Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
August 2018 - Turkey Special Weapons News
- Turkey to acquire Russia's S-400s 'in shortest time' despite US warnings Press TV 31 Aug 2018 -- Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says his country will procure Russia's S-400 air defense missile system "in the shortest time," paying no heed to warnings issued by the US, a NATO partner.
- Turkey says working with Iran, Russia to avoid Idlib 'disaster' Press TV 31 Aug 2018 -- President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says Turkey is working with Iran and Russia as the Syrian army is preparing for a decisive battle to drive terrorists out of the northern Idlib province.
- Turkey Working With Iran, Russia to Avoid Provocation in Syria's Idlib - Erdogan Sputnik 30 Aug 2018 -- The situation around Idlib has recently escalated with both Moscow and Damascus suggesting that militants are planning to stage a false-flag chemical attack against civilians there to frame the Syrian government.
- Turkey detains over dozen Gulen-linked gendarmerie officers Press TV 29 Aug 2018 -- Turkish police forces have arrested more than a dozen gendarmerie officers on suspicion of affiliation to a movement led by US-based opposition cleric Fethullah Gulen, whom the Ankara government accuses of having masterminded the July 2016 coup attempt against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- Pentagon chief: Ankara's decision to buy Russian S-400 concerns Washington Press TV 29 Aug 2018 -- US Secretary of Defense James Mattis says his country is concerned about Turkey's intent to purchase Russian S-400 air defense systems and that Washington takes a dim view of such a move.
- Turkey Pursues Warmer Ties With Russia, Europe Amid Dispute With U.S. RFE/RL 28 Aug 2018 -- As relations between the United States and Turkey have soured in recent months, Ankara has stepped up its pursuit of better relations and increased trade with Europe and Russia.
- US steps against Ankara politically-motivated, could destabilize region: Turkey's finance minister Press TV 27 Aug 2018 -- Turkish Finance Minister Berat Albayrak says recent unilateral steps taken by the United States to wage an economic war against Ankara are politically-motivated and could serve to ultimately bolster regional terrorism and the refugee crisis.
- Turkish armed forces 'neutralize' over two dozen Kurdish PKK militants in one week Press TV 27 Aug 2018 -- Turkish ground forces have killed more than two dozen members of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) militant group when they carried out a string of counter-terrorism operations in the country's southeastern provinces near the border with Iraq's northern semi-autonomous Kurdistan region in the past week.
- Russia to Speed Up Delivery of S-400 to Turkey Amid US Sanctions Threat Sputnik 27 Aug 2018 -- The developments come as the US State Department made it clear that Washington would sanction any country that decides to purchase Russian S-400 air defense systems.
- Iran president to host Russian, Turkish counterpart for Syria talks Press TV 27 Aug 2018 -- The presidents of Iran, Russia, and Turkey will hold their third round of tripartite summit in Iran next week in an attempt to find ways to end the ongoing crisis in Syria, Turkish state television says.
- Erdogan urges all Turks to demonstrate commitment to combat attack on economy Press TV 25 Aug 2018 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has called on his nation to demonstrate "commitment and determination" as firm guarantees needed to combat "attacks" on Turkey's economy amid the country's deepening financial crisis triggered by an array of sanctions imposed by the United States over the detention of an American pastor.
- Russian, Turkish defense ministers discuss Syria IRNA 24 Aug 2018 -- Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu discussed on Friday with his Turkish counterpart Hulusi Akar the situation in Syria.
- Putin: Cooperation with Iran, Turkey helped solve Syrian crisis IRNA 24 Aug 2018 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday that Cooperation between Russia, Iran and Turkey greatly contributed to the Settlement of Syrian crisis.
- Turkey Interested in Eliminating Militants in Syria's Idlib - Foreign Minister Sputnik 24 Aug 2018 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and his Turkish counterpart Mevlut Cavusoglu held a joint press conference after negotiations in Moscow on August 24.
