August 2005 South Korea Special Weapons News
- South Korea Debuts New Hi-Tech Military Trainer VOA News 31 Aug 2005 -- South Korea has unveiled a new supersonic trainer jet.
- North, South Korea Fail to Resolve Issue of Abductees VOA News 25 Aug 2005 -- Three-day talks between North and South Korea ended Thursday with agreements for at least two more video reunions for families separated during the Korean War
- North Korea Pursues a Charm Offensive in the South VOA 24 Aug 2005 -- Pyongyang has initiated a series of unprecedented goodwill measures to improve relations with South Korea.
- U.S. Downplays Differences With Seoul Over North Korea's Nuclear Program VOA 23 Aug 2005 -- The Bush administration is downplaying differences with South Korea amid preparations for the resumption of Chinese-sponsored six-party talks on the North Korean nuclear program.
- S. Korean Authorities' Yielding to U.S. Pressure Denounced KCNA 22 Aug 2005 -- The south Korean authorities agreed with the United States to hold a confab for a war against the north, which has left them with no option but to take part in the moves of the U.S. to mount a preemptive attack on the north anytime voluntarily or at others' request.
- Ulji Focus Lens-05 Joint Military Exercises to Be Staged KCNA 22 Aug 2005 -- The south Korea-U.S. "Combined Forces Command" announced that the Ulji Focus Lens-05 joint military exercises would be staged from August 22 to September 2, according to south Korean KBS Thursday.
- Inter-Korean Committee for Agricultural Cooperation Meets KCNA 22 Aug 2005 -- The first meeting of the North-South Committee for Agricultural Cooperation took place in Kaesong from Aug. 18 to 19 under an agreement reached at the 15th north-south ministerial talks.
- US, South Korea to Discuss North Korea Nuclear Issue VOA 21 Aug 2005 -- South Korea's Foreign Minister Ban Ki Moon is in Washington for discussions with U.S. officials on North Korea's nuclear program
- Leading Members of North Side's Delegations Pay Courtesy Call on Roh Moo Hyun KCNA 18 Aug 2005 -- Leading members of the north side's delegation paid a courtesy call on south Korean President Roh Moo Hyun on Aug. 17 after participating in the August 15 grand national festival for independence, peace and reunification
- South Korean President Meets Delegation from Pyongyang VOA 17 Aug 2005 -- A high-level North Korean delegation has made an unprecedented call on South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun in Seoul.
- North Koreans Make Historic Visit to South Korea's Parliament VOA 16 Aug 2005 -- A high-level North Korean delegation has visited South Korea's National Assembly for the first time.
- North-South Military Working Talks Held KCNA 15 Aug 2005 -- The fourth north-south military working talks took place at the Thongil House in the north side of Panmunjom Friday to discuss the issue of implementing the agreement reached at the north-south general-level military talks.
- South Korean Officials Defend North's 'Right' to Civilian Nuclear Program VOA 11 Aug 2005 -- Senior South Korean officials on Thursday defended what they say is North Korea's "natural right" to pursue civilian nuclear power. The move may cause friction with the United States, which has expressed firm opposition to the North having any nuclear facilities whatsoever
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|