Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
April 2011 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- Former Staff Member of "National Intelligence Service" Declared Guilty KCNA 28 Apr 2011 -- The Seoul Central District Court sentenced a former staff member of the "National Intelligence Service" to a prison term.
- GNP Defeated in By-election in S. Korea KCNA 28 Apr 2011 -- The opposition parties of south Korea beat the "Grand National Party" in the by-election held on April 27.
- KCNA on GNP-led Ruling Party of S. Korea KCNA 27 Apr 2011 -- Rodong Sinmun in a bylined article terms the "Grand National Party"-led ruling forces of south Korea corrupt group.
- KCNA on Maneuvers Staged in S. Korea KCNA 27 Apr 2011 -- The 5th tactical airlifting flying corps of the south Korean air force kicked off a combined field exercise.
- Chinese Diplomat, International Statesmen Visit Seoul VOA 26 Apr 2011 -- The Korean peninsula this week is seeing an increased amount of diplomatic activity.
- KCNA on Remarks of S. Korean Minister of Unification KCNA 26 Apr 2011 -- Hyon In Thaek: South Korea has so far worked hard for dialogue to preserve peace on the Korean Peninsula.
- Group of Prominent Elder Statesmen Seeks to Ease Korean Tensions VOA 25 Apr 2011 -- A group of internationally prominent figures is seeking to ease tensions on the Korean peninsula.
- S.Korea deploys rocket launchers at Yellow Sea islands RIA Novosti 25 Apr 2011 -- South Korea has deployed Kuryong multiple rocket launchers on two islands near the border with North Korea.
- S. Korean Forces' Abduction of DPRK's Inhabitants KCNA 23 Apr 2011 -- South Korea abducted more than 30 inhabitants of the DPRK when they were drifted in the sea.
- Republic of Korea Air Force Receives First Lockheed Martin Sniper Pods Lockheed Martin 18 Apr 2011 -- The Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF) recently received Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] Sniper pods for their F-15K aircraft. Delivered to Daegu Air Base, South Korea, these pods will be immediately deployed into full flight operations with the ROKAF F-15K fleet.
- S. Korea's Inhuman Act against DPRK Inhabitants Condemned KCNA 18 Apr 2011 -- The south Korean puppet group kidnapped a boat and inhabitants of the DPRK who had gone adrift in the West Sea of Korea, unreasonably detained them, conducted an operation to force them to 'defect' to the south and finally refused to repatriate some of them.
- S. Korea Stages Joint Naval Military Maneuvers against DPRK KCNA 17 Apr 2011 -- The south Korean puppet warmongers on April 13 staged joint military exercises for a preemptive attack on the DPRK in the waters around Kojin, Kosong County, Kangwon Province of south Korea, according to south Korean Yonhap News.
- Clinton Visits Seoul to Discuss North Korean Denuclearization Talks VOA 16 Apr 2011 -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrived in Seoul Saturday for a two-day visit. Her trip comes as multinational efforts to pressure North Korea to end its nuclear weapons program remain deadlocked. The visit started days after Pyongyang said it is holding a U.S. citizen on unknown charges.
- U.S., South Korea Prepared to Deter Aggression AFPS 12 Apr 2011 -- The South Korean and U.S. militaries are well prepared to defend South Korea should North Korean provocations continue.
- KCNA on S. Korea Offering Land for US Bases KCNA 12 Apr 2011 -- The ruling quarters of south Korea continue offering land for US military bases.
- KCNA on S. Korean Minister of Unification's Remarks KCNA 12 Apr 2011 -- Deputy Minister of Unification of south Korea Om Jong Sik again mouthed the issue of "expenses for unification" and talked about "making preparations for it in advance".
- S. Korea Plans Exercises KCNA 12 Apr 2011 -- The 1st Corps of the south Korean army is staging military exercises in areas around Koyang and Phaju cities of Kyonggi Province on April 12 and 13.
- Changed South Korea Duty Tours Aid Readiness AFPS 12 Apr 2011 -- Normalizing U.S. military duty tours in South Korea will increase combat readiness and greatly reduce stress for service members and their families.
- KCNA on US and S. Korea Deterrence Policy KCNA 11 Apr 2011 -- The full-dress session of the south Korea-U.S. "extended deterrence policy committee" took place in Hawaii shortly ago.
- Raytheon Delivers First Phalanx to Republic of Korea Navy Raytheon 11 Apr 2011 -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) delivered the first Phalanx Close-In Weapon System to the Republic of Korea Navy for batch one of the new Ulsan-1 class FFX ship program.
- ASEAN FMs Avoid Controversy in Setting 2011 Summit Agenda VOA 11 Apr 2011 -- Southeast Asian nations will not discuss maritime border disputes when they meet later this year with their key dialogue partners.
- KCNA on Remarks of US and S. Korea KCNA 10 Apr 2011 -- Some days ago, the U.S. Defense Department and the south Korean Ministry of Defense launched the "policy committee for extended deterrence" in Hawaii.
- S. Korea Plans to Introduce Weapons from US KCNA 10 Apr 2011 -- The south Korean military authorities are planning to introduce advanced weapons from the United States.
- U.S. and ROK forces train in defense of South Korea USMC News 07 Apr 2011 -- Pacific theater-based Marine squadrons here concluded their portion of exercise Foal Eagle 2011 March 26.
- VMU-1 trains to keep eyes in sky over South Korea USMC News 07 Apr 2011 -- The participating Marine squadrons concluded their portion of exercise Foal Eagle 2011, March 26. Portions of the exercise involving other U.S. and Republic of Korea units are scheduled to run until April 30.
- Sharp Emphasizes Need for U.S.-South Korea Alliance AFPS 06 Apr 2011 -- While the U.S.-South Korean troop alliance works to secure and stabilize Northeast Asia, it still faces threats from North Korea, the U.S. Forces Korea commander said today.
- Boeing Delivers 2 F-15K Slam Eagles to the Republic of Korea Boeing 05 Apr 2011 -- The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] today announced that it delivered F-15K 47 and F-15K 48 to the Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF) at Daegu Air Base on March 15. The two F-15K Slam Eagles departed St. Louis on March 8 and made stops in Palmdale, Calif., Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii, and Anderson Air Force Base, Guam.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list