Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
June 2011 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Tymoshenko Denounces 'Puppet' Judge As Trial Gets Under Way RFE/RL 29 Jun 2011 -- A staunchly defiant, even combative, former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko has gone on trial in a Kyiv court to face charges of abuse of office stemming from a 2009 energy deal with Russia.
- Former Ukraine PM to Stand Trial for Abuse of Power Charges VOA 26 Jun 2011 -- Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko will stand trial in Kyiv on Wednesday, charged with abuse of power.
- Ukraine, NATO to carry out radioactive clean-up RIA Novosti 24 Jun 2011 -- Ukraine and NATO will begin a joint ecological project to clean up the territory of Ukraine from military radioactive sources leftover from the Soviet era.
- Kiev-NATO ties should not surprise Moscow - Ukrainian diplomat RIA Novosti 21 Jun 2011 -- The continuing close cooperation between Ukraine and NATO should have been expected by Russia.
- Ukraine needs additional $215mln to build new sarcophagus in Chernobyl RIA Novosti 21 Jun 2011 -- Ukraine needs an additional 150 million euros ($215 million) to complete nuclear safety work at Chernobyl.
- Naval exercises sign of close ties with Ukraine - U.S. State Dept. RIA Novosti 14 Jun 2011 -- The U.S. State Department on Monday said the Sea Breeze 2011 naval exercises, which have been decried by Russia, were a sign of close cooperation with Ukraine.
- Indian Air Force inducts upgraded Antonov-32 airlift aircraft IRNA 09 Jun 2011 -- The Indian Air Force inducted four upgraded Antonov-32 aircraft, which underwent overhauling and technical life extension program in Ukraine.
- Ukraine to sell over 200 tanks worth $100 mln to Ethiopia RIA Novosti 09 Jun 2011 -- Ukrainian state company Ukrspetsexport signed a $100-million contract with the Ethiopian Defense Ministry on the delivery of over 200 T-72 tanks.
- Russia, Ukraine to build nuclear fuel production plant RIA Novosti 08 Jun 2011 -- Russia and Ukraine will establish a joint venture to manufacture nuclear fuel later this year, TVEL nuclear fuel Vice President Vasily Konstantinov said.
- Russia, Ukraine reach breakthrough in sea border talks - Lavrov RIA Novosti 05 Jun 2011 -- Russia and Ukraine have reached a breakthrough in their talks on maritime border delimitation, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Sunday.