Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
August 2022 - Turkey Special Weapons News
- Amnesty Accuses Iran, Turkey Of Firing At Afghans Trying To Reach Safety RFE/RL Gandhara 31 Aug 2022 -- Amnesty International has accused Iranian and Turkish forces of "repeatedly" pushing back Afghans who attempt to cross their borders and opening fire on men, women, and children trying to reach safety.
- Joint Statement on Syria US Dept. of State 31 Aug 2022 -- Representatives of the Arab League, Egypt, the European Union, France, Germany, Iraq, Jordan, Norway, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkiye, the United Kingdom, and the United States met August 30-31 at the envoy level in Geneva to discuss the crisis in Syria.
- Greece Accuses Turkey of Distorting Facts in F-16 Jet Tracking Case Sputnik 29 Aug 2022 -- Turkey has been distorting reality and spreading false facts when accusing Greece of targeting its military aviation, Greek government spokesman Ioannis Oikonomou said on Monday.
- No: 273, 29 August 2022, Press Release Regarding the Developments in Iraq Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 29 Aug 2022 -- The ongoing developments in Baghdad have taken a dangerous turn in terms of the stability, unity and security of the country.
- No: 270, 28 August 2022, Press Release Regarding the Agreement Between Kosovo and Serbia on Border Crossings With ID Cards Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 28 Aug 2022
- Turkish F-16s Were Reportedly 'Radar Locked' by Greek S-300 in Crete During Routine Flight Sputnik 28 Aug 2022 -- The Turkish security sources called out the hypocrisy of some of the NATO member-states who opposed Ankara's purchase of S-400 missile systems from Russia, but do not criticize Greece's use of Russian S-300 systems to target Turkish jets.
- Erdogan Holds Phone Talks With Aliyev, Discusses Baku Gaining Control Over Lachin - Ankara Sputnik 27 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has held phone talks with his Azerbaijani counterpart, Ilham Aliyev, expressing his pleasure over Azerbaijan gaining control over the Karabakh city of Lachin, the Turkish president's office said on Saturday.
- QA-23, 27 August 2022, Statement of the Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Tanju BilgiÃ§, in Response to a Question Regarding the Statements of French President Emmanuel Macron Targeting Our Country Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 27 Aug 2022 -- "It is extremely unfortunate that French President Emmanuel Macron, made statements targeting TÃ¼rkiye, along with some other countries, during his visit to Algeria."
- US spy agency threaten Turkish businessmen over Russia trade Press TV 28 Aug 2022 -- Local offices of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in Turkey have "openly" threatened Turkish businessmen for trading with Russia while snooping into their real estate deals over concerns about possible evasion of US-led sanctions against Moscow, local news outlets reported.
- Turkish military forces, allied militants shell villages in Syria's Raqqah: Report Press TV 27 Aug 2022 -- Turkish military forces and their allied militants have reportedly shelled residential areas in the countryside of Syria's northern province of Raqqah, as Turkey is apparently preparing for a new cross-border offensive in the Arab country.
- No: 269, 27 August 2022, Press Release Regarding the Developments in Libya Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 27 Aug 2022 -- "We follow with great concern the ongoing clashes in Libya which have also caused the death of civilians."
- The Permanent Joint Mechanism between TÃ¼rkiye, Finland and Sweden met in Finland Finnish Government 26 Aug 2022 -- In the Trilateral Memorandum signed in Madrid in June 2022, TÃ¼rkiye, Finland and Sweden agreed on establishing a Permanent Joint Mechanism to follow up on the implementation of the Memorandum and to enhance cooperation on common security.
- No: 267, 26 August 2022, Press Release Regarding the Return of the City of Lachin and the Villages of Zabuh and Sus to Azerbaijan Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 26 Aug 2022
- No: 263, 25 August 2022, Press Release Regarding the Developments in Ethiopia Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 25 Aug 2022
- Erdogan Reportedly Tells Campaign Team to Prepare for Presidential Election Sputnik 25 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan held a surprise meeting of his campaign team and instructed them to start rigorous preparations for next year's presidential election, Turkish media reported on Thursday.
