Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 August 2022 - Russia Special Weapons News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Briefing by Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova, Moscow, August 2, 2022 Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 02 Aug 2022
- Telephone conversation with Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan President of Russia 02 Aug 2022 -- Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan.
- G7 Foreign Ministers' Statement on Energy Security European External Action Service (EEAS) 02 Aug 2022 -- We, the Foreign Ministers of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America, and the High Representative of the European Union, are steadfast in our condemnation of Russia's brutal, unprovoked, unjustifiable, and illegal war of aggression against Ukraine. We condemn and will not recognise Russia's continued attempts to re-draw borders by force. This constitutes a blatant violation of international law, in particular a serious breach of the United Nations Charter, and seriously undermines the international rules-based system. We reiterate our demand that Russia put an end to this war of choice, immediately and unconditionally cease all hostilities, and withdraw its troops and military equipment from the entire territory of Ukraine within its internationally recognised borders.
- G7 Accuses Russia Of Weaponizing Energy, Pledges To Minimize Supply Disruptions RFE/RL 02 Aug 2022 -- The Group of Seven (G7) wealthy Western nations has accused Russia of trying to "weaponize" its energy exports and pledged to work to ensure Moscow doesn't "exploit" its position as an energy producer "to profit from its aggression at the expense of vulnerable countries."
- US Imposes New Sanctions on Russian Elites, Including Putin's Reported Lover VOA 02 Aug 2022 -- The U.S. imposed new sanctions Tuesday targeting Russian elites, including oligarchs and a woman â€” one-time Olympic rhythmic gymnast champion Alina Kabaeva â€” often named in news reports as Russian President Vladimir Putin's lover and mother of four of his children.
- Imposing Additional Costs on Russia for its Continued War against Ukraine US Dept. of State 02 Aug 2022 -- As Ukrainians continue to valiantly defend their homeland in the face of President Putin's brutal war, Russia's elite are running massive revenue-generating companies and funding their own opulent lifestyles outside of Russia. Today, the United States is taking additional actions to ensure that the Kremlin and its enablers feel the compounding effects of our response to the Kremlin's unconscionable war of aggression.
- Imposing Additional Costs on Russia for Its Continued War Against Ukraine US Dept. of State 02 Aug 2022 -- The United States is committed to working alongside our allies and partners to further impose severe consequences on President Putin and his enablers for Russia's unconscionable war against Ukraine.
- Treasury Sanctions Elites and Companies in Economic Sectors that Generate Substantial Revenue for the Russian Regime US Treasury 02 Aug 2022 -- Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) imposed a new round of sanctions targeting Kremlin-connected elites, a major multinational company, and a sanctions evasion operation, as well as one yacht pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 14024. These elites and businesses operate in economic sectors that generate substantial revenue for the Russian regime, including from sources outside of Russia.
- Russian elites, billionaires targeted by US sanctions Press TV 02 Aug 2022 -- The Biden administration has imposed new sanctions, targeting Russian elites and billionaires in the fallout of the ongoing conflict in Ukraine's Donbas.
- Latest Round Of U.S. Sanctions Targets Metals Company, Former Olympic Gymnast Tied To Putin RFE/RL 02 Aug 2022 -- A new round of U.S. sanctions announced on August 2 targets a major Russian metals company and a woman closely linked to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Minister Joly announces additional sanctions on Russian military officials and defence entities Canada 02 Aug 2022 -- The Honourable MÃ©lanie Joly, Minister of Foreign Affairs, today announced that Canada is imposing further sanctions in relation to Russia's illegal and unjustifiable invasion of Ukraine.
- Russian Embassy: Canada's New Sanctions Demonstrate 'Thoughtless' Position on Ukraine Sputnik 02 Aug 2022 -- New sanctions by Canada against Russia show Ottawa's thoughtless stance on the Ukrainian conflict, the Russian Embassy said in a statement.
- Moscow blacklists 39 Brits, including Labor leader Starmer, ex-PM Cameron Press TV 02 Aug 2022 -- Russia has said it is blacklisting nearly 40 British individuals over what Moscow described as hostile activities targeting the Russian nation.
- Britain, U.S. Broaden Sanctions On Russian Oil Company, Airlines RFE/RL 02 Aug 2022 -- Britain and the United States on August 2 further expanded their sanctions on Russian individuals and companies over Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- Russia Bars Entry To 39 Britons, Including Politicians, Journalists RFE/RL 02 Aug 2022 -- Russia has announced sanctions against 39 British politicians, business leaders, and journalists, barring them from entering Russia.
- Russia backs China on Taiwan as sanctions, incursions expected during Pelosi visit Radio Free Asia 02 Aug 2022 -- Russia on Tuesday backed Beijing's disapproval of an expected visit by U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi to the democratic island of Taiwan, calling it a "provocation," as China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) engaged in live-fire military exercises across the Taiwan Strait.
- Russian Foreign Ministry statement on US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi's visit to Taiwan Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 02 Aug 2022
- Russian Foreign Ministry Calls Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan US Provocation to Contain China Sputnik 02 Aug 2022 -- Moscow sees the visit of US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to Taiwan as a clear provocation in the spirit of the US aggressive line on the comprehensive containment of China, the Russian Foreign Ministry said.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list