2013 Saudi Arabia Special Weapons News
- Saudi Arabia seeking to obtain atomic bomb: Report Iran Press TV 25 Nov 2013 -- Saudi Arabia is reportedly trying to obtain atomic bombs as Iran and the west reach a deal over Tehran's nuclear energy program.
- Saudi Arabia Cautiously Welcomes Iran Nuclear Deal VOA 25 Nov 2013 -- Saudi Arabia has joined other Gulf Arab states in cautiously welcoming a nuclear deal reached by their regional rival Iran and a group of world powers.
- Pakistan rejects media report on Saudi military nuclear cooperation IRNA 08 Nov 2013 -- Pakistan has rejected as "entirely baseless and mischievous" a western media report alleging military nuclear cooperation between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
- US Tries to Mend Strained Ties With Saudi Arabia VOA 07 Nov 2013 -- Washington is facing a long haul as it tries to repair diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia.
- S.Arabia eyes German submarine deal: report IRNA 03 Nov 2013 -- Saudi Arabia plans to buy five German Type 209 submarines worth 2.5 billion euros, reported the Sunday daily Bild am Sonntag.
- Concern Grows Over Middle East's WMD Arsenal VOA 01 Oct 2013 -- Efforts to secure Syria's chemical weapons and regulate Iran's nuclear program have again raised the idea of a Middle East free of weapons of mass destruction.
- Accuracy of satellite images on Saudi missile site skeptical: Araqchi IRNA 16 Jul 2013 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Araqchi said Tuesday that accuracy of the reports about some satellite images which detected a missile site in Saudi Arabia targeting Iran and the Zionist regime was 'disputable'.
- Remarks With Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal After Their Meeting US Dept. of State 25 Jun 2013
- Kerry, Saudi FM Discuss Arming Syrian Rebels VOA 25 Jun 2013 -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal met in Jeddah to talk about Syria.
- Saudi Arabia Says It 'Cannot Be Silent' At Iran, Hizbullah RFE/RL 25 Jun 2013 -- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister says his country views the involvement of Iran and Lebanese Shi'ite militant group Hizballah in Syria's civil war as dangerous.
- Saudi royals planned military coup: Website Iran Press TV 16 Jun 2013 -- Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz has ordered former deputy Defense Minister Prince Khaled bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz be put under house arrest.
- Saudi King Names Son to Run New Ministry VOA 27 May 2013 -- Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah named his son to head a new National Guard ministry, strengthening the force's role in the kingdom as the ruling family grapples with the transfer of power towards a younger generation.
- Saudi Arabiaís King Abdullah clinically dead: Report says PressTV 27 May 2013 -- Saudi Arabiaís King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz is reported to be clinically dead as the monarch is not recently seen in the public.
- Saudi FM's remarks, media hype: Iran diplomat PressTV 27 May 2013 -- Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Amir-Abdollahian has criticized recent remarks by the Saudi foreign minister.
- Saudi Arabia detains Shia cleric for espionage: Report Iran Press TV 23 May 2013 -- Saudi security forces have arrested another Shia Muslim cleric in the country on charges of espionage for Iran.
- Saudi sends more tanks, arms to Bahrain Iran Press TV 21 Apr 2013 -- Saudi Arabia has sent more tanks and weapons for its troops in Bahrain during the Formula One Grand Prix auto race in Manama.
- Saudi king names new deputy defense minister Iran Press TV 21 Apr 2013 -- Saudi Arabia's king has dismissed Deputy Defense Minister Prince Khaled bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz over his alleged dispute with the crown prince.
- Hagelís First Middle East Trip to Seal Historic Arms Deal AFPS 19 Apr 2013 -- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel’s first official trip to the Middle East will underscore U.S. security relationships there and finalize agreements on an unprecedented release of military capabilities.
- New US arms sales to Israel, Saudi Arabia and UAE PressTV 19 Apr 2013 -- US military chief Chuck Hagel is to finalize weapons deals worth USD10 billion to Israel, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|