December 2011 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Ukraine's ex-PM Tymoshenko to serve sentence in Kharkov penal colony RIA Novosti 30 Dec 2011 -- Ukrainian opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko, convicted on charges of abuse of office, will be serving her sentence in the Kachanovskaya Penal Colony in the country's Kharkov region, the penitentiary service said on Friday.
- Ukraine Drops Murder Case Against Kuchma RFE/RL 14 Dec 2011 -- A district court in Kyiv has dismissed charges against former President Kuchma alleging his involvement in killing of journalist Heorhiy Gongadze.
- Ukrainian court drops charges against former president Kuchma RIA Novosti 14 Dec 2011 -- The Ukrainian Pechersk District Court dropped charges against former President Leonid Kuchma.
- EU Official: 'Serious Concern' About Tymoshenko VOA 13 Dec 2011 -- A European Union envoy says he has voiced "serious concern" to Ukrainian President and top officials in Ukraine about jailing of Yulia Tymoshenko.
- Ukrainian Hunger Strikers End Protest After Pledge Of Payments RFE/RL 12 Dec 2011 -- About 20 veterans of the Chornobyl nuclear disaster cleanup effort have ended their hunger strike in the city of Donetsk.
- Judge Orders Indefinite Arrest As Tymoshenko Trial Resumes In Jail Cell RFE/RL 09 Dec 2011 -- Authorities in Ukraine have placed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko under indefinite arrest following the resumption in her jail cell of an embezzlement trial launched after her conviction on unrelated charges.
- Former Ukrainian President Says Tymoshenko More Powerful In Jail RFE/RL 05 Dec 2011 -- Ukraine's first president, Leonid Kravchuk, says jailed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko's political popularity is stronger now since she was sentenced, RFE/RL's Ukrainian Service reports.
- Ukraine's Chornobyl Veterans Continue Hunger Strike RFE/RL 02 Dec 2011 -- Nineteen veterans of the post-Chornobyl nuclear disaster cleanup have continued their hunger strike in Kyiv.
- Appeals judge orders Tymoshenko to remain behind bars RIA Novosti 01 Dec 2011 -- A court in Kiev rejected an appeal from jailed former PM Tymoshenko and ordered her to serve out her term in prison.
- Tymoshenko Appeal Hearing Begins in Ukraine VOA 01 Dec 2011 -- A Ukrainian court has opened preliminary hearings into former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko's appeal of her seven-year jail sentence.