- Ankara, Moscow Intensify Diplomatic Efforts as Battle Brews in Syria VOA 24 Aug 2018 -- Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu has warned against a possible Syrian government offensive in Syria's last rebel-held province of Idlib, saying a military solution "would be a disaster," not just for the area, but for all of Syria. Cavusoglu made his comments in Moscow as Syrian forces backed by Russia massed ahead of an expected offensive against Idlib.
- Turkey: Bolton's remarks prove US waging economic war on NATO ally Press TV 23 Aug 2018 -- Ankara has censured US National Security Adviser John Bolton's latest comments about the Turkish financial crisis, saying the remarks prove that Washington is waging an economic war against its NATO ally.
- US Policies Violate NATO Principles, Erdogan Spokesman Says Sputnik 23 Aug 2018 -- Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's spokesman on Wednesday criticized Washington for the attempts to intervene into detained pastor Andrew Brunson's case.
- Crimean Tatar Leader Says Turkey's Erdogan Promised 'To Talk To Putin' Regarding Ukrainians Jailed In Russia RFE/RL 22 Aug 2018 -- Ukrainian lawmaker Mustafa Dzhemilev, a veteran leader of the Crimean Tatars, says Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has promised "to talk" to Russian President Vladimir Putin regarding the situation for Ukrainian nationals jailed in Russia.
- Most wanted PKK terrorist killed in northern Turkey Press TV 22 Aug 2018 -- Turkish security forces have killed a high-ranking member of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) militant group during a counter-terrorism operation, supported by fighter jets, in the country's northern province of Gumushane.
- Russia's arms producer says Turkey will receive S-400 missile system in 2019 Press TV 21 Aug 2018 -- Russia will commence delivering its advanced S-400 anti-aircraft missile defense system to Turkey next year, a report says, much to the ire of Ankara's NATO allies, particularly the United States.
- Turkish foreign minister says Trump's Turkey policy self-defeating Press TV 21 Aug 2018 -- Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu has described US President Donald Trump's recent sanctions policy targeting Ankara as "self-defeating."
- Russia Says It Will Start Delivering S-400 Defense System To Turkey In 2019 RFE/RL 21 Aug 2018 -- Russia's state arms exporter, Rosoboronexport, says it will begin delivering its advanced S-400 antiaircraft missile systems to Turkey in 2019.
- Russia to Start Deliveries of S-400 Systems to Turkey in 2019 - Rosoboronexport Sputnik 21 Aug 2018 -- Russia and Turkey signed a loan agreement on the sale of the S-400s to Ankara back in 2017, causing a backlash from the US that threatened to impose sanctions against Turkey if the latter proceeded with the agreement.
- Erdogan Blames West for Turkey's Economic Turmoil VOA 21 Aug 2018 -- The world's currency markets started declining last week as Turkey's economic turmoil triggered fresh fears its fallout could spread amid predictions that Turkish woes might trigger a repeat of the 2008 global financial crash.
- Turkey takes complaint against additional US steel and aluminum tariffs to WTO Press TV 20 Aug 2018 -- The World Trade Organization (WTO) says Turkey has initiated a dispute complaint with the Swiss-based intergovernmental trade court against additional metal tariffs imposed by the United States on the Anatolian country over the detention of an American pastor.
- Erdogan: Attack on economy no different from attack on Turkey's flag Press TV 20 Aug 2018 -- President Tayyip Erdogan has resembled an attack on Turkey's economy to a strike against its flag or call to prayer, saying the campaign aims to bring "Turkey and its people to their knees."
- Erdogan Says Turkish Currency Under 'Attack' RFE/RL 20 Aug 2018 -- President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said that Turkey's currency crisis is the result of an "attack" on his country's economy.
- Turkey Files Complaint Against US Tariffs in WTO Amid Escalating Tensions Sputnik 20 Aug 2018 -- US-Turkish bilateral relations have deteriorated over Brunson's detention in Turkey in 2016. The pastor was since released from prison in late July and placed under house arrest.
