Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2011 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- Rodong Sinmun Terms S. Korean Authorities Wrecker of Peace KCNA 30 Nov 2011 -- With nothing can the south Korean authorities cover up their true colors as wreckers of peace.
- S. Koreans Stage Maneuvers in West Sea KCNA 30 Nov 2011 -- South Korea staged big maneuvers in the West Sea of Korea.
- Ban honours UN soldiers that fell in line of duty UN News Centre 30 Nov 2011 -- Secretary-General Ban became the first United Nations chief to visit the UN Memorial Cemetery in the Republic of Korea.
- South Korea Holds Live-Fire Drills in Yellow Sea VOA 29 Nov 2011 -- South Korean warships have carried out live-fire drills in the Yellow Sea.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Keeping Keyed-up Attitude to Advance Surge KCNA 29 Nov 2011 -- All the party members and other working people should maintain the keyed-up attitude to accelerate the on-going advance of a great surge for final victory.
- Rodong Sinmun on S. Korean Policy KCNA 29 Nov 2011 -- The frayed north-south ties and the tensions running high on the Korean Peninsula are attributable to the south Korean conservative authorities.
- KCNA on S. Korean PM's Comments KCNA 29 Nov 2011 -- South Korean PM Kim Hwang Sik at a "memorial" on November 23 termed the Yonphyong Island incident the DPRK's "indiscriminate shelling" on the territory of south Korea.
- Minju Joson on S. Korea's Unchanged Ambition KCNA 29 Nov 2011 -- The south Koreans staged the exercise of "attacking the base of provocation and assistance forces" on the first anniversary of the Yonphyong Island shelling.
- Provokers Will Have to Pay Dearly: KCNA Commentary KCNA 27 Nov 2011 -- An extremely grave political and military tension has prevailed on the Korean Peninsula.
- KCNA on S. Korea's Maneuvers KCNA 26 Nov 2011 -- The south Koreans kicked off large-scale exercises on five islands and in their surrounding waters in the West Sea of Korea.
- Raytheon's RACR Competes in South Korean F-16 Radar Procurement Raytheon 22 Nov 2011 -- Raytheon Company is responding to the Republic of Korea's official launch of the F-16 radar upgrade competition with the Raytheon Advanced Combat Radar system (RACR).
- S. Korea Delivers New Assurance on Safety of Nuclear Plants VOA 21 Nov 2011 -- Despite this year's nuclear reactor meltdowns in Japan, its neighbor South Korea is moving ahead with an expansion of its civilian nuclear industry. Not only is South Korea building more atomic power plants on its own, it is also increasing exports of its indigenous technology.
- After North's Rebuff, S. Korea Looks Elsewhere to Donate Aid VOA 18 Nov 2011 -- South Korea says it is looking to donate baby formula originally intended for North Korea to countries.
- US, Japan, S. Korea Triangular Military Alliance KCNA 17 Nov 2011 -- The naval force of Japan's "Self-Defense Forces" and the south Korean navy staged joint military exercises.
- North Korea to get $100 million annually for Russian gas transit RIA Novosti 17 Nov 2011 -- North Korea will get $100 million annually if it becomes a transit country for Russian gas supplies to South Korea.
- U.S. Attempt to Mount Preemptive Nuclear Attack on DPRK KCNA 16 Nov 2011 -- It is the U.S. military strategy toward the DPRK to stifle it through preemptive nuclear attack.
- Unity of Democratic Forces for Reform of S. Korea Is Key to Victory KCNA 16 Nov 2011 -- Only when the democratic forces for reform in south Korea wage a struggle in close unity, can they overcome challenges.
- 2nd ID WARPATH exercise focuses on defending South Korea Army News 15 Nov 2011 -- From Oct. 30 through Nov. 10, the 2nd ID conducted Warpath III, a simulation-based exercise to test the division's mission command strategies and procedures.
- Willard Details Pacific Commandís Mission, Scope AFPS 14 Nov 2011 -- Managing the relationship with China and growing the relationship with India are two of U.S. Pacific Command’s key objectives, the organization’s commander said.
- U.S.-S. Korean Nuclear War Exercises KCNA 14 Nov 2011 -- US Strategic Command staged "exercises for operating extended deterrence means" under the supervision of the "extended deterrence policy committee".
- S. Korean Authorities' Conservative Policy KCNA 14 Nov 2011 -- The south Korean conservative authorities' policy stands in the way of the country's reunification.
- S. Korean and US Armies Stage Military Exercises KCNA 03 Nov 2011 -- The south Korean puppet forces and the U.S. imperialist aggression troops present in south Korea have staged in Phohang, North Kyongsang Province, a DPRK-targeted joint landing drill as part of Hoguk, large-scale joint military exercises.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list