Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
March 2011 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- NDC Inspection Group Spokesman Re-clarifies Principled Stand of DPRK KCNA 31 Mar 2011 -- A spokesman for the inspection group of the DPRK National Defence Commission issued a statement.
- KCNA on Cheonan Case KCNA 30 Mar 2011 -- There are very disturbing moves of the south Korean military on the lapse of one year since the warship "Cheonan" case occurred.
- KCNA on Remarks of S. Korean Official KCNA 30 Mar 2011 -- Hyon In Thaek, speaking at a meeting of an organization in Seoul, said that "the north should show its sincerity."
- Minju Joson on Hyon In Thaek Remarks KCNA 30 Mar 2011 -- Hyon In Thaek reported to have asserted on March 24 that the DPRK should make an apology for the warship "Cheonan" sinking case and make a decision over the issue..
- RC Chief Proposes S. Korean Counterpart to Have Working Contact KCNA 30 Mar 2011 -- The chairman of the Central Committee of the DPRK Red Cross Society sent a notice to the president of the ROK Red Cross.
- S. Korean Authorities Persistently Talking about "Sincerity" KCNA 29 Mar 2011 -- The vice-minister of Unification of south Korea again cried out for what he called "change in the north's attitude."
- Organism Living in East Sea Only Found on "Torpedo No.1" KCNA 29 Mar 2011 -- An organism living in the East Sea of Korea only was found on "torpedo No.1" produced as critical evidence.
- Large Naval Maneuvers Staged in S. Korea KCNA 29 Mar 2011 -- The South Korean navy staged three day-long large naval maneuvers in the East, West and South seas of Korea.
- Inter-Korean Contact for Joint Study of Volcano of Mt. Paektu KCNA 29 Mar 2011 -- An inter-Korean working contact for joint study of the volcano of Mt. Paektu was held in Munsan of south Korea.
- 2 Koreas Hold Rare Meeting About Volcano VOA 29 Mar 2011 -- Representatives of the two Korea's held face-to-face talks on Tuesday.
- "Cheonan" Case Is Product of US-S. Korea Conspiracy KCNA 28 Mar 2011 -- The "Cheonan" warship sinking case was consequent on the US and ROK authorities' scheme to bring the north-south relations to collapse.
- S. Korean Authorities' Confrontational Moves KCNA 26 Mar 2011 -- The south Koreans have staged exercises simulating naval battle, anti-submarine operation and anti-aircraft battle in the East, West and South.
- KCNA on S. Korea for Sticking to "Cheonan" Case KCNA 26 Mar 2011 -- The Korean Peninsula is now in the worst situation in history in which the vicious cycle of confrontation and clash repeats itself.
- Calls for Defusing Inter-Korean Confrontation KCNA 26 Mar 2011 -- It is an urgent task for independent and peaceful reunification of the country to improve the inter-Korean relations.
- South Korea Repatriates 27 North Koreans, Keeps 4 VOA 27 Mar 2011 -- Officials in Seoul say that South Korea repatriated 27 North Korean fishermen Sunday, but kept four who want to stay in the South.
- ROK, U.S. hold logistics exercise in South Korea Army News 24 Mar 2011 -- The Combined Forces Command held a combined joint logistics exercise as a part of Foal Eagle 2011 here March 22 - 24.
- Rodong Sinmun on Danger of US-S. Korea Joint Military Exercises KCNA 17 Mar 2011 -- The Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises are large- scale exercises for preemptive attacks on the DPRK.
- KCNA Brands S. Korea's Move as Action to Escalate KCNA 17 Mar 2011 -- South Korea mulling revising the "law on exchange and cooperation between the south and the north."
- S. Korean Authorities' Talk about "Sincerity" Nonsensical KCNA 17 Mar 2011 -- Rodong Sinmun in a commentator's article dismisses the "sincerity" touted by the south Korean authorities.
- S. Korea, Biggest Importer of American Weapons KCNA 17 Mar 2011 -- The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute in its annual report said that south Korea is the biggest importer of US-made weapons.
- S. Korean Warmongers Denounced KCNA 17 Mar 2011 -- Civil defense exercises were launched across south Korea Tuesday.
- DPRK Proposes S. Side to Conduct Joint Research into Volcanic Activities KCNA 17 Mar 2011 -- The director of the DPRK Bureau of Earthquake sent a letter to the Chief of the Weather Office of south Korea.
- Dialogue and War Cannot Go Together KCNA 16 Mar 2011 -- The south Korean authorities are talking about "dialogue" on the one hand and holding war exercises on the other hand.
- US Dangerous Military Provocation KCNA 16 Mar 2011 -- The United States is mulling deploying one E-737 in south Korea by July this year and three more by 2012.
- KCNA on ROK Minister's Remarks KCNA 15 Mar 2011 -- Hyon In Thaek, minister of Unification of south Korea said that south Korea is "striving for dialogue, cooperation, peace and unification."