- Erdogan: Attack on Turkish Economy is No Different From Attack on Flag Sputnik 20 Aug 2018 -- Amid the rapid fall in lira's price, the Turkish president said on Monday that those who seel to make Turkey give up through exchange rate will soon see they are mistaken.
- US Not Yet Training Turkish Forces for Joint Patrols in Syria VOA 20 Aug 2018 -- U.S. service members have not yet started training Turkish forces for joint patrols near the volatile Syrian city of Manbij, despite U.S. Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis telling reporters last week that he expected them to start by Sunday night.
- US launching 'attempted economic coup' against Ankara: Erdogan Press TV 18 Aug 2018 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says his country will not "surrender" to the United States under the sanctions imposed by the US over the detention of an American pastor, accusing Washington of launching an "attempted economic coup" against Ankara.
- Erdogan Re-Elected as Chairman of Turkey's Ruling Justice and Development Party Sputnik 18 Aug 2018 -- Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan was re-elected as chairman of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) at its congress in Ankara, the results of the vote showed on Saturday.
- Erdogan: Turkey to Continue Counterterror Operations in Syria, Iraq Sputnik 18 Aug 2018 -- The Turkish troops will proceed with counterterrorism operations in Syrian and Iraqi regions bordering Turkey, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Saturday.
- 'We Won't Surrender': Erdogan Accuses US of Plotting 'Economic Coup' in Turkey Sputnik 18 Aug 2018 -- Earlier, the Turkish President warned of far-reaching consequences in the event the United States continues to disrespect Ankara's sovereignty amid the ongoing deterioration in bilateral relations.
- China: Turkey can overcome 'temporary' economic crisis Press TV 17 Aug 2018 -- China says Turkey will overcome its "temporary" economic crisis, arguing that a "stable" Turkey plays a major role in maintaining "regional peace and stability."
- US ready to hit Turkey with more sanction if pastor not released: Mnuchin Press TV 17 Aug 2018 -- The US has warned that it is ready to impose more sanctions on Turkey if Ankara refuses to release a jailed American pastor; a threat that is likely to draw more harsh reactions from Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- Chinese Foreign Ministry Believes Turkey Can Overcome Temporary Economic Strife Sputnik 17 Aug 2018 -- China is certain that Turkey will overcome its "temporary economic difficulties" caused by the recent US decision to increase tariffs on imported Turkish metals, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Lu Kang said on Friday.
- Turkey to Retaliate if US Slaps on More Sanctions - Minister Sputnik 17 Aug 2018 -- On Thursday US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, amid the continuous deterioration of bilateral ties between the US and Turkey, announced that a new set of sanctions will be imposed upon Ankara if American pastor Andrew Brunson, held on terrorism charges in Turkey, is not released.
- Turkish Raid Kills Militant Leader in Iraqi Yazidi Town VOA 16 Aug 2018 -- Turkish jets late Wednesday targeted a convoy of militants linked to the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) near the Iraqi Yazidi town of Sinjar, killing a top commander and several of his guards, local sources told VOA.
- US to Begin Training Turkish Forces for Joint Patrols in Syria VOA 16 Aug 2018 -- U.S. service members will begin training Turkish forces for joint patrols near the volatile Syrian city of Manbij within the next three days, according to U.S. Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis.
- White House says U.S. not to lift tariffs on Turkey even Brunson released People's Daily 16 Aug 2018 -- The White House said on Wednesday that the United States will not lift sanctions on Turkish steel and aluminum products even if detained American pastor Andrew Brunson is released.
- Turkey to Challenge US at WTO Over Steel, Aluminum Import Tariff Hike – Minister Sputnik 16 Aug 2018 -- Ankara will challenge recent Washington's decision to double tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from Turkey at the World Trade Organization (WTO), Turkish Trade Minister Ruhsar Pekcan said Thursday.
- Turkish Forces 'Neutralize' Top PKK Member in Iraqi Sinjar - General Staff Sputnik 16 Aug 2018 -- Turkish forces "neutralized" a senior member of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which is listed as a terrorist organization in Turkey, during an operation in Iraqi Sinjar, the Turkish general staff said on Wednesday.
