22 August 2022 - Russia Special Weapons News
Defense Policy / Programs
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 22, 2022 Ukraine MOD 22 Aug 2022
- Ukraine Reports Russian Strikes Near Power Plant VOA 22 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine reported fresh Russian aerial attacks Monday near the site of a major nuclear power plant, while Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy warned of potential Russian actions as Ukraine prepares to mark the anniversary of its independence.
- Russians Keep Bombing Ukraine As Zelenskiy Discusses Moscow Threats With World Leaders RFE/RL 22 Aug 2022 -- Russian forces continued to pound targets in eastern and southern Ukraine as President Volodymyr Zelenskiy reiterated his warning that Moscow may be preparing more serious attacks ahead of Kyiv's 31st independence anniversary.
- Kyiv Says Almost 9,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Have Been Killed In Its War With Russia RFE/RL 22 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine's Commander-in-Chief Valeriy Zaluzhniy says nearly 9,000 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed since Russia launched its ongoing unprovoked invasion almost six months ago.
- Ukraine: Nearly 9,000 Troops Killed in War with Russia VOA 22 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine's military chief says nearly 9,000 soldiers have died since Russia invaded Ukraine almost six months ago.
- Russia's Wording On Ukraine Invasion Limits Its Coercive Powers, Says British Intelligence RFE/RL 22 Aug 2022 -- Russia may be hindering its ability to recruit and keep soldiers by insisting on calling its invasion of Ukraine a "special military operation" instead of officially designating it a war, Britain's Ministry of Defense said in its daily intelligence bulletin on August 22.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Telephone conversation with President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev President of Russia 22 Aug 2022
- Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov's opening remarks during a meeting with Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Serbia Aleksandar Vulin, Moscow, August 22, 2022 Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 22 Aug 2022
- Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov's interview with Izvestia newspaper, August 22, 2022 Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 22 Aug 2022
- Bulgaria Says It's 'Inevitable' To Resume Talks With Gazprom On Gas Supplies RFE/RL 22 Aug 2022 -- Bulgaria must hold talks with Russia's state-controlled energy giant Gazprom on the resumption of gas deliveries that were halted in April, interim Energy Minister Rossen Hristov said on August 22.
- Russian Deputy Defense Minister, Serbian Interior Minister Discuss Kosovo Sputnik 22 Aug 2022 -- Russian Deputy Defense Minister Col. Gen. Alexander Fomin and Serbian Interior Minister Aleksandar Vulin discussed Russia's special military operation in Ukraine and the escalation in northern Kosovo, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Monday.
- Putin Courts Erdogan, as Turkey Claims Ukraine Grain Deal Success VOA 22 Aug 2022 -- Turkey is touting its recent success in brokering a deal to free up grain trapped in Ukrainian ports as a good reason why it should maintain close ties with Russia. Those relations are deepening further as Russian President Vladimir Putin has invited Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan to attend a Russia-China security alliance meeting next month.
- Despite Sweeping Sanctions Over The Ukraine War, Russian Unemployment Touches Post-Soviet Low. Here's Why. RFE/RL 22 Aug 2022 -- At first glance, Russia's jobless rate just doesn't seem to make sense.
- Condolences to Alexander Dugin and Natalia Melentyeva President of Russia 22 Aug 2022 -- Vladimir Putin expressed his condolences to Alexander Dugin and Natalia Melentyeva on the death of their daughter Darya Dugina.
- Russia's President Putin says Dugin's daughter killed in 'vile, cruel crime' Press TV 22 Aug 2022 -- Russia's President Vladimir Putin has strongly condemned the killing of the daughter of an influential policy commentator who lost her life in a car bomb on the outskirts of Moscow at the weekend.
- Russia opens murder probe after daughter of political commentator killed in car blast Press TV 22 Aug 2022 -- Russian authorities have launched a murder probe after the daughter of an influential policy commentator was killed in a car bomb on the outskirts of Moscow on Saturday evening.
- Russia Blames Ukraine Spy Service for Car Bomb that Killed Putin Ally's Daughter VOA 22 Aug 2022 -- Russia's top counterintelligence agency Monday blamed the Ukrainian spy service for the car bomb explosion that killed the daughter of a leading Russian nationalist ideologue, both of whom have been staunch supporters of President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.
- Russian Security Service Blames Ukraine For Death Of Putin Ally's Daughter; Kyiv Rejects Accusation RFE/RL 22 Aug 2022 -- Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB) has accused Ukraine's secret service of carrying out the bombing that killed the daughter of prominent Kremlin-connected far-right ideologue Aleksandr Dugin, a vocal supporter of and propagandist for Moscow's invasion of Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|