Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
February 2020 - Pakistan Special Weapons News
- Pakistan Detects First Coronavirus Cases, Links to Iran Outbreak VOA 26 Feb 2020 -- Health officials in Pakistan detected Wednesday the first two cases of coronavirus in the country, linking them with the outbreak in neighboring Iran.
- Pakistan taking effective measures to deal with coronavirus challenge: Health advisor IRNA 25 Feb 2020 -- Pakistan's Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on National Health Services has claimed the government is taking every possible measure to deal with a possible outbreak of coronavirus in the country.
- Global Terrorism Finance Watchdog Blacklists Iran, Grants Reprieve To Pakistan RFE/RL 21 Feb 2020 -- A global financial watchdog has blacklisted Iran for failing to take measures against money laundering and the financing of terrorist groups.
- Anti-Terror Agency Keeps Pakistan on 'Gray List' VOA 21 Feb 2020 -- A global agency leading the fight against the financing of terrorism and money laundering has kept Pakistan on its "gray list" of nations with inadequate mechanisms to curb funding sources to terrorist groups.
- Five Pakistani Soldiers Killed By Militant Attack Near Iranian Border RFE/RL 19 Feb 2020 -- Five soldiers from Pakistan's Frontier Corps (FC) have been killed in an overnight attack by militants near the Iran-Pakistan border, Pakistani officials told RFE/RL on February 19.
- Pakistan-India crossing is a 'Corridor of Hope', UN chief says, wraps up visit with call for interfaith dialogue UN News 18 Feb 2020 -- UN Secretary-General António Guterres on Tuesday said he had been moved by the show of religious unity he had witnessed in Pakistan after paying visits to a mosque, a Sikh temple and Kartarpur Corridor, the visa-free crossing which allows Sikhs to travel between nearby holy sites on each side of the India-Pakistan border.
- UN Chief Hails New Pakistan-India Crossing as 'Corridor of Hope' VOA 18 Feb 2020 -- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres hailed as the "symbol of interfaith harmony" an overland passage Pakistan recently opened for Sikh devotees from India to pay a visa-free homage to one of their holiest sites.
- Pakistan Successfully Test Fires Air-Launched Ra'ad-II Cruise Missile- Video Sputnik 18 Feb 2020 -- The Pakistan Air Force used its single-engine Mirage III fighter jet to test the missile which hit the target at low altitude. India and Pakistan have been conducting missile tests for the past few months, claiming that they are part of operational preparedness.
- Khan Tells Conference There Are No Militant Safe Havens In Pakistan RFE/RL 17 Feb 2020 -- Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan has again rejected accusations that his country is harboring militants, and insisted that his government has done "everything" to facilitate the peace process in neighboring Afghanistan.
- Blast kills eight, injures 22 in SW Pakistan IRNA 17 Feb 2020 -- At least eight people including policemen were killed and 22 others injured in a bomb blast in Pakistan's southwestern city of Quetta on Monday, local media reported.
- Bomb attack at religious rally kills 10 in Pakistani city Quetta Press TV 17 Feb 2020 -- At least 10 people, including two police officers, have been killed in a bomb attack in Pakistan's southwestern province of Balochistan.
- Suicide Bomber in SW Pakistan Kills 8 at Islamist Rally VOA 17 Feb 2020 -- A suicide blast Monday ripped through a crowd in southwestern Pakistan, killing at least eight people and injuring around 20 others.
- Pakistan Air Force trainer aircraft crashes, 2nd in recent days IRNA 12 Feb 2020 -- Pakistan Air Force (PAF) trainer aircraft crashed on a training mission on Wednesday near north western city of Takht Bhai, second incident in recent days.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list