Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
December 2010 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Prosecutors question Tymoshenko for 11 hours, eager to start trial RIA Novosti 31 Dec 2010 -- Ukrainian prosecutors said they had finished pre-trial investigation into activities of former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko after she was questioned for 11 hours on Thursday.
- Tymoshenko officially accused of two offences RIA Novosti 31 Dec 2010 -- Ukrainian former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko was officially delivered two charges of power abuse on Friday.
- Ukraine's ex-interior minister appeals arrest RIA Novosti 30 Dec 2010 -- Ukraine's former interior minister Yuriy Lutsenko, in custody on abuse of office charges, appealed his arrest on Thursday.
- Ukraine's ex-interior minister transferred to regular prison RIA Novosti 28 Dec 2010 -- Ukraine's former interior minister Yuriy Lutsenko, who was arrested for abuse of office last weekend, has been transferred to one of the country's oldest prisons, Ombudswoman Nina Karpachyova said on Tuesday.
- More Join List Of Former Ukrainian Officials In Trouble With Law RFE/RL 27 Dec 2010 -- Yuriy Lutsenko went out on December 26 to walk his dog near his apartment in Kyiv. Instead, the former Ukrainian interior minister found himself bundled into a car by Ukrainian Security Service officers and taken to jail. He faces charges of abuse of office and embezzling state funds and was today ordered held for two months.
- Ukrainian court sanctions arrest of ex-interior minister Lutsenko RIA Novosti 27 Dec 2010 -- The Pechyorsky Court of Kiev officially sanctioned on Monday the arrest of former interior minister Yuriy Lutsenko, who is suspected of abusing his power of office.
- Tymoshenko to be questioned by Ukrainian prosecutors Dec. 29 RIA Novosti 27 Dec 2010 -- Ukrainian opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko has been summoned again for questioning at the Prosecutor General's Office on December 29.
- Ukraine's ex-interior minister says held over Yushchenko poisoning RIA Novosti 26 Dec 2010 -- Ukraine's former interior minister, Yuriy Lutsenko, who was held by the country's security service on Sunday, said he was targeted for his alleged involvement in the poisoning of former president Viktor Yushchenko.
- President Yanukovych behind Ukraine's ex-interior minister detention - Tymoshenko RIA Novosti 26 Dec 2010 -- Accusations against Ukraine's former interior minister, who was detained by secret police on Sunday, are politically motivated, opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko said.
- Trial doubtful on Tymoshenko's misuse of funds - Ukrainian president RIA Novosti 24 Dec 2010 -- Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych said on Friday he doubts ex-premier minister Yulia Tymoshenko's case of misusing state funds will reach court, but if it does, then it should be fair.
- Ukraine's Tymoshenko faces new charges for misusing $131 mln RIA Novosti 24 Dec 2010 -- Ukrainian opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko is accused of spending 100 million euros ($131 million) from government reserves to buy cars that she later used in her presidential campaign, the Prosecutor General's Office said on Friday.
- Ukraine's Tymoshenko prepared for arrest RIA Novosti 22 Dec 2010 -- Ukrainian opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko, who has been charged with misusing state funds during her term as prime minister, said on Wednesday she was prepared for tougher restraint measures.
- Ukraine's Former Prime Minister Charged With Abuse Of Office RFE/RL 20 Dec 2010 -- Ukrainian opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko has been charged with abuse of power during the years she served as prime minister -- 2007 to 2010.
- Tymoshenko government accused of misappropriating $8.5 mln to advocate Ukraine's image RIA Novosti 20 Dec 2010 -- Ukraine's previous cabinet headed by Yulia Tymoshenko has illegally allocated 67.6 million hryvnias ($8.46 million) from state reserves to the Justice Ministry intended to cover expenses on advocating Ukraine's interests in foreign courts, the country's Audit Chamber has revealed.
- Russia's Constitutional Court rules in favor of Chernobyl veterans RIA Novosti 20 Dec 2010 -- Russia's Constitutional Court ruled on Monday that the state must fully compensate former soldiers who have been suffering after emergency operations at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in 1986.
- Ukraine to draw up new military doctrine in near future RIA Novosti 14 Dec 2010 -- Ukraine will develop a new national security concept and a new military doctrine in the near future.
- New Chernobyl sarcophagus to be built by 2015 - minister RIA Novosti 12 Dec 2010 -- A new confinement to encase reactor 4 at the Chernobyl Power Plant, the scene of the world's worst civilian nuclear accident, will be built by 2015, Ukrainian Emergencies Minister Viktor Baloha said on Sunday.
- Ukraine to open Chernobyl nuke disaster zone for tourists in 2011 - official RIA Novosti 12 Dec 2010 -- Ukraine's Emergencies Ministry plans to organize from 2011 tourist routes to Chernobyl, the site of the world's worst nuclear disaster, Ukrainian news agency UNIAN quoted Emergencies Minister Viktor Baloga as saying on Sunday.
- Ukraine prime minister orders abolition of ministries RIA Novosti 10 Dec 2010 -- Ukraine's Cabinet of Ministers has started self-reorganization in line with President Viktor Yanukovych's orders, the government press service said on Friday.
- Ukrainian ex-secret police boss quizzed over Yushchenko poisoning RIA Novosti 10 Dec 2010 -- Former deputy head of the Ukrainian secret police Volodymyr Satsyuk has been questioned over his involvement in the 2004 dioxin poisoning of former President Viktor Yushchenko, Ukraine's prosecutor general Viktor Pshonka said.
- Ukrainian ministers sacked as part of administrative reform RIA Novosti 10 Dec 2010 -- Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has sacked 15 ministers of the country's Cabinet as part of his administrative reform, according to decrees published on the president's official website on Friday.
- Wikileaks: U.S. incensed by Ukraine's arms exports RIA Novosti 08 Dec 2010 -- The United States is fighting a constant battle to stop the flow of arms from Ukraine and other East European countries to terrorist in the Middle East, documents released by the Wikileaks website reveal.
- Ukraine not scared of WikiLeaks cables RIA Novosti 08 Dec 2010 -- The Ukrainian authorities have nothing to fear from a batch of confidential U.S. diplomatic cables recently made public by the WikiLeaks website, head of the country's administration Anna Herman said.
- 'Second Chernobyl' uncovered in Ukraine - paper RIA Novosti 03 Dec 2010 -- A group of independent environmentalists has uncovered a zone where the radiation level is higher than that in Chernobyl.