- US Condemns Turkey's New 'Regrettable' Tariffs VOA 16 Aug 2018 -- The White House on Wednesday condemned Turkey for boosting tariffs on U.S. imports, the latest confrontation between the two NATO allies.
- Germany, Qatar vow support for Turkey amid US pressure Press TV 15 Aug 2018 -- German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Qatari Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani have expressed support for Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan amid escalated tensions between Ankara and Washington.
- Turkey raises tariffs on some US products in response to economic war Press TV 15 Aug 2018 -- Ankara has sharply increased tariffs on certain US imports, some of them more than double, in response to Washington's "deliberate attacks" on the Turkish economy amid a widening dispute between the two NATO allies.
- Trump frustrated with Turkey for not releasing US pastor: White House Press TV 15 Aug 2018 -- US President Donald Trump is said to have "a great deal of frustration" over Turkey's refusal to release an American evangelical pastor, whose nearly two-year detention in the country has already caused an unprecedented deterioration in Ankara-Washington relations.
- White House: US Not Removing Tariffs on Turkey Even if Pastor Brunson Released Sputnik 15 Aug 2018 -- The United States will not remove steel and aluminum tariffs placed on Turkish imports even if Turkey decides to release American Pastor Andrew Brunson, White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a press briefing on Wednesday.
- Turkish, Russian, Iranian Leaders Play The Autocratic Blame Game RFE/RL 15 Aug 2018 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has a near monopoly on power in his country, wielding robust control over the economy, the media, and the army.
- US Defense Spending Bill: Trump Delays F-35 Sale to Turkey as Tensions Rise Sputnik 14 Aug 2018 -- Turkey has placed orders for 30 US-made F-35A fighter jets, and intends to order 70 more as part of the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) project, which involves 10 countries and produces various versions of the plane.
- Turkey's Erdogan: 'We Will Boycott US Electronic Products' Sputnik 14 Aug 2018 -- Relations between Ankara and Washington have deteriorated due to the case of US pastor Andrew Brunson, detained in Turkey, as well as tariff issues and the contradictions over the purchase of Russian-made weapons systems by the Turkish military.
- Bolton, Turkish Envoy Discuss US Pastor Detention - White House Sputnik 14 Aug 2018 -- US National Security Advisor John Bolton and Turkey's Envoy to the United States Serdar Kilic have discussed the imprisonment of US pastor Andrew Brunson, as well as bilateral ties between the two nations in a meeting on Monday, White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders, said in a statement.
- Turkish Central Bank Takes Steps To Curb Currency Crisis RFE/RL 13 Aug 2018 -- Turkey's central bank says it is ready to take "all necessary measures" to ensure financial stability following a plunge in the value of the national currency.
- Turkish Finance Chief Says 'Action Plan' Set To Ease Market Turmoil RFE/RL 13 Aug 2018 -- The Turkish finance minister says his government has prepared an "action plan" to help ease market worries as the national currency continues to tumble in the face of planned U.S. sanctions.
- US Contradicts Its Alliance With Turkey on Fundamental Security Issues - Ankara Sputnik 13 Aug 2018 -- Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Çavusoglu lashed out at the United States on Monday amid the strain in relations between the two states that followed President Trump's decision to double steel and aluminum tariffs already in place on Turkish imports.
- Erdogan: Turkey Hits Final Stage of Preparations for New Operations in Syria Sputnik 13 Aug 2018 -- Turkey has reached the final stage of preparations for its new military operations in the neighboring Syria, the country's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Sunday.
- Turkey's president calls lira plunge "plot", threatens to seek new alliances People's Daily 13 Aug 2018 -- The plunge of Turkish lira is "a plot against Turkey" and the country will seek new partners and markets if the United States does not back down on its hostile policy, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Sunday.
- Syria militants forming 'army' with Turkish support Press TV 12 Aug 2018 -- Turkish-backed militants in Syria are reportedly creating a "national army" with Ankara's support in the Arab country's northwest.
