Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
December 2021 - Pakistan Special Weapons News
- Pakistan: 70 Million Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 VOA 31 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan says it has administered 155 million COVID-19 vaccine doses as of Friday, fully vaccinating 70 million people, or 30% of the country's total population, since launching the inoculation drive in February.
- Clashes With Militants Kill 4 Pakistani Troops Near Afghan Border VOA 31 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan confirmed Friday that four of its soldiers were killed in a gun battle with militants near the Afghan border.
- Pakistan Sends Humanitarian Aid to Afghanistan VOA 30 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan has begun dispatching thousands of metric tons of wheat to Afghanistan as relief assistance, saying the humanitarian and economic situation in the neighboring country requires the urgent attention of the international community.
- Pakistan Taliban Claims Responsibility For Attack That Killed Four Soldiers RFE/RL Gandhara 30 Dec 2021 -- Four Pakistani soldiers have been killed in an attack in the North Waziristan tribal district.
- 4 Killed, 15 Hurt in Southwestern Pakistan Bomb Blast VOA 30 Dec 2021 -- A bomb exploded in southwestern Pakistan late Thursday, killing at least four people and injuring 15 others.
- Pakistan Slams Taliban Curbs on Afghan Women VOA 27 Dec 2021 -- A Pakistani government minister Monday criticized neighboring Afghanistan's ruling Islamist Taliban for placing curbs on women, denouncing the curbs as "retrogressive thinking" and as posing threat to his country.
- Pakistan adds 358 COVID-19 cases, 2 more deaths People's Daily 26 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan added 358 COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours, the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) said on Sunday.
- Violation of LoC by Pakistan India PIB 20 Dec 2021 -- A total 5,601 instances of Cease Fire Violations (CFVs) were reported along the LoC under operational control of Indian Army in Jammu & Kashmir from 30 November 2019 to 29 November 2021
- At Least Five People Killed In Election-Related Violence In Pakistan's Northwest RFE/RL Gandhara 19 Dec 2021 -- Counting is under way after polling ended in local government elections in a northwestern Pakistani province that were marred by deadly violence and allegations of fraud by the opposition.
- Pakistan reports 357 new COVID-19 cases, 7 more deaths People's Daily 18 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan recorded 357 new cases of COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) said on Saturday.
- OIC-Led Huddle to Discuss Looming Afghan Humanitarian, Economic Crisis VOA 18 Dec 2021 -- Representatives from the 57-member Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and the United States, Russia, China and the European Union are meeting Sunday in Pakistan to discuss ways to help Afghanistan avert a looming humanitarian catastrophe.
- Launch of Al-Kaseh 3 exercise between Royal Saudi Land Forces and their Pakistani counterpart SPA 15 Dec 2021 -- The activities of Al-Kaseh 3 exercise in the northern region were launched with the participation of the Royal Saudi Land Forces and the Pakistani Army, in the presence of the Commander of the Northern Region, General Saleh bin Ahmed Al-Zahrani, at the Prince Khalid bin Sultan Command Center.
- Second Deadly Attack On Pakistan's Polio-Eradication Effort In As Many Days RFE/RL Gandhara 12 Dec 2021 -- Pakistani police said on December 12 that an officer who was guarding a polio vaccination team in the northwestern town of Tank has been shot dead by militants in the second such deadly attack there in two days.
- Pakistan Reports 395 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 11 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan recorded 395 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 1,288,761.
- Police Officer Killed, One Wounded, In Pakistani Taliban Attack On Polio Vaccine Team RFE/RL Gandhara 11 Dec 2021 -- The Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for the killing of a police officer who had taken part in guarding a polio vaccination team, a frequent target of militants in Pakistan.
- Pakistan Records 313 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 10 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan recorded 313 new cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and nine deaths in the past 24 hours.
- New UK sanctions target human rights violations and abuses in Myanmar and Pakistan UK FCDO 10 Dec 2021 -- The UK announced new sanctions against the Myanmar military for their continued suppression of the civilian population and for serious human rights violations.
- Pakistan Reports First Case of Omicron VOA 09 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan has detected its first case of the omicron variant of the coronavirus.
- Pakistan Begins Construction of China's AIP-Powered Submarine Sputnik 09 Dec 2021 -- The Indian Navy considers China's exports of military hardware like ships and submarines to Pakistan a significant challenge for its dominance in the Indian Ocean Region. Pakistan has signed a contract with China to receive four frigates and eight submarines by the end of the decade.
- Pakistan Taliban Declares End To Cease-Fire With Government RFE/RL Gandhara 09 Dec 2021 -- The Pakistani Taliban, a militant group fighting a guerrilla war in the northwestern tribal region bordering Afghanistan, says it will not extend a cease-fire agreed to last month, accusing Islamabad of failing to respect terms of the truce deal.
- Militant Alliance Says It Will Not Extend Truce With Pakistan VOA 09 Dec 2021 -- An outlawed militant alliance waging terrorist attacks in Pakistan has decided against extending a 30-day cease-fire with the government, accusing the other side of not honoring the terms of the deal.
- Pakistan's PM Urges US, China to Reduce Tensions VOA 09 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan said Thursday that instead of siding with so-called Cold War-like "blocs," his country would like to help de-escalate tensions between the United States and China.
- Pakistan Frees Jailed Taliban Militants As Part Of Truce Deal RFE/RL Gandhara 08 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan has released 12 members of the Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) from custody, a source told RFE/RL on December 8, amid ongoing negotiations to reach a peace deal with the Islamist group fighting a guerrilla war in the northwestern tribal region bordering Afghanistan.
- Pakistani Soldiers Killed In Helicopter Crash Near Disputed Glacier RFE/RL Gandhara 06 Dec 2021 -- Two Pakistani soldiers have died after the helicopter they were piloting crashed in the Pakistan-administered section of the disputed Kashmir region.
- Pakistani PM Tells Sri Lankan President Justice Will Be Served For Vigilante Killing RFE/RL Gandhara 05 Dec 2021 -- Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan has called Sri Lanka's president to provide assurances that justice will be served following the lynching of a Sri Lankan factory manager in central Pakistan.
- Pakistani naval fleet docks in Iran's Bandar Abbas Press TV 05 Dec 2021 -- A Pakistani naval fleet, comprising three warships, has arrived in Iran's southern port city of Bandar Abbas on the Persian Gulf.
- Pakistan to Host OIC-led International Meeting on Afghanistan VOA 04 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan said Saturday it will host a conference of foreign ministers from Islamic countries later this month in a bid to avert a looming humanitarian and economic crisis in Afghanistan.
- Pakistan Records 391 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 03 Dec 2021 -- Pakistan recorded 391 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and eight deaths, in the past 24 hours.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list