DPR Envoy Says Appealed to OSCE Regarding Ukrainian Army Shelling Horlivka
23:59 15.02.2015(updated 04:47 16.02.2015)
DPR envoy reportedly said that he has contacted the representatives of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe asking them to immediately influence the Kiev-led anti-terrorist operation leadership to cease the fire in the town of Horlivka.
DONETSK (Sputnik) – Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) envoy Denis Pushilin said Sunday that he has contacted the representatives of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) regarding the shelling of Horlivka, Donbas region by Kiev forces.
"I have already appealed to the representatives of the OSCE Mission for them to immediately influence the ATO [the Kiev-led anti-terrorist operation] leadership to cease the fire in the town," Pushilin said as quoted by the Donetsk news agency.
According to Pushilin, on Sunday evening Kiev's militants have shelled the town of Horlivka in Ukraine's southeast.
Earlier on Sunday, DPR command said since the establishment of the ceasefire, the Kiev forces have shelled the territory of the self-proclaimed people's republic 16 times.
The ceasefire between Kiev forces and Donbas independence supporters entered in force at midnight, local time on February 15 (February 14, 22:00 GMT), as was agreed at the February 12 meeting between the leaders of Ukraine, France and Germany and Russia in Minsk.
On Sunday afternoon Ukrainian military spokesman Andriy Lysenko said that the situation in Donbas is beginning to stabilize after the truce became effective.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|