Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2020 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Iran may tap sovereign fund to pay compensation for downed jet: Report Press TV 25 Nov 2020 -- Iran may decide to use its sovereign wealth fund to pay compensation for a Ukrainian airliner that was downed near Tehran early this year amid high military tensions with the United States.
- Dutch Court Rejects Request To Investigate Alternative MH17 Crash Scenarios RFE/RL 25 Nov 2020 -- A court in the Netherlands hearing the case against four defendants in the 2014 downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 (MH17) over eastern Ukraine has rejected a defense request for more time to investigate alternative explanations for the crash that killed 298 people aboard.
- Ukraine Faces 'Severe' COVID-19 Winter As Coronavirus-Related Deaths Exceed 10,000 RFE/RL 18 Nov 2020 -- Ukraine has passed a milestone of 10,000 deaths caused by COVID-19 as the country faces what the health minister called a "very severe" winter of coronavirus cases.
- Ukrainian President Defends Partial Lockdown While Recuperating From Coronavirus Infection RFE/RL 14 Nov 2020 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has said that a short-term quarantine, introduced amid a record surge in coronavirus cases, could help the country avoid stricter measures.
- Measles Cases Spike In Georgia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan As COVID-19 Impacts Vaccination Worldwide RFE/RL 13 Nov 2020 -- Measles cases worldwide surged to the highest number in nearly a quarter of a century in 2019 due to a drop in vaccinations that is expected to worsen this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- France, Germany Laud Ukraine's Opening Of New Crossing Points To Separatist-Held Territory RFE/RL 13 Nov 2020 -- France and Germany have welcomed Kyiv's opening of new crossing points along the contact line with separatist territory in Ukraine's east, and have called on separatist authorities and their ally Russia to respond in kind by opening crossing points to separatist-controlled areas.
- Ukraine's President, Chief Of Presidential Office Hospitalized Due To COVID-19 RFE/RL 12 Nov 2020 -- Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskiy and the head of his office have been hospitalized after contracting the coronavirus earlier this week.
- Ukrainian President Hospitalized Due to COVID-19 VOA 12 Nov 2020 -- Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskiy and the head of his office have been hospitalized after contracting the coronavirus earlier this week.
- Ukrainian president tests positive for COVID-19 People's Daily 10 Nov 2020 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky tested positive for COVID-19, the president's office confirmed Monday.
- Ukraine's President, Chief Of President's Office Contract Coronavirus RFE/RL 09 Nov 2020 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has tested positive for coronavirus, the presidential office said on November 9.
- Ukraine President Zelenskiy Tests Positive for COVID-19 VOA 09 Nov 2020 -- Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy on Monday became the latest world leader to test positive for COVID-19.
- More Than Just An Onlooker, Ukraine Largely Relieved At U.S. Election Result RFE/RL 08 Nov 2020 -- When U.S. media began to call the presidential race in Joe Biden's favor on November 7, it was about 6:30 p.m. in Kyiv.
- Ukraine Secures $100 Million From World Bank For Conflict-Hit Donbas RFE/RL 07 Nov 2020 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says his country has secured a $100 million loan from the World Bank for reconstruction efforts in the eastern Donbas region, badly hit by the six-year military conflict with Russian-backed separatists.
- U.S. Warns Of 'Growing Concern' Over Ukraine Court Ruling On Anti-Corruption Laws RFE/RL 02 Nov 2020 -- The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv says the European Union, the United States, and several other nations are following with "growing concern" the developments surrounding the Ukrainian Constitutional Court's recent ruling to abolish some anti-corruption laws.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list