- Syrian Rebel Enclave Threatens Turkish Syria Conflict VOA 12 Aug 2018 -- Russian and Turkish foreign ministers are set to hold talks Monday in Ankara focusing on the looming crisis over the rebel-controlled Syrian Idlib enclave, which threatens to become a military flashpoint between Turkish and Syrian forces. The crisis threatens to derail deepening Russian-Turkish ties.
- Turkish president says Lira crash political plot against Ankara Press TV 12 Aug 2018 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said the lira's drop is a "political plot" against Ankara, and his country will begin to seek for new partners.
- Security forces neutralize 'most wanted' PKK terrorist in eastern Turkey Press TV 12 Aug 2018 -- Turkish security forces have killed a prominent member of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) militant group during a counter-terrorism operation, supported by fighter jets, in the country's eastern province of Tunceli.
- Erdogan Claims Lira Plunge a 'Political Plot' Against Turkey VOA 12 Aug 2018 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, embroiled in a bitter dispute with the U.S., a NATO ally, contended Sunday the plunging value of his country's lira currency amounted to a "political plot" against Turkey.
- Turkey's partnership with US in jeopardy, Erdogan warns Press TV 11 Aug 2018 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warns his country's partnership with the United States might be in "jeopardy" as tensions intensify between the two NATO allies.
- Senior PKK terrorist killed in anti-terror operation in Turkey's Diyarbakir Press TV 10 Aug 2018 -- Turkish security forces have killed a high-ranking member of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) militant group during a counter-terrorism operation in the country's Kurdish-populated southeastern province of Diyarbakir.
- Trump doubles tariffs on Turkish steel and aluminum, says relations 'not good' Press TV 10 Aug 2018 -- US President Donald Trump has announced to double steel and aluminum tariffs on Turkey, saying relations between Washington and Ankara "not good" as tensions mount between the two countries.
- President Erdogan: US has dollars, 'we have our God' Press TV 10 Aug 2018 -- President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has called on Turks to "have no worries" after the national currency lira hit a new record low amid political tensions with the US.
- Trump Doubles Tariffs On Turkish Steel, Aluminum In Pastor Row RFE/RL 10 Aug 2018 -- U.S. President Donald Trump says he has authorized the doubling of tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from Turkey as the diplomatic row over Ankara's detention of a U.S. pastor intensified.
- Trump Authorizes Doubling Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum Imports From Turkey Sputnik 10 Aug 2018 -- US President Donald Trump said in a statement on Friday that he has doubled the steel and aluminum tariffs already in place against imports from Turkey.
- Turkey's Erdogan Defiant Amid US Tensions: 'They Have Dollars, We Have Our God' Sputnik 10 Aug 2018 -- Turkey's president called on Turks to keep calm as their country's currency slid to new lows against the US dollar in Friday trading.
- Erdogan Vows Turkey 'Won't Lose Economic War' After Lira Crash - Reports Sputnik 10 Aug 2018 -- Turkey's national currency, the lira, hit new record lows against the US dollar and euro with a 6 percent fall amid strains with the United States showing no sign of de-escalation.
- Trump Doubles Tariffs on Turkish Steel, Aluminum Imports VOA 10 Aug 2018 -- U.S. President Donald Trump further escalated tensions with Turkey Friday by announcing a sharp increase in tariffs on steel and aluminum imports in an early morning post on Twitter.
- US sanctions won't affect Turkey ties with Iran: FM Cavusoglu Press TV 10 Aug 2018 -- Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Cavusoglu says his country is resolved to expand ties with Iran despite US threats to punish governments that violate recently-restored economic sanctions against the Islamic Republic.
- Turkey not to implement anti-Iran sanctions: Turkish FM IRNA 10 Aug 2018 -- Turkish foreign minister said that his country will not execute the US' anti-Iranian sanctions.
