June 2009 - Taiwan Special Weapons News
- U.S. not worried military secrets will leak through Taiwan CNA 26 Jun 2009 -- US not concerned that advanced military technologies will be leaked to China through its weapon sales to Taiwan.
- Taiwan still needs U.S. help in national security: president CNA 19 Jun 2009 -- President Ma: Taiwan still needs help from the US in defending its national security.
- Taiwan evaluating third generation of fighter aircraft CNA 19 Jun 2009 -- Ministry of National Defense is still working on plans to acquire a new generation of military aircraft
- Taiwan to focus on joining U.N. agencies: foreign ministry CNA 07 Jun 2009 -- Taiwan will make greater efforts to take part in United Nations-affiliated activities and join U
- Taiwan has not relaxed combat preparedness: president CNA 05 Jun 2009 -- President Ma Ying-jeou said Friday that his administration has not relaxed efforts to strengthen the military's arsenal and combat preparedness despite its progress in improving relations with China
- Taiwan has not relaxed combat preparedness: president VOA 05 Jun 2009 -- President Ma: Administration has not relaxed efforts to strengthen the military's arsenal and combat preparedness.
- Military personnel recruitment policy laid down CNA 03 Jun 2009 -- Ministry of National Defense devised new recruitment policy under which Taiwan will adopt all-volunteer military service system during peace time.
- Taiwan-sponsored telescope project passes major milestone CNA 02 Jun 2009 -- The Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array achieved a major milestone in late April.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|