- Turkish Drone Attack Kills 2, Injures 7 in Syria's North, Reports Say Sputnik 24 Aug 2022 -- A Turkish drone attack in the northern Syrian governorate of Aleppo has killed two people and injured seven others, including women and children, the Kurdish news agency ANHA reported on Wednesday.
- US threatens NATO member Turkey with sanctions over ties with Russia Press TV 24 Aug 2022 -- The United States has threatened fellow NATO member Turkey with sanctions over its growing ties with Russia, as Moscow's military operation in Ukraine enters its seventh month.
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Phone Call With Turkish Minister of National Defense Hulusi Akar DoD 23 Aug 2022
- Turkey's Erdogan Eyes Reset With Syria VOA 23 Aug 2022 -- Turkey, a strong supporter backer of the Syrian opposition, is indicating that it could now be ready for talks with the Damascus regime. Ankara severed its diplomatic ties with the government of President Bashar al-Assad at the start of Syria's civil war but is now looking to return millions of Syrian refugees.
- Russia says Turkey's military action in Syria would be 'unacceptable' Press TV 23 Aug 2022 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has lambasted Turkey's declared plans to launch a new military campaign in northern Syria, stressing that an escalation of military actions in the war-ravaged Arab country would be "unacceptable."
- Turkey says no preconditions for 'goal-oriented' dialogue with Syria Press TV 23 Aug 2022 -- Turkey does not have preconditions for dialogue with the Syrian government, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu announced on Tuesday, stressing that talks should be goal-oriented.
- De-escalation in Northern Syria US Dept. of State 22 Aug 2022
- US Senate Committee Head Opposes Selling F-16s to Turkey Unless Ankara Changes Policy Sputnik 22 Aug 2022 -- Robert Menendez, the head of US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, told Greek newspaper Kathimerini that he opposes selling F-16 fighter jets to Turkey until Ankara changes its political course and fulfills its commitment to NATO by refusing to purchase Russia's S-400 missile defense system.
- Putin Courts Erdogan, as Turkey Claims Ukraine Grain Deal Success VOA 22 Aug 2022 -- Turkey is touting its recent success in brokering a deal to free up grain trapped in Ukrainian ports as a good reason why it should maintain close ties with Russia. Those relations are deepening further as Russian President Vladimir Putin has invited Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan to attend a Russia-China security alliance meeting next month.
- Four More Ships Carrying Food Leave Ukraine, Says Turkey RFE/RL 21 Aug 2022 -- Four more ships carrying foodstuffs have left Ukrainian Black Sea ports, Turkey's Defense Ministry said on August 21, bringing the total number of vessels to leave Ukraine's Black Sea ports under a UN-brokered grain export deal to 31.
- Turkey Reportedly Neutralizes Dangerous PKK Militant in Syria Sputnik 21 Aug 2022 -- The Turkish intelligence services have neutralized a dangerous militant of the Kurdistan Workers' Party* (PKK) in northern Syria, Turkish news agency Anadolu reported on Sunday.
- TÃ¼rkiye, Ukraine seals deal for cooperation on Ukraine's reconstruction: president People's Daily 20 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday that TÃ¼rkiye and Ukraine signed an agreement to reconstruct infrastructure in Ukraine damaged in the ongoing conflict with Russia, state-run Anadolu Agency reported.
- No: 261, 20 August 2022, Press Release Regarding the Terrorist Attacks in Somalia Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 20 Aug 2022
- US Treasury: Russia trying to bypass sanctions via Turkey Press TV 20 Aug 2022 -- The US Treasury Department has said that Russian entities and individuals are attempting to use Turkey to bypass Western sanctions imposed over due to the conflict in Ukraine.
- Turkey Receives No Response From Finland, Sweden on Extraditions Sputnik 20 Aug 2022 -- Ankara has not received Sweden and Finland's responses on extradition of members of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) and the organization of Islamic preacher Fethullah Gulen (FETO), deemed terrorist by Turkey, and has sent a new application to the Nordic nations, Turkish Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag said on Saturday.
