Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2021 - Syria Special Weapons News
- Pentagon chief orders review of 2019 US strike in Syria that killed dozens of civilians Press TV 30 Nov 2021 -- Pentagon chief Lloyd Austin has ordered a review of a 2019 American strike in Syria that killed 70 people, including dozens of women and children, following recent calls for the investigation into the deadly attack that was exposed by the media.
- Austin Orders Review of 2019 Baghuz Airstrikes, Which Killed Syrian Civilians DoD News 29 Nov 2021 -- The Pentagon announced today that Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III has asked for a review of the March 18, 2019, airstrikes that occurred in Al-Baghuz Fawqani, Syria, which resulted in the deaths of more than 60 civilians there.
- Syrian Kurds Demand End to Child Recruitment VOA 29 Nov 2021 -- Dozens of Kurdish parents and activists protested outside the United Nations offices in Qamishli, Syria, on Sunday against the recruitment of children by local military groups.
- Update: air strikes against Daesh UK MOD 27 Nov 2021 -- The RAF are continuing to take the fight to Daesh in Iraq and Syria.
- After Years of War, Millions of Syrians Now Face Serious Water Crisis VOA 20 Nov 2021 -- With the Syrian civil war in its 10th year and more than half the country's population forcibly displaced by conflict, millions of Syrians face a new crisis: insufficient access to safe water that has increased food insecurity, diminished livelihoods and spurred further migration in search of resources.
- Israel launches two missiles at southern Damascus: SANA Press TV 17 Nov 2021 -- Syrian state media say Israel has fired two missiles from the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights to an area in the south of the capital Damascus, in a fresh act of aggression on the Syrian territory.
- US military covered up strikes that killed 64 woman, children in Syria: NYT Press TV 14 Nov 2021 -- The United States military covered up two back-to-back airstrikes against supposed Daesh targets that killed up to 64 women and children in Syria in 2019, a report says.
- Syria: Conflict, COVID and rising costs, 'pushing people beyond their limits' UN News 12 Nov 2021 -- World Food Programme (WFP) Executive Director David Beasley concluded a three-day visit to Syria on Friday, warning that more people there are in the grips of hunger than at any time during their country's decade-long conflict.
- Syrian air defenses destroyed 6 of 8 Israeli missiles fired in latest raid on Homs, Russian military says Press TV 10 Nov 2021 -- The Russian military says Syrian air defense units intercepted most of the missiles fired during a recent Israeli raid on the Arab country's central province of Homs, and shot down six projectiles during the attack that was launched from the Lebanese airspace.
- IS Cells in NE Syria Retaliate for Foiled Prison-Break Plot VOA 09 Nov 2021 -- Suspected Islamic State sleeper cells launched a series of attacks against the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces in northeastern Syria, apparent retaliation after a plot to break thousands of the terror group's supporters out of prison was foiled.
- Syria's air defenses repel fourth Israeli act of aggression in one month Press TV 08 Nov 2021 -- Syria's air defenses have repelled Israeli missiles attacking targets in the central and coastal regions of the country, the second assault of this type in less than a week and the fourth in the past month.
- US-Backed Forces Say They Foiled IS Prison Break in Northeast Syria VOA 08 Nov 2021 -- Local security forces affiliated with the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces said Monday they thwarted a plot by a suspected Islamic State group cell to carry out an attack on a prison holding IS fighters in northeast Syria.
- IS Shows Signs of Strengthening in Syria, Iraq VOA 05 Nov 2021 -- As much of the Western world focuses on the growing threat from the Islamic State group's affiliate in Afghanistan, new intelligence suggests that there is reason again to worry about the terror group's core in Syria and Iraq.
- Russian aerial, ground forces stage military exercise in Kurdish-held northern Syria: Monitoring group Press TV 03 Nov 2021 -- The Russian army's aerial and ground units have reportedly staged a military exercise in Syria's northern province of Aleppo, where militants affiliated with the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) are in control.
- Israel launches missile attack targeting outskirts of Damascus: Syrian TV Press TV 03 Nov 2021 -- Syria says Israel has launched a fresh missile attack on the outskirts of the country's capital, Damascus, the second such aggression in less than a week.
- Islamic State Militants Stepping Up Attacks in Eastern, Central Syria VOA 03 Nov 2021 -- According to local reports, militants linked to the Islamic State terror group have stepped up their attacks in eastern and central Syria in recent days.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list