Donetsk Observes Ceasefire, Does Not Respond to Kiev 'Provocations'
21:37 19.02.2015(updated 22:03 19.02.2015)
According to the deputy commander of the DPR independence forces, the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic strictly observes the ceasefire and does not respond to 'sporadic provocations from Ukrainian troops.'
DONETSK (Sputnik) – The situation near the contact line between Kiev-led forces and eastern Ukrainian militia is stabilizing, and the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) is continuing the withdrawal of its heavy weapons, deputy commander of the DPR independence forces said Thursday.
"The Donetsk People's Republic continues its withdrawal of heavy weapons from the contact line outlined in the Minsk agreements from September 19 last year," Basurin told reporters.
Basurin added that the situation at the contact line is gradually stabilizing, and the independence forces "strictly observe the ceasefire and do not respond to sporadic provocations from Ukrainian troops."
The self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic could abandon the ceasefire agreement reached in Minsk if Kiev-led forces continue the shelling of settlements and militia's positions in the region, the deputy commander of the DPR militia said Thursday.
"If Ukrainian armed forces continue shelling suburbs, towns and villages in the DPR, the DPR may unilaterally declare that it will abandon this Minsk agreement," Eduard Basurin told reporters.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|