September 2012 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Tymoshenko Makes Video Appeal To Ukrainian Voters RFE/RL 29 Sep 2012 -- Jailed Ukrainian opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko has appealed to Ukraine's voters to cast out members of President Viktor Yanukovych's Party of Regions in parliamentary elections on October 28.
- Tymoshenko Calls for Yanukovych Ouster In New Video RIA Novosti 29 Sep 2012 -- Jailed Ukrainian opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko urged her compatriots to 'overthrow the gang' led by President Viktor Yanukovych during the country's upcoming parliamentary elections.
- Tymoshenko Faces New Charges RIA Novosti 25 Sep 2012 -- The Ukrainian Prosecutor's General Office has enough evidence to charge jailed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko in the 1996 murder of prominent politician Yevhen Shcherban, First Deputy Prosecutor General Renat Kuzmin said on Tuesday.
- U.S. Says Ukraine Relations 'On Hold' Due To Prosecutions Of Opposition RFE/RL 20 Sep 2012 -- Washington says relations with Ukraine are "on hold" due to Kyiv's prosecution of former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko and other leaders of the Orange Revolution.
- In Ukraine, New Law On Rallies Raises Fears Of Election Clampdown RFE/RL 19 Sep 2012 -- Requiring organizers to provide advance notice before they hold a rally is standard practice in most democracies and is not usually considered threatening.
- Jailed Ukrainian Ex-Prime Minister To Remain In Clinic For At Least One Month RFE/RL 18 Sep 2012 -- Ukrainian deputy Health Minister Raisa Moiseyenko has said that jailed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko would stay for at least one more month in a clinic for treatment.
- Tymoshenko's Strange Week In Jail RFE/RL 14 Sep 2012 -- It's been a trying week for jailed Ukrainian opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko.
- Ukraine to Halve Armed Forces by 2017 RIA Novosti 07 Sep 2012 -- The Ukrainian Armed Forces are to be downsized almost 50 percent by 2017, General Staff chief Igor Nikolaenko said on Friday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|