September 2011 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- S. Korean Ruling Party Boss Makes Brief Visit to North VOA 30 Sep 2011 -- The leader of South Korea’s governing political party made a quick visit north of the demilitarized zone on Friday.
- South Korea's Ruling Party Chief Will Visit North Korea VOA 27 Sep 2011 -- The head of South Korea's ruling party says he will travel to North Korea later this week.
- Hyon In Thaek Accused of His Poor Excuse KCNA 27 Sep 2011 -- Hyon In Thaek was busy making a wordplay about "spirit of era" and "genuine unification" at his resignation ceremony on Sept. 19.
- Rodong Sinmun on S. Korean Policy KCNA 26 Sep 2011 -- South Korean authorities persist in the confrontation policy going against the trend of the times and the desire of nation.
- U.S. Move to Deploy "Global Hawk" in S. Korea KCNA 26 Sep 2011 -- The United States is contemplating deploying "Global Hawk" in south Korea.
- Boeing-led Team Delivers 1st Peace Eye AEW&C Aircraft to Republic of Korea Air Force Boeing 21 Sep 2011 -- A team led by Boeing today delivered the first Peace Eye 737 Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) aircraft to the Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF).
- Sagem to modernize navigation system on South Korea's KSS-1 submarines Sagem (Safran group) 21 Sep 2011 -- After a hard-fought international competition, Sagem (Safran group) was chosen by the South Korean Defense Ministry's Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA) to modernize the navigation system on the navy's KSS-1 class Chang Bogo submarines.
- South Korean Envoy Arrives in Beijing For Nuclear Talks VOA 20 Sep 2011 -- South Korea's nuclear negotiator says he expects to discuss the dismantling of North Korea's nuclear programs during talks.
- Russia, Two Koreas Renew Talks on Shared Gas Pipeline VOA 20 Sep 2011 -- Envoys from South and North Korea are expected to meet in Beijing.
- North, South Korea to discuss nuclear program next week RIA Novosti 16 Sep 2011 -- Top nuclear negotiators from North and South Korea will meet in Beijing next week to resume talks on the North's nuclear program, Yonhap News said citing a South Korean official on Friday.
- CPRK Secretariat on Jeju Naval Base Construction KCNA 06 Sep 2011 -- The Secretariat of the CPRK issued information bulletin No. 980 regards the Jeju naval base construction.
- S. Korea to Launch Entertainment Satellite TV to the North VOA 06 Sep 2011 -- A private South Korean group says it intends, as soon as next year, to beam satellite entertainment television programs into the North.
- S. Korean Authorities Urged to Drop Ambition for "Unification through Absorption" KCNA 05 Sep 2011 -- A spokesmen for the Disarmament and Peace Institute of the DPRK Foreign Ministry issued statement.
- All Koreans Called upon to Respect and Implement North-South Joint Declaration KCNA 05 Sep 2011 -- The bankruptcy of the north-south relations is attributable to the south Korean conservative authorities' policy.
- Mindset of South Korean People Desirous of Reunification Ridiculed KCNA 03 Sep 2011 -- The south Korean authorities on August 30 replaced Hyon In Thaek, minister of Unification, with other one.
- Sharp Cites Strength of U.S.-South Korea Alliance AFPS 02 Sep 2011 -- The former commander of U.S. forces in Korea lauded those who contributed toward U.S. and South Korea efforts to maintain peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula.
- S. Korean Navy Stages Anti-Submarine Exercise KCNA 02 Sep 2011 -- The 1st Fleet of the navy of south Korea staged an anti-submarine exercise on Thursday in the East Sea of Korea.
- NMCB 133 Seabees, Korean Counterparts Train at Ulchi Freedom Guardian NNS 01 Sep 2011 -- Seabees from Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 133's Detail Chinhae worked side-by-side with Republic of Korea Seabees.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|