2009 Saudi Arabia Special Weapons News
- Russia confirms talks on arms deliveries to Saudi Arabia RIA Novosti 03 Sep 2009 -- Russia and Saudi Arabia are holding talks on military-technical cooperation, which may include sales of military equipment.
- Gates Talks Guantanamo with Saudis VOA 06 May 2009 -- US Defense Secretary Gates spoke to local officials about using a successful program for absorbing their detainees from Guantanamo.
- Gates assures Saudi Arabia, Egypt on Obama's Iran overture IRNA 06 May 2009 -- SecDef Gates sought to reassure US allies their relationships with US would not be damaged by efforts to open dialogue with Iran.
- Gates Assures Arab Friends: No 'Secret Bargain' in Works with Iran AFPS 05 May 2009 -- Defense Secretary Gates emphasized today that the US will keep its Arab friends informed of any talks it enters into with Iran.
- Gates Says US-Iran Contacts Will Be Open VOA 05 May 2009 -- US Defense Secretary Gates: US will keep its allies in the Middle East informed as it pursues the possibility of improved relations with Iran.
- Gates Praises Egypt, Seeks Saudi Support in Pakistan AFPS 05 May 2009 -- Defense Secretary Gates praised Egypt as a key ally and said progress on security issues will require Egypt's "full participation."
- Gates: Arab Allies Should Not Worry About Possible US-Iran Rapprochement VOA 04 May 2009 -- Key American allies they should not worry about any potential improvements in American relations with Iran.
- Pentagon Chief To Reassure Saudis On Iran Outreach RFE/RL 04 May 2009 -- US SecDef Gates: Would reassure Saudi Arabia this week that the kingdom would not suffer from efforts to improve relations with Iran.
- Gates Trip Aims to Reaffirm Ties With Egypt, Saudi Arabia AFPS 04 May 2009 -- Defense Secretary Gates is en route to Egypt and Saudi Arabia for sessions aimed at reaffirming ties with the important regional powers.
- Saudi Arabia to Purchase Raytheon AIM-9X Missiles Raytheon 30 Mar 2009 -- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the U.S. government executed a Letter of Offer and Acceptance to purchase Raytheon Company's AIM-9X missile.
- Saudi silence on Gaza linked to 'US nuclear gift' IRNA 15 Jan 2009 -- US 'nuclear gift' to Saudi Arabia one of the main reasons for the country's silence against the Israeli crimes against humanity.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|