November 2011 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Ukrainians Rally In Kyiv To Support Donetsk Protesters RFE/RL 30 Nov 2011 -- Some 3,000 veterans of the 1986 cleanup of the Chornobyl nuclear disaster and the Soviet Union's Afghan war picketed in Kyiv.
- Tymoshenko moved to ‘European-level’ medical ward RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2011 -- Former Ukrainian PM Tymoshenko has been transferred to a pretrial detention center's European-standard medical unit for treatment.
- Court to consider Tymoshenko appeal on Dec. 1 RIA Novosti 29 Nov 2011 -- Kiev appeals court scheduled preliminary hearings on an appeal by jailed ex-Ukrainian prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko for December 1.
- Ukraine’s president orders ‘European custody standards’ for Tymoshenko RIA Novosti 28 Nov 2011 -- Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych ordered that conditions for jailed ex-prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko be maintained “at a European level.”
- Chornobyl Veterans In Ukraine Clash With Police RFE/RL 16 Nov 2011 -- Some 500 veterans of the Chornobyl nuclear disaster cleanup have clashed with police in Kyiv.
- Chernobyl veterans overrun regional government building RIA Novosti 16 Nov 2011 -- Former Chernobyl cleanup workers took over the building of a regional pension fund in the city of Lvov, western Ukraine.
- Chornobyl Veterans In Ukraine Start Hunger Strike RFE/RL 15 Nov 2011 -- More than 40 veterans of the Chornobyl cleanup have gone on hunger strike in Donetsk to protest planned pension cuts.
- Ukraine parliament drops bill that would free Tymoshenko RIA Novosti 15 Nov 2011 -- The Ukrainian parliament threw out a bill that would have exonerated jailed ex-prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko.
- Tymoshenko's Health Failing In Prison, Daughter Says RFE/RL 11 Nov 2011 -- The daughter of jailed former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko says her mother has fallen seriously ill in prison and is confined to her bed as prosecutors interrogate her on fresh charges, RFE/RL's Ukrainian Service reports.
- Chernobyl disaster workers continue rally near Ukraine’s government building RIA Novosti 03 Nov 2011 -- Former Chernobyl workers and human rights activists in Ukraine protesting against planned social benefit cuts.
- Chernobyl veteran protesters storm Ukrainian Parliament RIA Novosti 01 Nov 2011 -- Some 1,000 Chernobyl disaster clean-up crew angered with planned cuts of social benefits stormed the Ukrainian parliament building.