Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
June 2015 - United Kingdom Special Weapons News
- HMS Enterprise to replace HMS Bulwark in the Mediterranean UK MOD 22 Jun 2015 -- Michael Fallon has announced HMS Enterprise will replace HMS Bulwark in support of the EU mission to tackle the migration in the Med.
- UK Provides Further Equipment to Kurdish Fighters Tackling ISIL UK MOD 22 Jun 2015 -- The Defence Secretary has announced that the UK will supply a further £600,000 worth of military equipment to the Kurdish Peshmerga.
- Defence secretary emphasises deep UK commitment during Baltic NATO visit UK MOD 17 Jun 2015 -- Hundreds of personnel serving at the heart of exercises and operations across eastern Europe have shown the UK's commitment to NATO reassurance, the Defence Secretary has said.
- Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria, Iraq AFPS 15 Jun 2015 -- U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.
- UK continues to play leading role in countering ISIL UK MOD 15 Jun 2015 -- Alongside the ongoing air strike campaign, the UK military continues to play a leading role in the fight against ISIL.
- MI6 Spy Pullout Goes Unnoticed in China After Snowden Files 'Compromised' Sputnik 15 Jun 2015 -- China has no information concerning British intelligence agents, the country ministry's spokesman Lu Kang said Monday.
- RAF Typhoons shadow Russian jets over Baltic Sea Press TV 10 Jun 2015 -- The Royal Air Force (RAF) Typhoons have intercepted two Russian military jets over the Baltic Sea.
- RAF Typhoons intercept two Russian aircraft near Baltic states UK MOD 09 Jun 2015 -- RAF Typhoon jets deployed as part of the NATO Baltic Air Policing mission intercepted two unknown aircraft on a mission over the Baltic Sea.
- UN atomic agency chief spotlights uranium fuel bank, Fukushima in report to governing body UN News 08 Jun 2015 -- A new report on the 2011 nuclear accident in eastern Japan's Fukushima area and two agreements related to the establishment of an International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reserve of low enriched uranium were among the key points highlighted by Director General Yukiya Amano to the Agency's Board of Governors today.
- UK to increase contribution to NATO task force UK MOD 08 Jun 2015 -- The Defence Secretary has announced that the UK will contribute an additional 500 personnel to a NATO high-readiness task force
- UK mulls hosting US missiles to counter Russia military plans Press TV 07 Jun 2015 -- British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond says his country is ready to consider hosting US cruise missiles in an alleged bid to counter "worrying signs" from Russia's military plans.
- UK to Consider Hosting US Cruise Missiles to Counter Russia Sputnik 07 Jun 2015 -- The United Kingdom will consider hosting US intermediate missiles to counter Russia amid escalation of tensions in Ukraine, UK Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said Sunday.
- Cameron Announces Plans to Send 125 More Military Trainers to Iraq Sputnik 07 Jun 2015 -- UK Prime Minister David Cameron announced on Sunday that he was planning to send additional 125 military personnel to Iraq to help the country counter the Islamic State (ISIL) group, at an annual Group of Seven (G7) summit in Bavaria, Germany.
- US defense chief urges UK to boost army spending Press TV 01 Jun 2015 -- The US defense chief has warned that the UK could become "disengaged" if it refuses to commit to further spending on its defense.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list