- TÃ¼rkiye says in constant dialogue with Russia over presence of Kurdish militia in Syria People's Daily 20 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday that TÃ¼rkiye and Russia have been in constant dialogue over the presence of the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) militia in Syria.
- Erdogan To Discuss Russian-Occupied Ukrainian Nuclear Plant With Putin RFE/RL 19 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, speaking after holding talks with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, says he plans to discuss the issue of Ukraine's Russian-held Zaporizhzhya nuclear plant with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin.
- Zelensky discusses peace in Ukraine with UN chief, Turkish president People's Daily 19 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Thursday discussed prospects for ending the Russia-Ukraine conflict with visiting UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the Ukrainian government-run Ukrinform news agency reported.
- Ukrainian, Turkish presidents meet on cooperation, grain exports People's Daily 19 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Thursday met with visiting Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to discuss bilateral cooperation and the exports of grain from Ukraine, Zelensky's press service reported.
- Turkey-Israel Ties to Gain Momentum After Restoring Full Diplomatic Relations, Erdogan Says Sputnik 19 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan believes that the relations between his country and Israel will gain new momentum after a recent restoration of full diplomatic relations, Erdogan's office said on Friday following a phone talk between the Turkish president and his Israeli counterpart, Isaac Herzog.
- UN Chief Begins Trip to Ukraine, Turkey for Talks on Moscow-Kiev Tensions, Grain Shipments Sputnik 18 Aug 2022 -- UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres begins a three-day mission that will take him to Lvov, Odessa, and Istanbul in a bid to lower tensions in the region over the conflict in Ukraine and to review progress on the Black Sea initiative.
- The implementation of our agreements will significantly strengthen both Ukraine and TÃ¼rkiye - Volodymyr Zelenskyy following negotiations with Recep Tayyip ErdoÄan President of Ukraine 18 Aug 2022
- President of Ukraine, the President of TÃ¼rkiye and the UN Secretary-General held a trilateral meeting in Lviv President of Ukraine 18 Aug 2022
- In the presence of Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Recep Tayyip ErdoÄan, a memorandum on TÃ¼rkiye's participation in the reconstruction of Ukraine's infrastructure was signed President of Ukraine 18 Aug 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with the President of TÃ¼rkiye in Lviv President of Ukraine 18 Aug 2022
- Russia Begins Supplies of Second S-400 Regiment to Turkey: Defense Cooperation Agency Sputnik 18 Aug 2022 -- Russia has started the supplies of the second regiment of its S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems to Turkey after the signing of a relevant contract, Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) Director Dmitry Shugaev told Sputnik on Thursday.
- Israel says restores full diplomatic ties with TÃ¼rkiye People's Daily 18 Aug 2022 -- Israel and TÃ¼rkiye have agreed to reinstate full diplomatic ties and will return ambassadors and consuls general to each other, the Israeli prime minister said Wednesday.
- President Herzog commends the renewal of full diplomatic relations with the Republic of TÃ¼rkiye Israel MFA 17 Aug 2022 -- President Herzog: Good neighborly relations and the spirit of partnership in the Middle East are important for us all. Members of all faithsâMuslims, Jews, and Christiansâcan and must live together in peace.
- Syrian military retaliates against Turkish airstrikes Press TV 17 Aug 2022 -- Turkish positions inside Syria have come under attacks by the Syrian military following two bouts of airstrikes by Turkey that targeted separate locations across the Arab country.
- New Turkish cross-border operation in northern Syria looms large after air strikes on military posts: Sources Press TV 17 Aug 2022 -- The Turkish military is apparently preparing for a new cross-border offensive in neighboring Syria, after three Syrian soldiers were reportedly killed and six wounded in a Turkish air strike on military posts in the Arab country's northern province of Aleppo.
- UN Chief, Ukrainian and Turkish Presidents to Meet VOA 16 Aug 2022 -- The United Nations said Tuesday that Secretary-General Antonio Guterres will meet Thursday in western Ukraine with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- US State Department Says Not Aware of New S-4-00 Deal Between Russia, Turkey Sputnik 16 Aug 2022 -- The State Department is not aware of any new developments for Russia to provide Turkey with additional S-400 air defense systems, but the United States' position on the arms sale is well known, spokesperson Ned Price said on Tuesday.
