid to Ukraine amid Russia row Press TV 19 Jan 2022 -- The Biden administration has approved $200 million in additional military aid to Ukraine, a senior US State Department official has declared, amid heightening tensions with Russia over the issue.
- UK Supplies Ukraine With Thousands of Light Anti-Tank Missiles Sputnik 19 Jan 2022 -- The United Kingdom has supplied Ukraine with several thousands of light anti-tank missiles, UK Minister for the Armed Forces James Heappey told the LBC radio broadcaster on Wednesday.
- Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia Waiting for US Approval to Send Weapons to Ukraine - Reports Sputnik 19 Jan 2022 -- Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia are waiting for US approval to send American-made lethal weapons to Ukraine in order to deter an alleged Russian invasion, Politico reported on Wednesday.
- Russia to West: Stop supplying weapons to Ukraine Press TV 19 Jan 2022 -- Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov on Wednesday called on the West to stop supplying Ukraine with weapons, amid boiling tensions between Moscow and the West.
- Russia says no new talks on Ukraine until West responds to demands Press TV 19 Jan 2022 -- Russia has ruled out any further talks with the United States and NATO over the situation around Ukraine unless the West responds properly to its security demands.
- Moscow Urges US to Stop Speculations About Russia Allegedly Preparing to Invade Ukraine Sputnik 19 Jan 2022 -- Moscow urges the United States to stop spreading speculations about Russia's allegedly impending invasion of Ukraine, Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Wednesday.
- Ukrainian Court Rejects Detention Request For Ex-President Accused Of Treason RFE/RL 19 Jan 2022 -- A Ukrainian court has rejected a prosecutor's request to arrest Petro Poroshenko in a treason case that the former president rejects as politically motivated.
- Russia Dumps $900 Million More in US Treasuries as Total Investment Hits Historic Low Sputnik 19 Jan 2022 -- Once one of the largest holders of US debt, Moscow has gradually whittled away at its T-Bill stocks and dollar holdings after 2014 over the crisis in Ukraine, switching to euros, yuans, gold and other alternative investments and stores of value.
- Russian, German FMs discuss security guarantees, Ukraine's situation People's Daily 19 Jan 2022 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and his German counterpart Annalena Baerbock met here Tuesday to discuss Moscow's proposal for security guarantees between Russia and the West, and the situation in Ukraine.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list