Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
May 2007 - Pakistan Special Weapons News
- Pakistan Defends Terror Stance, US Senator Demands More VOA 27 May 2007 -- The Pakistani government is defending its stand on combating terrorism at a time of growing concern in Washington about the depth of Islamabad's commitment to the cause
- Pakistan confirms new bird flu outbreak - Agriculture Ministry RIA Novosti 23 May 2007 -- Pakistan confirmed Wednesday an outbreak of the deadly H5N1 virus among poultry on farms near the capital, but said no cases of human infection had been registered.
- Pakistani Authorities Negotiate with Pro-Taleban Islamists for Captives' Release VOA 19 May 2007 -- Pakistani authorities are trying to secure the release of four police officers taken hostage by pro-Taleban Islamic students in the capital, Islamabad.
- Pakistan, Afghan Troops Again Clash Along Border VOA 17 May 2007 -- There has been another exchange of fire between soldiers of Pakistan and Afghanistan along the countries' border
- Afghan, Pakistani Troops Break Brief Border Silence RFE/RL 17 May 2007 -- A May 14 cease-fire between Afghan and Pakistani government troops was shattered this morning by the sound of mortars and machine-gun fire.
- PAKISTAN: UNHCR appeals for calm after refugee camp violence IRIN 17 May 2007 -- The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) has appealed for calm after an outbreak of violence at an Afghan refugee camp earmarked for closure in Pakistan's southwestern Balochistan province.
- Bomb Blast Kills at Least 25 in Pakistan VOA 15 May 2007 -- A powerful bomb blast in northwestern Pakistan has killed at least 25 people and seriously injured more than 25 others
- U.S., Pakistani Soldiers Reported Killed In Border Incident RFE/RL 14 May 2007 -- At least one U.S. soldier and one Pakistani soldier were killed when shooting broke out during an effort today to bring an end to violent clashes between Afghan and Pakistani government troops around their common border.
- US, Pakistan Troops Killed in Meeting on Afghan Border VOA 14 May 2007 -- A firefight along the Pakistan Afghan border has left at least one U.S. and one Pakistani soldier dead and several others wounded
- Afghan, Pakistani Forces Clash For Second Day RFE/RL 14 May 2007 -- Afghan and Pakistani troops today clashed for a second consecutive day on their common border.
- PAKISTAN SELECTS LOCKHEED MARTIN'S SNIPER ADVANCED TARGETING POD Lockheed Martin 14 May 2007 -- The U.S. government has awarded a contract to Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] for 18 Sniper® Advanced Targeting Pods (ATP), a part of the new Advanced Block 52 F-16 aircraft program for Pakistan
- Pakistan Officials Try to Stem Violence VOA 14 May 2007 -- Pakistani troops have been told to "shoot on sight" if need be to control political violence in the southern city of Karachi
- PAKISTAN: Hundreds missing in conflict-torn Balochistan IRIN 10 May 2007 -- Dr Hanif Sharif, 29, was regarded until 2005 as one of the most gifted young writers in the Balochi language.
- NATO Secretary-General Meets With Pakistan President Over Regional Security VOA 08 May 2007 -- NATO's secretary-general says there are no plans for NATO troops to pull out of Afghanistan
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list