Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
12 August 2022 - Russia Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 12.08 Ukraine MOD 12 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 12, 2022 Ukraine MOD 12 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 12, 2022 Ukraine MOD 12 Aug 2022
- Ukrainian Forces Make Some Gains in North, South DoD News 12 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian forces in the north saw some gains in territory recaptured, including areas near Kharkiv, a senior Defense Department official said today.
- Russia, Ukraine Trade Accusations of Firing at Nuclear Plant VOA 12 Aug 2022 -- The United Nations is calling for immediate access to a nuclear power plant as Russia and Ukraine again Friday accused the other of firing weapons near the plant.
- Long-Range Missiles? Special Op? Regardless, Crimean Air Base Blasts Are A 'Real Quandary' For Russia RFE/RL 12 Aug 2022 -- New or modified Ukrainian-designed missiles? Shipborne, U.S.-made HIMARS? Armed drones? Ukrainian special forces? Sabotage?
- Shelling Hits Towns Near Nuclear Power Plant, Ukraine Says, As Russian Troops Remain At Facility RFE/RL 12 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine and Russia have accused each other of risking nuclear disaster by shelling the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant, which the United Nations says should have a demilitarized zone declared around it.
- Russia-Backed Separatists In Ukraine Set Date For Trial Of Foreigners Accused Of Being Mercenaries RFE/RL 12 Aug 2022 -- Russia-backed separatists in Ukraine's eastern region of Donetsk have set August 15 as the date for the trial of five foreigners accused of joining Ukrainian armed forces as mercenaries.
- Russia's Medvedev visits Donbass for measures to ensure its security People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- Deputy Chairman of the Russian Security Council Dmitry Medvedev paid a visit to Donbass on Thursday to explore measures to ensure the region's security and normalize life there.
- Interview: Has Ukraine's Southern Offensive Finally Begun? RFE/RL 12 Aug 2022 -- After a series of explosions on a Russian military airfield on Ukraine's occupied Crimean Peninsula, Kyiv officials told Western media that the blasts marked a new phase in the nearly six-month war and the start of a long-awaited counteroffensive in southern Ukraine.
- Russia destroys US-made radar system, downs HIMARS missiles Press TV 12 Aug 2022 -- Russian forces have destroyed a US-made radar system and advanced US-made missiles in eastern Ukraine.
- US weapons not used to attack Russian airbase in Crimea: Pentagon Press TV 12 Aug 2022 -- The Pentagon claimed American-supplied weapons were not used to attack a Russian airbase in Crimea, which voted in 2014 to break off from Ukraine and join Russia.
Defense Policy / Programs
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list