Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
April 2019 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- KCNA Commentary Terms U.S.-S. Korea Joint Military Exercises Aggressive, Not Defensive KCNA 27 Apr 2019 -- The U.S. and the south Korean authorities keep pushing the situation of the Korean peninsula and the region to an undesirable phase, defying public criticism and opposition at home and abroad.
- N. Korea Fumes, South Celebrates on Summit Anniversary VOA 27 Apr 2019 -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in vowed continued outreach to North Korea on Saturday, saying the path to peace on the Korean Peninsula was irreversible despite temporary setbacks.
- South Korea wants US to backtrack on Iran decision Press TV 24 Apr 2019 -- South Korea is sending a delegation to the United States to seek an extension of waivers which Washington ended on Monday with the aim of bringing Iran's oil exports to zero.
- US, South Korea Begin Smaller Annual Air Drills on Korean Peninsula Sputnik 23 Apr 2019 -- US and South Korean forces are teaming up for a round of joint air force drills designed as a smaller-scale alternative to their previous annual Max Thunder exercise in the Korean Peninsula.
- S.Korean president says to push for summit with DPRK leader People's Daily 15 Apr 2019 -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in said Monday that he will actively push for another summit meeting with Kim Jong Un, top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), to help resume dialogue between the DPRK and the United States.
- S Korea's Moon pushes for 4th summit with N Korea's Kim Press TV 15 Apr 2019 -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in has called for a fourth summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un with the aim of helping salvage faltering denuclearization negotiations between Pyongyang and Seoul's ally the US.
- S Korea Agrees to Purchase 'Tremendous' Amount of US Military Equipment - Trump Sputnik 11 Apr 2019 -- South Korea has agreed to purchase a significant amount of US military equipment, US President Donald Trump told reporters at the White House after meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in on Thursday.
- Moon, Trump Agree Top-Down Approach in Nuclear Diplomacy With N Korea - Seoul Sputnik 11 Apr 2019 -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in and US President Donald Trump have agreed on a top-down approach in the nuclear diplomacy with North Korea, Reuters reported Thursday, citing a South Korean adviser.
- Remarks by President Trump and President Moon Jae-in of the Republic of Korea Before Bilateral Meeting The White House 11 Apr 2019
- Moon Travels to Washington to Revitalize N. Korea Talks VOA 09 Apr 2019 -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in heads for Washington Wednesday, where he will meet with U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday. Moon said previously he hoped his trip to the United States will revitalize stalled talks with North Korea that collapsed after Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un failed to reach an agreement during their February summit in Hanoi.
- Award to Korean Minister Highlights Strength of U.S.-South Korean Alliance DoD News 03 Apr 2019 -- The U.S.-South Korea alliance is strong, but defense officials will continue to work together to make it stronger yet, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said at an awards ceremony here yesterday.
- Seoul impounds South Korean ship for violation of sanctions on North: Report Press TV 03 Apr 2019 -- Seoul has reportedly impounded a South Korean vessel for the first time on the suspicion that it violated United Nations economic sanctions on North Korea.
- Moon Stays Positive on Denuclearization Talks Following N. Korean Embassy Raid VOA 02 Apr 2019 -- North Korea has called a daylight raid on its Madrid embassy in February a "grave terrorist attack" and called for a full investigation into the incident that took place the week preceding the second summit between its leader, Kim Jong Un, and U.S. President Donald Trump.
- Readout of Acting Secretary of Defense Patrick M. Shanahan Meeting With Defense Minister Jeong Keyong-doo of the Republic of Korea DoD 01 Apr 2019
- Remarks by Acting Secretary Shanahan at an Enhanced Honor Cordon and Meeting Welcoming Republic of Korea Minister of National Defense Jeong to the Pentagon DoD 01 Apr 2019 -- Acting Secretary Of Defense Patrick M. Shanahan; Republic of Korea Minister of National Defense Jeong Kyeong-doo
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list