- Turkish air strike on Syria border post claims 11 lives: Report Press TV 16 Aug 2022 -- A Turkish air strike on a Syrian border post has claimed the lives of nearly a dozen people in the war-torn country's Kurdish-majority north.
- Following Conversation between PM Lapid and Turkish President ErdoÄan - Israel and TÃ¼rkiye Restore Full Diplomatic Ties Israel - Prime Minister 17 Aug 2022
- PM Lapid Speaks with Turkish President Recep Tayyip ErdoÄan Israel - Prime Minister 17 Aug 2022 -- Prime Minister Yair Lapid spoke this evening, with Turkish President Recep Tayyip ErdoÄan.
- Turkey, Israeli regime announce restoration of full diplomatic relations Press TV 17 Aug 2022 -- Turkey and Israel have announced the restoration of full diplomatic relations and to mutually reinstate ambassadors, marking the culmination of hectic efforts by the two sides to repair bilateral ties following years of tensions.
- UN's Guterres To Meet With Zelenskiy, Erdogan In Ukraine This Week RFE/RL 16 Aug 2022 -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres will meet with the Ukrainian and Turkish presidents in Ukraine on August 18 and visit a Ukrainian Black Sea port the following day that has resumed shipments of grain exports halted by Russia's five-month-old invasion.
- Rockets target military base housing Turkish forces in northern Iraq Press TV 15 Aug 2022 -- A number of rockets have reportedly targeted a military base in Iraq's northern province of Nineveh, which houses Turkish forces involved in ongoing military operations against purported positions of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) militant group in the semi-autonomous Kurdistan region.
- Two More Ships Loaded With Grain Leave Ukrainian Port, Turkey Says RFE/RL 14 Aug 2022 -- Two more ships carrying tons of grain left a Ukrainian Black Sea port on August 13, the Turkish Defense Ministry has said.
- Turkey Ensures Security of Gas Supply by Paying Russia in Rubles, Innovation Party Head Says Sputnik 13 Aug 2022 -- Turkey has increased its energy security ahead of winter by reaching a deal with Russia on gas imports, Innovation Party leader Ozturk Yilmaz said.
- Turkey Reportedly Opposes Delays in Procurement of F-16 Fighters From US Sputnik 13 Aug 2022 -- Turkey has opposed the delay in the procurement of F-16 fighter jets from the United States and demanded that the Pentagon submit the issue to the US Congress, Turkish newspaper Sabah reported, citing sources familiar with the matter.
- Syrian army expands presence in north amid rising tension with Turkey Press TV 13 Aug 2022 -- As tensions between Damascus and Ankara escalate, informed sources say the Syrian army is increasing its presence in northern Syria as separatist Kurdish forces withdraw under ongoing Russian-coordinated talks between the two sides.
- Turkey's Engagement With Afghanistan Has Grown Since Taliban Takeover VOA 12 Aug 2022 -- While many countries cut diplomatic ties with Afghanistan after the Taliban's return to power last year, Turkey, the only NATO member with a diplomatic presence in the war-torn country, has been active on many fronts.
- QA-22, 12 August 2022, Statement of the Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Tanju BilgiÃ§, in Response to a Question Regarding the News about TÃ¼rkiye's Approach to Syrian Conflict Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 12 Aug 2022 -- Since the outbreak of the Syrian conflict, TÃ¼rkiye has been the leading country in exerting great efforts with a view to finding a solution to the crisis in line with the legitimate aspirations of the Syrian people.
- First Ukraine grain deal vessel docks in TÃ¼rkiye after buyer refuses delivery People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- The first grain ship leaving Ukraine under a deal by the United Nations, Russia, Ukraine and TÃ¼rkiye docked at a southern Turkish port on Thursday after the buyer in Lebanon rejected the cargo, Turkish news agency DHA reported.
- Turkey's border wall causing serious environmental problems for Iran: Senior official Press TV 11 Aug 2022 -- A senior Iranian official has criticized Turkey for creating "serious" environmental problems by constructing a wall along the two countries' border.
