Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
2010 Libya Special Weapons News
- Libya, South Korea End Diplomatic Dispute VOA 01 Oct 2010 -- Libya and South Korea have ended a months-long diplomatic dispute that was sparked by accusations of South Korean spying on Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi.
- Gadhafi Blasts AU as He Steps Down as Chairman VOA 31 Jan 2010 -- Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi has stepped down as chairman of the 53-nation African Union, but not without firing a few verbal broadsides at the organization. Mr. Gadhafi chastised his fellow heads of state for refusing to go along with his plan for a "United States of Africa."
- Gadhafi's AU Re-Election Bid Encounters Fierce Opposition VOA 30 Jan 2010 -- Dozens of African heads of state and government are gathering in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa for a summit that could decide the future course of continental politics. Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi is encountering fierce opposition as he tries to retain the AU chairmanship.
- Russia to sell $1.8 bln in arms to Libya RIA Novosti 30 Jan 2010 -- Libya will buy 1.3-billion-euro ($1.8 billion) worth of arms from Russia under a new contract, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Saturday.
- Russia says talk of $2 bln arms contract with Libya premature RIA Novosti 30 Jan 2010 -- Russia's state arms exporter Rosoboronexport confirmed on Saturday ongoing arms talks with Libya, but said no new contracts have been signed yet.
- Moscow hopes to sign lucrative arms contracts with Libya RIA Novosti 22 Jan 2010 -- Russia is looking to sign a series of contracts for the delivery of fighter jets and air-defense systems to Libya, a defense industry official said on Friday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list