06 August 2022 - Russia Special Weapons News
Defense Policy / Programs
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 6, 2022 Ukraine MOD 06 Aug 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 06.08 Ukraine MOD 06 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 6, 2022 Ukraine MOD 06 Aug 2022
- Russia Begins Fresh Assault in Eastern Ukraine VOA 06 Aug 2022 -- As Russia began an assault Saturday on two key cities in eastern Ukraine, the body that monitors ships in and out of Ukraine ports authorized five more vessels to sail. Four are to leave Sunday with nearly 162,000 metric tons of foodstuffs.
- 'Ukraine risking another Chernobyl': Russia warns over fate of Zaporozhskaya nuclear power plant Press TV 06 Aug 2022 -- Moscow has raised the alarm over the fate of the Zaporozhskaya Nuclear Power Station. Ukraine and Russia have been trading accusations for strikes targeting Europe's largest nuclear power plant.
- Russia blasts Ukraine for 'nuclear terrorism' Press TV 06 Aug 2022 -- Russia has reprimanded the Ukrainian regime for "nuclear terrorism," saying the Ukrainian army has carried out artillery attacks against a nuclear power plant located in southeastern Ukraine.
- Russian Military Calls Kiev's Shelling of Zaporozhye NPP Nuclear Terrorism Sputnik 06 Aug 2022 -- The Russian Defense Ministry is considering the shelling of the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant by Ukrainian forces to be an act of nuclear terrorism under a UN convention adopted by a resolution of the UN General Assembly, the head of the Russian National Defense Control Center, Col. Gen. Mikhail Mizintsev, who also leads Russia's humanitarian response coordination headquarters, said on Saturday.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Statement by Mr. Igor Vishnevetskii, Deputy Head of the Russian Delegation, at the 8th Plenary Meeting of the 10th NPT Review Conference Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 06 Aug 2022
- Russia's Deputy Envoy to UN Uncertain if Moscow, US Will Agree New Arms Control Deal Before 2026 Sputnik 06 Aug 2022 -- It is hard to predict whether Russia will be able to reach an agreement with the United States on a treaty that would replace the New START before the latter's expiration in 2026, Russia's deputy envoy to the United Nations Andrei Belousov said.
- US may use Ukraine conflict as pretext to deploy nukes in space, Russia warns Press TV 06 Aug 2022 -- The US may try to use the persisting security crisis in Ukraine as a pretext to deploy armaments -- including nuclear weapons -- in space, Russia's deputy UN envoy has warned.
- US May Use Ukraine Crisis as Pretext to Deploy Nuclear Weapons in Space, Moscow Warns Sputnik 06 Aug 2022 -- Russia and China proposed an international treaty aimed at preventing the militarization of outer space in 2008. Washington dismissed the idea as a "diplomatic ploy" which would allow Moscow and Beijing to get the upper hand on the US militarily, effectively killing the proposal.
- Russia imposes retaliatory sanctions on 62 Canadians Press TV 06 Aug 2022 -- Russia has imposed retaliatory sanctions against 62 Canadian citizens, barring them from visiting the country, its Foreign Ministry has announced amid the persisting fallout of the Ukraine conflict.
- Turkey agrees to pay for Russian gas in rubles Press TV 06 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has pledged to boost trade with Moscow, saying Ankara is ready to pay for part of Russian gas in rubles.
- Merchant Of Death. Lord Of War. The McDonald's Of Arms Trafficking: Who Is Viktor Bout? RFE/RL 06 Aug 2022 -- When a Russian court sentenced U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner to nine years in prison for possessing cannabis vape cartridges in her luggage, talk of a prisoner swap between the two countries intensified.
- Who Could Be Part Of A U.S.-Russia Prisoner Exchange? RFE/RL 06 Aug 2022 -- As the United States and Russia prepare to discuss a prisoner swap just days after Moscow sentenced a U.S. women's basketball star to nine years in prison on drug smuggling charges, much remains unclear about who could be freed.
- Russia could export less grain amid possible harvest decline People's Daily 06 Aug 2022 -- Russia could reduce its planned 50 million tons of grain exports this year due to a possible yield decrease, Russian Agriculture Minister Dmitry Patrushev said Friday.
- Putin bans "unfriendly" investors from making transactions in strategic enterprises, projects People's Daily 06 Aug 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree on Friday banning "unfriendly" investors from making transactions with their shares in strategic Russian enterprises and projects until the end of the year.
- Extradited Russian Suspected Of Bitcoin Fraud Appears In U.S. Court RFE/RL 06 Aug 2022 -- A Russian national wanted by U.S. authorities for allegedly being involved in a massive bitcoin theft scheme was extradited to the United States where he made his first appearance in court, the Department of Justice confirmed on August 5.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|