- Turkish Lira Plummets Amid Deadlock in US Talks VOA 09 Aug 2018 -- The value of the Turkish lira hit a record low Thursday amid reports of a deadlock during talks in Washington between Turkey and the United States.
- Iran, Russia and Turkey keen to avoid battle in Syria's Idlib: UN Press TV 09 Aug 2018 -- A UN official says Iran, Russia and Turkey have assured that they would do their utmost to avoid a battle for the recapture of Idlib in northwestern Syria, which is being held by foreign-backed Takfiri terrorists.
- Ankara Seeks to Ease US Tensions Amid Currency Slide VOA 08 Aug 2018 -- A Turkish diplomatic delegation is visiting Washington Wednesday in a bid to to ease tensions between the two countires.
- Ankara on Collision Course With Washington Over Iran Sanctions VOA 06 Aug 2018 -- U.S. President Donald Trump's executive order Monday to introduce sanctions against Iran threatens to put Washington and Ankara on a collision course.
- Al-Nusra Terrorists in Idlib Reportedly Reject Ankara's Demand to Disband Sputnik 04 Aug 2018 -- In February 2018, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan pledged that the Turkish army will do its best to destroy the threat of terrorism in Syria's northwestern province of Idlib.
- Turkey working to forestall Idlib offensive by Syria: Report Press TV 03 Aug 2018 -- Turkey is reportedly working to stave off an imminent Syrian army offensive to dislodge terrorists from Idlib which is the last major territory still in militant hands.
- Turkey vows retaliation against US sanctions Press TV 03 Aug 2018 -- Turkey has vowed to retaliate against a recent US move to sanction two ministers of the cabinet of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- In tit-for-tat response, Erdogan says Turkey to freeze assets of 'US justice, interior ministers' Press TV 04 Aug 2018 -- President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says Ankara will freeze the assets in Turkey of the US ministers of "justice and interior," in tit-for-tat response to US sanctions on his country over the detention of an American pastor.
- Turkey to Freeze Assets of 2 US Officials as Feud Deepens VOA 04 Aug 2018 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced retaliatory measures Saturday against the U.S., following the U.S. sanctioning of two senior ministers for the ongoing detention of an American pastor.
- Turkey vows retaliation against US sanctions over jailed pastor Press TV 02 Aug 2018 -- Turkey has vowed to take retaliatory measures against the United States after Washington slapped two Turkish ministers with sanctions over the trial of a jailed American pastor in the Anatolian country.
- Ankara Hardens Stance Against US as Crisis Over Detained Pastor Deepens VOA 02 Aug 2018 -- Ankara is vowing to hit back against Washington's sanctions on the Turkish justice and interior ministers in connection with the detention of American protestant pastor Andrew Brunson.
- US imposes sanctions on 2 Turkish officials over detention of US pastor Press TV 01 Aug 2018 -- The United States Treasury Department is imposing sanctions on two Turkish officials over detention of a US pastor.
- White House Announces Sanctions on Turkish Ministers Over Detention of US Pastor Sputnik 01 Aug 2018 -- The sanctions were introduced by Washington against Turkish officials, including Justice Minister Abdulhamit Gül and Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu due to the detention of American pastor Andrew Brunson.
- Treasury Sanctions Turkish Officials with Leading Roles in Unjust Detention of U.S. Pastor Andrew Brunson US Treasury 01 Aug 2018 -- The U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) took action today targeting Turkey's Minister of Justice Abdulhamit Gul and Minister of Interior Suleyman Soylu, both of whom played leading roles in the organizations responsible for the arrest and detention of Pastor Andrew Brunson. These officials serve as leaders of Turkish government organizations responsible for implementing Turkey's serious human rights abuses, and are being targeted pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 13818, "Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption," which builds upon Treasury's Global Magnitsky Act authorities.
- US Targets Turkish Officials for Sanctions Over Pastor's Detention VOA 01 Aug 2018 -- Turkey says it strongly protests the decision by the United States to impose sanctions on two of its government officials over the detention of a U.S. pastor accused of aiding terrorists.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list