- S. Koreans Stage Anti-Terror Drill KCNA 15 Mar 2011 -- The 6th engineering brigade of the south Korean army staged an anti-terror drill in Phochon, Kyonggi Province on March 11.
- S. Korea Urged to Stop Their Moves for Confrontation and War KCNA 13 Mar 2011 -- The south Korean authorities' pursuance of the policy for confrontation and war leads to their self-destruction.
- Exercise Foal Eagle 2011 in Full Swing Army News 09 Mar 2011 -- As the spring weather melts away the winter snow, U.S. forces around South Korea gear up and execute annual spring-time training.
- Two Koreas at Stalemate Over Stranded Group VOA 09 Mar 2011 -- A standoff continues between the two Koreas over the fate of 31 North Koreans, whose fishing boat drifted south last month. South Korea and the United Nations Command say four of the North Koreans want to stay. But North Korea insists all must be returned together.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Reunifying Country by Federal Formula KCNA 06 Mar 2011 -- Korea should be reunified by way of not doing harm to both the north and the south. This is the core of the DPRK's proposal for achieving reunification by federal formula.
- DPRK Sends Again Verbal Notice to South Side KCNA 05 Mar 2011 -- The DPRK side Saturday again sent the south side a verbal notice demanding an unconditional and prompt repatriation of all its 31 detained inhabitants and their ship through the waters to which they had drifted.
- Foolish Remarks of S. Korean Chief Executive under Fire KCNA 05 Mar 2011 -- The chief executive of south Korea in an "address commemorating the March First Popular Uprising" referred to the dialogue between the north and the south of Korea.
- Peninsula exercise displays readiness USMC News 04 Mar 2011 -- Approximately 750 Marines from 1st Marine Aircraft Wing, III Marine Expeditionary Force, manned their battle stations 24 hours a day during Exercise Key Resolve 2011.
- South Korean Computers Attacked VOA 04 Mar 2011 -- South Korea issued a cyber security alert Friday as 29 governmental and banking websites came under attack.
- KCNA Warns US-S. Korea of Serious Consequences KCNA 03 Mar 2011 -- The situation prevailing on the Korean Peninsula is reminiscent of the eve of war due to Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises.
- War Exercises Aim at Preemptive Attack on DPRK KCNA 03 Mar 2011 -- Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises are the DPRK-targeted nuclear war maneuvers to preempt a surprise attack.
- KCNA on ROK Minister Inspection of Forefront KCNA 03 Mar 2011 -- Kim Kwan Jin, minister of Defense of south Korea, inspected a forefront unit in the western region.
- U.S. Army flexes logistical muscles during KR/FE Army News 03 Mar 2011 -- The U.S. Army flexed its logistical muscles March 3, moving pre-positioned stocks onto trains here during railhead operations in support of Key Resolve/Foal Eagle.
- KCNA on S. Korea of Bringing N-S Relations KCNA 03 Mar 2011 -- The south Korean conservatives brought reunification back to the era of confrontation and escalated confrontation and tension.
- Obama Administration Wants Korean Peninsula Nuclear Free VOA 02 Mar 2011 -- Senior US official is rejecting calls by some S. Korean politicians who want American nuclear weapons returned to the country.
- KCNA on US-S. Korea Test Exercises KCNA 02 Mar 2011 -- Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises now being staged by the U.S. in collusion with south Korea.
- KCNA Assails Crime Committed by GI against S. Korean Old Couple KCNA 02 Mar 2011 -- A soldier belonging to the US 2nd Division broke into a house in Tongduchon City, Kyonggi Province, and assaulted an old couple with a lethal weapon.
- South Korea Renews Offer of Talks, Aid with North VOA 01 Mar 2011 -- South Korea's president is renewing his offer of dialogue with North Korea and proposing financial aid if Pyongyang gives up weapons programs.
- FM Spokesman on DPRK Ready for Both Dialogue and Confrontation KCNA 01 Mar 2011 -- The U.S. and the south Korean forces finally kicked off large-scale war exercises.
- US- S. Korea Warned of Strong Counter-action KCNA 01 Mar 2011 -- The large-scale Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises kicked off by the U.S. and south Korea come under fire by a by-lined commentary.
- Removal of War Danger from Korean Peninsula Called for KCNA 01 Mar 2011 -- The south Korean forces together with the US are staging Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint military exercises.
- Key Resolve exercise begins at Osan AB AFNS 01 Mar 2011 -- Service members from the U.S. and South Korea kicked off Exercise Key Resolve Feb. 28 here.
- KCNA Blasts S. Korean Prime Minister's Remarks KCNA 01 Mar 2011 -- ROK PM Kim Hwang Sik: "The policy pursued by the Lee Myung Bak government toward the north did not consider the north as a target of unification".
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list