August 2014 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- North-targeted War Maneuvers Should Not Be Repeated Any Longer: Spokesman for CPRK KCNA 29 Aug 2014 -- The U.S. and south Korean authorities staged the provocative Ulji Freedom Guardian war maneuvers against the north for more than ten days since August 18, driving the situation on the Korean peninsula and the inter-Korean relations into the worst phase.
- China, South Korea Slam Japan for Honoring War Criminals VOA 28 Aug 2014 -- China and South Korea called for Japan to reflect on its history of aggression, a day after Tokyo confirmed Prime Minister Shinzo Abe sent a message to a ceremony honoring World War II-era Japanese war criminals.
- U.S. Can Never Evade Its Responsibility for Escalated Tension on Korean Peninsula: Rodong Sinmun KCNA 27 Aug 2014 -- U.S. State Secretary Kerry said at a recent international meeting that the nukes and missiles of north Korea pose a threat to the Asia-Pacific region, adding north Korea should keep its promise to make verifiable peaceful denuclearization.
- Joint Statement on United States-Republic of Korea Bilateral Cyber Policy Consultations US Dept. of State 26 Aug 2014
- U.S., S. Korean Warmongers Will Have to Pay High Price for Staging UFG: Warns Rodong Sinmun KCNA 26 Aug 2014 -- The U.S. announced that it would apply for the first time during Ulji Freedom Guardian joint military exercises being staged in south Korea the "strategy" which calls for making a preemptive strike.
- DPRK Has Also Right to Make Preemptive Strike: Minju Joson KCNA 25 Aug 2014 -- The U.S. and south Korean warmongers are staging madcap north-targeted joint military exercises Ulji Freedom Guardian across south Korea with huge armed forces and civilians involved.
- US and ROK Navies Sign ASW Charter to Increase Cooperation and Interoperability NNS 16 Aug 2014 -- Senior leaders from the U.S. and Republic of Korea navies signed a charter August 16 pledging to increase cooperation in future anti-submarine warfare training.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|