Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
15 August 2022 - Russia Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 15, 2022 Ukraine MOD 15 Aug 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 15.08 Ukraine MOD 15 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 15, 2022 Ukraine MOD 15 Aug 2022
- Russian Forces Shell Donetsk, Kharkiv Targets VOA 15 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine's military reported heavy shelling Monday by Russian forces, with at least three more Ukrainian civilians killed and another 20 wounded.
- Heavy Shelling Reported In Donetsk Region As Ukrainian Forces Make Gains In Kherson RFE/RL 15 Aug 2022 -- Heavy shelling by Russian forces in the eastern Ukrainian region of Donetsk was reported overnight, with officials in Kyiv saying they are managing to repel many of the attacks while recapturing ground in the southern Kherson region.
- Russia-Backed Separatists Say Swede, Croat, Briton In Ukraine Face Possible Death Penalty RFE/RL 15 Aug 2022 -- Russia-backed separatists in Ukraine's eastern region of Donetsk have charged five foreigners captured in Ukraine with being mercenaries in a trial process that began on August 15, Russian media said.
- Amid Safety Fears, Russia Pledges Access To Ukrainian Nuclear Plant For UN Atomic Watchdog RFE/RL 15 Aug 2022 -- Moscow has pledged to do "everything necessary" to allow experts of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to visit the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant while Russia's defense minister reportedly spoke to UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres about the situation at the facility.
- Ukrainian Forces Shell Areas Near Zaporozhye NPP Using British-Made Howitzers: Authorities Sputnik 15 Aug 2022 -- Russia's Foreign and Defense Ministries have accused Western countries and international organizations of turning a blind eye to Kiev's "nuclear terrorism" via attacks on the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant - the largest nuclear energy facility in Europe. Western media claims that Russia, which controls the plant, is attacking it themselves.
- Kherson Clampdown: Russian Authorities Going Door-To-Door, Mandating Russian Passports, Official Says RFE/RL 15 Aug 2022 -- Russian authorities are further clamping down on local residents in the largely occupied southern Ukrainian region of Kherson, conducting house-to-house searches and requiring people to get Russian driver's licenses and even Russian passports in order to work, a Ukrainian official said.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Visit to Patriot military-patriotic park President of Russia 15 Aug 2022 -- Vladimir Putin spoke at the opening ceremony of the Army-2022 International Military-Technical Forum and the International Army Games 2022. The forum is taking place at the military-patriotic park of recreation and leisure of the Russian Federation Armed Forces Patriot.
- Putin: Russia ready to sell advanced weapons to allies, cooperate in military technology Press TV 15 Aug 2022 -- President Vladimir Putin of Russia says Moscow is ready to sell advanced weapons to its allies across the world and cooperate in developing military technology, as the war between Russia and Ukraine nears its sixth month.
- Russia Backs Comprehensive Military-Technical Cooperation Amid Formation of Multipolar World: Putin Sputnik 15 Aug 2022 -- The president made the remarks at ARMY-2022, an international forum and expo taking place across several venues outside Moscow Monday through Sunday.
- Russia Unveils Prototype of Ural Unmanned Military Truck - Photos Sputnik 15 Aug 2022 -- The eighth international military-technical forum Army-2022 is taking place at several venues in the Moscow region on August 15-21.
- Russia Could Get New Robotic Multiple Launch Rocket System - Developers Sputnik 15 Aug 2022 -- A new multiple launch rocket system (MLRS) is being developed in Russia that will be able to work both with a crew and in an unmanned mode, the developers told Sputnik.
- Russia to Wrap Up State Trials of New Malva Self-Propelled Howitzer This Year - Developers Sputnik 15 Aug 2022 -- The state trials of Russia's new self-propelled howitzer Malva, equipped with a 152-mm ordnance, are expected to be completed by the end of this year, the developers told Sputnik.
- Russian MiG-31 Jet Chases British Spy Plane Out After it Violates Airspace: Russian MoD Sputnik 15 Aug 2022 -- The UK and its NATO allies fly aerial reconnaissance and strike mission practice drills along Russia's northern, western, southern and eastern air and maritime borders on a regular basis, with the Russian Air Force scrambling fighter jets whenever foreign jets, bombers or unmanned aerial vehicles approach too close to Russian territory.
- South Africa's Defense Minister in Russia for Security Conference VOA 15 Aug 2022 -- South Africa's Defense Minister Thandi Modise has arrived in Russia for a Moscow-hosted conference on international security. The visit comes amid Russia's ongoing invasion of Ukraine and as Russian forces there are occupying Europe's largest nuclear power plant. It also comes just days after U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken visited South Africa in part to try to win more African support against Russia's invasion.
- Philippines to buy American helicopters after scrapping Russia deal over US sanctions Press TV 15 Aug 2022 -- The Philippines is in talks to buy US-made heavy-lift Chinook helicopters after scrapping a deal with Russia worth $227.35 million for the fear of US sanctions linked to the Ukraine conflict.
- Respected Comrade Kim Jong Un Sends Congratulatory Message to President of Russian Federation KCNA 15 Aug 2022 -- Kim Jong Un , president of the State Affairs of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, sent a message of greeting to Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, president of the Russian Federation, on August 15.
- Respected Comrade Kim Jong Un Receives Congratulatory Message from President of Russian Federation KCNA 15 Aug 2022 -- Kim Jong Un , president of the State Affairs of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, received a message of greeting from Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, president of the Russian Federation, on August 15.
- Russia commits to expanding ties with North Korea: Report Press TV 15 Aug 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has reportedly committed to expanding the country's "comprehensive and constructive bilateral relations" with North Korea.
- Russian Ambassador Calls For Cooperation With Taliban Where It Meets Russia's Interests Sputnik 15 Aug 2022 -- The Taliban (under UN sanctions over terrorism) are a reality in Afghanistan that cannot be avoided, so one needs to work with them where it meets the national interests of Russia, Russian Ambassador to Afghanistan Dmitry Zhirnov told Sputnik.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list