2012 Saudi Arabia Special Weapons News
- The Making of Kings in Saudi Arabia VOA 06 Dec 2012 -- Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah recently underwent relatively minor back surgery and his hospitalization triggered a host of increasingly dire rumors about the state of his health. Though the 88-year-old monarch has since recovered and appeared in public, the episode has raised new questions about royal succession, an issue that has loomed over Saudi Arabia for years.
- Saudi Cyber Attack Seen as Work of Amateur Hackers Backed by Iran VOA 25 Oct 2012 -- Digital security experts say a major August cyber-attack at Saudi Arabia's top oil company appears to be the work of amateur hackers working on behalf of a nation state, and several signs point to Iran as their sponsor.
- Man Pleads Guilty in New York to Conspiring with Iranian Military Officials to Assassinate Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United States US Dept. of Justice 17 Oct 2012
- Iranian-American Pleads Guilty In Plot To Kill Saudi Ambassador RFE/RL 17 Oct 2012 -- An Iranian-American citizen has pleaded guilty to plotting with the Iranian military to kill the Saudi ambassador to the United States.
- Guilty Plea in Plot to Kill Saudi Ambassador to US RIA Novosti 17 Oct 2012 -- An Iranian-American man pleaded guilty on Wednesday in a US federal court in New York City to plotting to assassinate the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the United States.
- Saudi Arabia 'to Shoot Down' Iran-Bound Israeli Planes RIA Novosti 09 Aug 2012 -- Saudi Arabia has threatened to shoot down any Israeli aircraft over its airspace en route to or from Iran.
- Saudi Arabia Crown Prince Dies RIA Novosti 16 Jun 2012 -- The crown prince of Saudi Arabia died 'outside the kingdom' on Saturday, al Jazeera television reported citing state media.
- Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Dies VOA 16 Jun 2012 -- Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz al-Saud has died. He was in his late 70s.
- Iran Steps Up Criticism Of Saudi-Bahrain Union Plan RFE/RL 16 May 2012 -- Iran is stepping up criticism of plans by Gulf Arab states to form a closer political, economic, and military union.
- Iran MPs condemns proposed unification of Bahrain, Saudi Arabia IRNA 14 May 2012 -- Some 192 Members of Parliament in a statement on Monday condemned the plan to unify Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
- Syria Conflict Highlights Saudi-Iran Tensions VOA 05 Apr 2012 -- The unrest in Syria highlights a larger struggle for regional influence between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|