Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
July 2015 - United Kingdom Special Weapons News
- £125 Million investment in new armoured vehicles sustains 40 skilled Scottish jobs UK MOD 30 Jul 2015 -- A £125 million contract to provide the British Army's next generation Armoured Vehicles with a high tech sighting system will sustain 40 jobs in Scotland.
- British army cuts made 3 years ahead of schedule Press TV 29 Jul 2015 -- Senior UK military figures argue that army personnel cuts have already been made, three years ahead of schedule, and without proper reservist numbers.
- Readout of Deputy Secretary of Defense Bob Work's meeting with Philip Dunne, UK Ministry of Defense, Minister of State for Defense Procurement DoD 28 Jul 2015
- DoD, U.K. Defense Ministry Sign Reserve Forces Memorandum AFPS 27 Jul 2015 -- The U.S. Defense Department and the United Kingdom's Defense Ministry signed a memorandum of understanding today that officials say signifies expanding international relationships while serving a valuable role in security cooperation.
- Prime Minister announces new jobs and investment for Wales UK MOD 23 Jul 2015 -- David Cameron announces a £390 million contract to support armoured fighting vehicles, bringing 250 highly-skilled jobs to Wales.
- Update: air strikes in Iraq UK MOD 21 Jul 2015 -- British forces have continued to conduct air operations to assist the Iraqi government in its fight against ISIL.
- Cameron Says Britain Needs Greater Role Against IS VOA 19 Jul 2015 -- British Prime Minister David Cameron says his country needs to take a greater role in destroying the Islamic State group in Syria.
- Snipers hone skills during Royal Air Force training AFNS 19 Jul 2015 -- He shivered in below-freezing temperatures, as pouring rain seeped through his muddied uniform. Clouds blanketed the night sky, casting a darkness difficult to defeat. Even with night vision technology, it was hard to see past his rifle.
- High Court rules surveillance legislation 'unlawful' Press TV 17 Jul 2015 -- The High Court has ruled that emergency data retention and surveillance legislation the coalition government introduced last year is unlawful.
- New RAF intelligence aircraft to be delivered seven months early UK MOD 16 Jul 2015 -- Defence Secretary announces the second RAF Airseeker intelligence aircraft will be delivered well ahead of schedule.
- UK soldiers to join training exercise in Ukraine UK MOD 15 Jul 2015 -- The Prime Minister has announced that British soldiers will take part in a multi-national training exercise in Ukraine.
- Royal Navy's latest submarine to set sail this summer UK MOD 10 Jul 2015 -- HMS Artful, the third of the Royal Navy's new Astute Class attack submarines will set sail for sea trials this summer
- Latest A400M transport aircraft is delivered to the Royal Air Force UK MOD 06 Jul 2015 -- The Ministry of Defence is pleased to announce it has taken delivery of its third A400M Atlas aircraft, which has flown to the UK.
- Update: air strikes in Iraq UK MOD 01 Jul 2015 -- British forces have continued to conduct air operations to assist the Iraqi government in its fight against ISIL.
- £150M cannon contract signed for UK armoured fighting vehicles UK MOD 01 Jul 2015 -- The Defence Secretary has announced that the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has awarded a £150 million contract to supply a new cannon capability for the UK Armed Forces.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list