October 2009 - Taiwan Special Weapons News
- No timetable for discussing cross-strait confidence-building measures CNA 28 Oct 2009 -- The government has no timetable for conducting talks on cross-Taiwan Strait confidence-building measures, a spokesman for the Ministry of National Defense (MND) said Wednesday
- Top U.S. envoy supports Taiwan's participation in U.N. agencies CNA 27 Oct 2009 -- The United States' top envoy to Taiwan said Tuesday that the U
- Comic-book version of defense White Paper to be published Tuesday CNA 26 Oct 2009 -- In an unprecedented move, the Ministry of National Defense (MND) has prepared a comic-book version of its latest defense White Paper as part of its efforts to cultivate interest in military service among young readers, an official said Monday
- President vows to sweep cross-strait hatred into history CNA 25 Oct 2009 -- President Ma Ying-jeou vowed Sunday on the Taiwan-held island of Kinmen to dissolve "the hatred" across the Taiwan Strait with the greatest sincerity so as to sweep killing into history and secure eternal peace between the two sides
- China ready for trade talks with Taiwan: Beijing official CNA 25 Oct 2009 -- China is ready for trade talks with Taiwan and may broach the issue in forthcoming cross-Taiwan Strait talks later this year, Beijing's chief official in charge of Taiwan affairs said Sunday
- Taiwan should not be worried about U.S.-China summit: envoy CNA 22 Oct 2009 -- Taiwan should not be concerned about the upcoming meeting between US President Obama and his Chinese counterpart Hu.
- Taiwan expects U.S. to approve chopper deal before year-end CNA 22 Oct 2009 -- US expected to approve a Taiwanese Black Hawk helicopter procurement bid before either late November or Christmas.
- Defense ministry to consider proposal to mothball Mirage fighters CNA 22 Oct 2009 -- Taiwan Minister of National Defense promised to consider a proposal to mothball the Air Force's Mirage fighter jets.
- Air Force personnel disciplined over faulty fighter maintenance CNA 19 Oct 2009 -- All Taiwanese air force personnel involved in improperly maintaining a Mirage 2000-5 jet fighter last month have been disciplined.
- Wiretapping practices decline under KMT government: NSB CNA 09 Oct 2009 -- Practice of wiretapping intelligence targets has been on the decline since President Ma assumed office on May 20, 2008.
- Government to seek improved ties with China, enhanced defenses CNA 01 Oct 2009 -- Premier Wu: While seeking to improve cross-Strait relations, government will maintains strong forces to defend nation.
- Military to be deployed upon typhoon warnings CNA 01 Oct 2009 -- Military will deploy troops in potential danger zones on a standby basis upon the issuance of a typhoon warning.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|