11 August 2022 - Russia Special Weapons News
Defense Policy / Programs
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 11, 2022 Ukraine MOD 11 Aug 2022
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Ukrainian forces hit key bridge near Kakhovka hydroelectric power plant People's Daily 11 Aug 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- Fierce fighting in Ukraine's Donetsk as Russians press ahead to seize Donbass Press TV 11 Aug 2022 -- Nearly six months into the war between Russia and Ukraine, fierce fighting is reported in Ukraine's Donetsk as Russian forces further press on with plans to seize the entire eastern region of the Donbass.
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 11.08 Ukraine MOD 11 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 10, 2022 Ukraine MOD 11 Aug 2022
- Russia rejects Swiss offer as Europe wades deeper into Ukraine war Press TV 11 Aug 2022 -- Moscow has rejected Switzerland's offer to represent Ukraine diplomatically in Russia as it no longer considers Switzerland a neutral state.
- Russia Nixes Plan For Switzerland To Represent Ukraine's Interests RFE/RL 11 Aug 2022 -- Moscow has rejected a plan by Kyiv to have Switzerland represent Ukraine's interests in Russia, saying it no longer considers Switzerland a neutral country.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Briefing by Deputy Director of the Foreign Ministry Information and Press Department Ivan Nechayev, Moscow, August 11, 2022 Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 11 Aug 2022
- Latvian Parliament Declares Russia State Sponsor of Terror VOA 11 Aug 2022 -- Latvia's parliament declared Russia a state sponsor of terror Thursday for its targeted military attacks against civilians and public places
- Latvian Parliament Designates Russia A State Sponsor Of Terrorism RFE/RL 11 Aug 2022 -- Lawmakers in Latvia have designated Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism, citing Moscow's ongoing unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, its military activities in Syria, and several high-profile cases of poisoning of Kremlin-critics.
- Moscow: Latvia Designating Russia as 'State Sponsor of Terrorism' Goes Against International Law Sputnik 11 Aug 2022 -- The Latvian parliament adopted a motion earlier in the day to label Russia as a "state that supports terrorism." What's more, the Latvian foreign minister announced that the country's legislation will be amended so that local citizens be deprived of a residence permit and be forced to leave Latvia in the event of obtaining Russian citizenship.
- Tallinn To Bar Russian Citizens With Estonia-Issued Schengen Visas From Entering Country RFE/RL 11 Aug 2022 -- Estonia plans to bar Russian citizens with Schengen visas that were issued by the Baltic state from entering the country because of Russia's ongoing unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.
- Bulgarians Press Caretaker Government For Independence From Russian Gas RFE/RL 11 Aug 2022 -- Hundreds of people took part on August 10 in a second protest to demand Bulgaria continue a path toward gas independence from Russia.
- Trial Begins Of German Reserve Officer Charged With Spying For Russia RFE/RL 11 Aug 2022 -- A German military reserve officer has gone on trial on charges of spying for Russia in the western German city of Dusseldorf.
- Sputnik V Becomes Most Exported Russian Medicine Over Two Years, RDIF Says Sputnik 11 Aug 2022 -- The Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine has become the most exported medicine in Russia's history in just two years since its registration, Kirill Dmitriev, the chief executive of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) said on Thursday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|