2010 Turkey Special Weapons News
- Turkey Begins Coup Plot Trial VOA 16 Dec 2010 -- A trial has begun in Turkey for nearly 200 military officers, including some high-ranking officials, who are accused of involvement in an alleged plot to overthrow the government in 2003.
- Russia to start building Turkey's first nuclear power plant in 2013 - ambassador RIA Novosti 12 Dec 2010 -- Russia will start building Turkey's first nuclear power plant estimated at $20 billion in 2013, Russian ambassador to Ankara Vladimir Ivanovsky said on Sunday.
- NATO missiles in Turkey would defend Israel's 'crimes' RIA Novosti 16 Nov 2010 -- The possible deployment of NATO missile defense systems in Turkey is solely aimed at defending Israeli interests.
- Turkey's Government Encouraged by Referendum Results VOA 13 Sep 2010 -- The government in Turkey secured a decisive victory in a referendum on its reforms to the constitution.
- Turkey referendum approves military must submit to civilian control IRNA 13 Sep 2010 -- Turkish voters approved a sweeping package of constitutional reforms.
- Russia no longer 'security threat' to Turkey RIA Novosti 23 Aug 2010 -- Turkey will strike four countries, including Russia, from its list of external security threats in a bid to revise the country's national security strategy, national media reported on Monday.
- Turkey, Brazil may join Iranian nuclear talks RIA Novosti 28 Jul 2010 -- EU will discuss with the Iran 6 of international mediators Tehran's proposal to include Turkey and Brazil in talks on its nuclear program.
- Iran, Turkey ink security agreement IRNA 28 Jul 2010 -- Iran and Turkey ink security agreement here on Wednesday.
- Turkish parliament ratifies Russian-Turkish NPP agreement RIA Novosti 15 Jul 2010 -- Turkish parliament ratified a cooperation agreement with Russia on the construction of Turkey's first nuclear power plant.
- Turkish nuclear plant deal with Russia submitted to parliament RIA Novosti 02 Jul 2010 -- A Russian-Turkish intergovernmental agreement on the construction of Turkey's first nuclear power plant has been submitted to the Turkish parliament, national media said on Friday.
- Israeli, Turkish Ministers Hold Talks in Bid to Repair Ties VOA 01 Jul 2010 -- A high-ranking Israeli envoy has met with Turkey's foreign minister in a bid to improve relations that had rapidly deteriorated following Israel's deadly raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla in May.
- Turkey closes its airspace for Israeli planes RIA Novosti 28 Jun 2010 -- Turkey has closed its airspace for Israeli planes after ties between the two countries deteriorated following raid by Israeli commandos on a Turkish aid flotilla.
- Rahimi: Iran calls for unified stands with Syria, Turkey, Iraq IRNA 22 Jun 2010 -- First VP Rahimi: Ties between Iran and Syria are very consolidated and expressed the hope that a unified stands would be takeb by Iran, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
- Russia, Turkey sign deal on monitoring nuclear safety RIA Novosti 08 Jun 2010 -- Russia and Turkey signed an agreement on the monitoring of nuclear safety.
- Contract on Turkey nuclear plant nearly ready RIA Novosti 14 May 2010 -- A contract on the construction by Russian specialists of Turkey's first nuclear power plant will be signed in the near future.
- Joint Russian-Turkish NPP deal to be sent to parliament RIA Novosti 12 May 2010 -- Agreement with Russia in will be sent for ratification to the Turkish parliament within the next 7-10 days.
- Medvedev's visit to strengthen Russian-Turkish rapprochement RIA Novosti 12 May 2010 -- When Russian President Medvedev arrived in Turkey, it was clear that the main outcome of his visit would be the establishment of a High-Level Cooperation Council.
- Russia Signs Deal To Build Turkey's First Nuclear Power Plant RFE/RL 12 May 2010 -- Russia signed an agreement to help build and operate Turkey's first nuclear power plant.
- Investment in joint Russian-Turkish projects to top $25 bln RIA Novosti 12 May 2010 -- Moscow and Ankara signed deals on Wednesday which their leaders hope will bring over $25 billion in mutual investment.
- Russian President to sign strategic, long-term agreements in Ankara RIA Novosti 11 May 2010 -- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev is expected to sign strategic and long-term intergovernmental agreements during an official visit to Ankara.
- Russia, Turkey becoming strategic partners - Medvedev RIA Novosti 10 May 2010 -- Russia and Turkey are becoming strategic partners, President Dmitry Medvedev said shortly before his visit to Ankara, due May 11-12.
- Turkey needs several nuclear plants to 'meet power shortage' RIA Novosti 30 Jan 2010 -- Turkey needs several nuclear power stations to cope with a growing shortage of electricity, the head of the Ankara Chamber of Commerce said Saturday.
- Moscow, Ankara agree on nuclear power plant cooperation RIA Novosti 13 Jan 2010 -- Russia and Turkey on Wednesday signed a joint statement regarding plans to build a nuclear power plant on Turkish soil.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|