February 2008 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- NATO has no plans yet to admit Georgia, Ukraine - Russia's envoy RIA Novosti 22 Feb 2008 -- Russia's envoy to NATO said on Friday the alliance is not currently considering admitting the former Soviet states of Georgia and Ukraine.
- Ukrainian opposition continues parliamentary protest over NATO bid RIA Novosti 18 Feb 2008 -- The Ukrainian opposition intends to continue obstructing the work of parliament over the issue of country's drive for NATO membership, an opposition leader said on Monday.
- Russia, Ukraine to revive An-70 joint project - defense minister RIA Novosti 15 Feb 2008 -- Russia will resume a joint project with Ukraine to build An-70 military transport aircraft after an almost 2-year delay in setting up the program, the Ukrainian defense minister said on Friday.
- Rice Calls Russian Threats on Ukraine Unacceptable VOA 13 Feb 2008 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice Wednesday condemned implicit threats by Russian President Vladimir Putin against Ukraine, if the Kyiv government upgrades its relationship with NATO
- Ukraine ready to adopt laws against NATO base deployment RIA Novosti 13 Feb 2008 -- Ukraine is ready to adopt laws to prevent NATO military bases from being deployed on its territory in the event of the country joining the military alliance, Ukraine's president said on Wednesday.
- Ukraine's speaker proposes 3 month delay on NATO vote RIA Novosti 11 Feb 2008 -- Ukraine's parliamentary speaker proposed postponing for three months a referendum on the sensitive issue of Kiev's NATO membership Monday, and urged the Supreme Rada to resume work.
- Poland urges NATO countries to back Ukraine's membership bid RIA Novosti 02 Feb 2008 -- Poland has called on members of the North Atlantic alliance to support Ukraine's request to join the NATO Membership Action Plan (MAP), the Polish foreign minister said on Saturday.