- TÃ¼rkiye urges Sweden, Finland to fulfil NATO accession commitments People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- The Turkish foreign minister on Thursday urged Finland and Sweden to take "concrete steps" about their commitments that should be fulfilled before their accession to the NATO.
- FCDO summons Chinese Ambassador Zheng Zeguang over Beijing's aggressive escalation against Taiwan UK FCDO 10 Aug 2022 -- The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) has summoned China's Ambassador to explain his country's actions against Taiwan.
- One civilian killed, several wounded in Turkish strikes in northeast Syria Press TV 10 Aug 2022 -- At least one civilian has been killed and several others sustained injuries when Turkish military forces struck areas controlled by militants affiliated with the Kurdish-led and so-called Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in Syria's northeastern province of Hasakah.
- Turkey Warns Armenia Against 'New Provocations' Over Nagorno-Karabakh RFE/RL 09 Aug 2022 -- Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu has called on Armenia to "refrain from new provocations" several days after Yerevan and Baku traded accusations over an escalation of violence in Nagorno-Karabakh that left at least three people dead.
- Turkey resumes gas exploration in eastern Mediterranean after two-year halt Press TV 09 Aug 2022 -- Turkey has resumed offshore gas exploration in disputed waters in the eastern Mediterranean after a two-year hiatus, a move that is expected to stoke regional tensions.
- Defying warnings, Erdogan highlights 'permanent' plan to establish 'secure line' at Syria border Press TV 09 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has underlined his determination to carry on with his plan for a new cross-border offensive in neighboring Syria to remove members of the US-backed Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) militant group from border areas.
- Turkey Will Soon Get Rid of Terrorists in Syrian Regions, Erdogan Says Sputnik 08 Aug 2022 -- Turkey will soon eliminate terrorists in last areas of neighboring Syria, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday.
- No: 253, 7 August 2022, Press Release Regarding Israel's Airstrikes on Gaza and Raids on the Al-Aqsa Mosque Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 07 Aug 2022 -- In addition to the attacks launched by Israel on Gaza, on 5 August, which resulted in the death of many civilians, including children, we received the news that today, Israeli parliamentarian Itamar Ben-Gvir and fanatical Jewish groups raided Al-Aqsa Mosque under the protection of the Israeli police.
- Turkey agrees to pay for Russian gas in rubles Press TV 06 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has pledged to boost trade with Moscow, saying Ankara is ready to pay for part of Russian gas in rubles.
- Three More Ships Carrying Grain Leave Ukrainian Ports, Turkey Says RFE/RL 05 Aug 2022 -- Three ships filled with grain have left Ukrainian ports under a UN-backed agreement to resume exports of grain and other agricultural products through ports on the Black Sea, Turkey's Defense Ministry said on August 5.
- Putin, Erdogan Agree To Boost Economic Ties At Sochi Meeting RFE/RL 05 Aug 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan agreed during a meeting on August 5 to boost cooperation in the transport, agriculture, and construction industries.
- Meeting with President of Turkiye Recep Tayyip Erdogan President of Russia 05 Aug 2022 -- Vladimir Putin held talks with President of Turkiye Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Sochi.
- Putin, Erdogan Agree on Ruble Payment Scheme for Part of Russian Gas Exports to Turkey: Deputy PM Sputnik 05 Aug 2022 -- The Russian and Turkish presidents met in Sochi, Russia on Friday to discuss a range of pressing issues, including the implementation of the Turkish and UN-mediated Russian-Ukrainian grain deal, the situation in Syria, trade, and other matters.
- Kremlin calls on Turkey to keep it calm in northern Syria ahead of Putin-Erdogan summit Press TV 05 Aug 2022 -- The Kremlin's spokesman has called on Turkey not to carry out a military offensive in northern Syrian regions, saying such an action will be destabilizing.
- No: 250, 6 August 2022, Press Release Regarding Israel's Airstrikes on Gaza Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 06 Aug 2022 -- "We strongly condemn the airstrikes carried out by Israel on Gaza on August 5. It is unacceptable that civilians, including children, have lost their lives during the attacks."
