November 2012 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Work Starts On New Chornobyl Shelter RFE/RL 28 Nov 2012 -- Workers have raised the first section of a structure that will eventually cover the exploded reactor at Ukraine's Chornobyl nuclear power station.
- Ukraine Presses Russia on Joint Space Launch Program RIA Novosti 23 Nov 2012 -- The implementation of a Russian-Ukrainian space launch program now depends on the Russian Defense Ministry, the head of the Ukrainian State Space Agency said on Friday.
- Ukraine's Ruling Party Gets 72 Seats in New Parliament RIA Novosti 10 Nov 2012 -- Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych's ruling Party of Regions has gained 72 seats in the new parliament following the October 28 elections, the country's central election commission said on Saturday.
- Medics Urge Tymoshenko to Stop Hunger-Strike RIA Novosti 10 Nov 2012 -- Ukrainian doctors who conducted a regular medical examination of jailed former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko asked her to stop a hunger-strike, the country's penitentiary service said on Saturday.
- Ukraine Eyes Indonesian Arms Market RIA Novosti 09 Nov 2012 -- Ukraine has rolled out an impressive display of arms and military equipment at an international defense show in Jakarta in an effort to sign a number of contracts with Indonesia.
- Ukraine’s Ruling Party Wins 30 Percent in Parliamentary Elections RIA Novosti 08 Nov 2012 -- Ukraine’s ruling Party of Regions has gained 30 percent of the vote in the October 28 parliamentary elections.
- Ukraine to Build Medevac Helicopter RIA Novosti 07 Nov 2012 -- Ukrainian gas turbine maker Motor Sich plans to produce its own six-ton class medical evacuation helicopter within five years.
- Ukrainian PM Denies Ballot Rigging in Parliamentary Polls RIA Novosti 07 Nov 2012 -- Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov, whose Party of Regions claimed victory in October 28 elections, has denied allegations that the voting was rigged.
- Ukraine's Parliament Calls for Partial Re-vote VOA 06 Nov 2012 -- Ukraine's parliament called for a new election in five disputed districts as hundreds continue to rally in the capital Kyiv against alleged vote-rigging in favor of the ruling party.
- Tensions Rise In Ukraine Over Election Results RFE/RL 06 Nov 2012 -- Political tensions are rising in Ukraine as the country's opposition presses its demands for a partial recount of last month's parliamentary elections.
- Ukraine Parliament to Look into Vote Count Delay RIA Novosti 06 Nov 2012 -- The Ukrainian parliament set up an ad hoc commission to probe the reasons for the slow ballot count after voting in October 28 elections.
- Ukrainian Election Officials Call For Partial Vote Recount VOA 05 Nov 2012 -- Election officials in Ukraine have called for a recount of ballots cast in several districts during last month's vote.
- Ukraine's Opposition Steps Up Threats Of Parliamentary Boycott RFE/RL 05 Nov 2012 -- Ukrainian opposition forces are stepping up threats to boycott the country's new parliament.
- Ukraine Opposition Forces Threaten Call for New Elections RIA Novosti 05 Nov 2012 -- Several hundred opposition protesters took to the streets in Kiev to protest against last week’s allegedly rigged parliamentary elections.
- Ukraine Opposition to Rally Against 'Election Fraud' RIA Novosti 04 Nov 2012 -- Ukraine’s United Opposition has called on its supporters to protest against the alleged falsification of the vote count at the country’s parliamentary election.
- Ukrainian Opposition Leader Calls For Party To Refuse Parliamentary Seats RFE/RL 04 Nov 2012 -- A Ukrainian lawmaker and leader of the opposition Batkivshchina party of jailed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko has repeated a call for the party to refuse to send deputies to the new parliament that was elected on October 28.
- Ruling Party Wins Ukrainian Election RIA Novosti 03 Nov 2012 -- Ukraine's ruling Party of the Regions gained almost 30 percent of the vote with 99.84 percent of the ballots counted after the country's parliamentary elections.
- Two Ukrainian Elections Officials Hint at Partial Re-Vote VOA 02 Nov 2012 -- Two key members of Ukraine's Central Elections Commission say a partial re-vote may be needed in key districts to determine who won parliamentary seats in Sunday's controversial elections.
- Battle for Fair Vote in Ukraine Drags On RIA Novosti 02 Nov 2012 -- World famous boxer Vitaly Klitschko threatened not to recognize the results of the election.
- Tymoshenko Refuses To End Hunger Strike RFE/RL 01 Nov 2012 -- Imprisoned former Ukrainian PM Tymoshenko has vowed to continue her hunger strike despite recommendations from doctors that she needed to start eating again.
- Ukraine's Ruling Party Holds 30 Percent RFE/RL 01 Nov 2012 -- With more than 99 percent of party-list ballots counted from Ukraine's parliamentary elections, figures from the Central Election Commission show the ruling Party of Regions holding the lead with just above 30 percent.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|