Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
February 2003 Pakistan Special Weapons News
- PAKISTAN/AFGHAN/CRASH VOA 24 Feb 2003 -- A chartered Cessna aircraft carrying an Afghan minister and seven other people has crashed in southern Pakistan. All the people on board are believed to have died..
- PAKISTAN/ATTACK VOA 22 Feb 2003 -- Unidentified gunmen have shot dead at least nine worshipers and wounded several others in a mosque in Pakistan's largest city, Karachi.
- PAKISTAN CRASH VOA 20 Feb 2003 -- Pakistan's Air Force chief and 16 others have died in a plane crash in the Northwest of the country.
- PAKISTAN AND THE I-N-S VOA 19 Feb 2003 -- Pakistan is one of 24 Islamic countries whose male nationals are required by a new U-S Immigration and Naturalization Service (I-N-S) anti-terror policy to register with the agency or risk being deported. Pakistan argues it's an ally of the United States and wants its nationals exempted from registering.
- INDIA/PAKISTAN VOA 18 Feb 2003 -- India and Pakistan are replacing senior diplomats expelled by the two countries recently. But the move does not signal a thaw in the icy relations between the South Asian rivals.
- PAKISTAN / U-S / COURT VOA 17 Feb 2003 -- An appeals court in Pakistan has thrown out the death sentences of two men who had been convicted of killing four Americans in the southern city of Karachi five years ago.
- PAKISTAN / IRAQ VOA 17 Feb 2003 -- Pakistani Prime Minister Zafarullah Khan Jamali begins a country-wide tour Tuesday to try to build a national consensus on policy toward Iraq. There are fears possible military action against Iraq could trigger domestic unrest in the Muslim nation.
- CONGRESS/PAKISTAN/IMMIGRANTS VOA 13 Feb 2003 -- A U-S Congressman has introduced legislation to prevent the deportation of a Pakistani woman and her four daughters. The woman's husband had been killed in an incident attributed to an anti-Muslim backlash after the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States.
- INDIA / PAKISTAN VOA 08 Feb 2003 -- India on Saturday ordered Pakistan's top envoy in New Delhi to leave the country, after accusing him of providing funds to Kashmiri separatists. Islamabad retaliated quickly, ordering the top Indian envoy out of Pakistan.
- RUSSIA/PAKISTAN VOA 06 Feb 2003 -- Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, concluding a three-day visit to Moscow, says he hopes Russia can help ease tensions between Pakistan and India.
- RUSSIA / PAKISTAN VOA 04 Feb 2003 -- Pakistan's president, General Pervez Musharraf will hold three-days of talks this week in Moscow about strengthening bilateral relations with Russia. General Musharraf and President Vladimir Putin are also expected to sign a number of economic and defense agreements this week.
- PAKISTAN RUSSIA VOA 3 Feb 2003 -- Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf will try to strengthen ties with Russia this week during a visit to Moscow. It will be the first visit by a Pakistani president in more than three decades.
- PAKISTAN BLAST VOA 3 Feb 2003 -- A bomb explosion in Pakistan kills at least one person and injures several others
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list