- Turkish Defense Minister Says Three More Ships Filled With Grain Set To Depart Ukraine RFE/RL 04 Aug 2022 -- Three more ships filled with grain will depart Ukraine on August 5 under a UN-backed agreement to resume exports of grain and other agricultural products through ports on the Black Sea, Turkey's defense minister said.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Turkish Foreign Minister Cavusoglu US Dept. of State 04 Aug 2022
- Erdogan and Putin to Meet in Sochi for 2nd Time in a Month VOA 04 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is due to meet his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, in the Russian Black Sea resort of Sochi. A just-concluded deal on freeing up Ukrainian grain, along with Russian backing for a new Turkish offensive against Syrian Kurdish forces will be on the agenda.
- 1st grain ship leaving Ukraine resumes journey after inspection off Istanbul's coast People's Daily 04 Aug 2022 -- A team of representatives from the recently established Joint Coordination Center (JCC) wrapped up their inspection of a ship carrying Ukrainian grain off Istanbul's coast on Wednesday.
- First Ship Carrying Ukrainian Grain Passes Inspection, Will Continue To Lebanon RFE/RL 03 Aug 2022 -- The inspection of the first ship carrying Ukrainian grain under a UN-brokered deal to resume exports from the war-torn country has been completed and the vessel is expected to pass through the Bosphorus Strait "shortly" as it heads for its final destination in Lebanon.
- First Ship With Ukrainian Grain Cleared to Proceed to Lebanon After Istanbul Inspection Sputnik 03 Aug 2022 -- The first commercial vessel that left Ukraine under the Black Sea grain deal was inspected in Istanbul on Wednesday and cleared to proceed to Lebanon, the Joint Coordination Center (JCC) said.
- First Grain Ship Departs the Black Sea US Dept. of State 03 Aug 2022 -- Today, a commercial vessel carrying Ukrainian grain safely departed the Black Sea for the first time since the start of Russia's full-scale invasion in February.
- Ukrainian Grain Shipment Clears Inspection in Turkey VOA 03 Aug 2022 -- The first cargo ship carrying grain exports from Ukraine since Russia launched its invasion in late February cleared inspection Wednesday in Istanbul and will continue to its destination of Lebanon.
- Press release on Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov's meeting with Foreign Minister of the Republic of Turkey Mevlut Cavusoglu Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 03 Aug 2022
- Turkish warplanes continue to bombard northern Iraq despite global outcry Press TV 03 Aug 2022 -- Turkish warplanes again launched an aerial attack on an area in the semi-autonomous Kurdistan region of northern Iraq, a fortnight after artillery bombardment against a tourist resort in the same district caused multiple casualties.
- Ukrainian Grain Shipment Arrives in Turkey VOA 02 Aug 2022 -- Turkey said the first shipment of Ukrainian grain since Russia launched its invasion has arrived off Turkey's coast.
- First Ship Carrying Ukrainian Grain Arrives Off Turkey, Awaits Inspection RFE/RL 02 Aug 2022 -- Turkey says the first ship carrying Ukrainian grain under a UN-brokered deal to resume grain exports from the war-torn country arrived off Turkey late on August 2.
- First ship carrying grain from Ukraine reaches Turkey Press TV 03 Aug 2022 -- The first shipment of Ukrainian grain to leave Ukraine since Russia launched a military campaign against the country has reached Turkish waters.
- 1st grain-laden ship from Ukraine to anchor off Istanbul for inspection: Turkish ministry People's Daily 02 Aug 2022 -- The first cargo ship carrying grain from Ukraine would anchor off Istanbul in the early hours of Wednesday Aug. 3 for a joint inspection as part of the Black Sea Grain Initiative, the Turkish Defense Ministry announced Monday.
- No: 242, 1 August 2022, Press Release Regarding the Trilateral Meeting of the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Transport of TÃ¼rkiye, Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 01 Aug 2022
- No: 243, 1 August 2022, Press Release Regarding the Developments in Iraq's Capital Baghdad Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs 01 Aug 2022
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list