October 2017 - Libya Special Weapons News
- Gulf Coalition, Media Accuse Qatar of Shuttling IS Militants to Libya VOA 27 Oct 2017 -- Arab media accused Qatar this week of helping to transport Islamic State militants from Syria and Iraq to the south of Libya.
- Daesh terrorists kill soldiers in northeastern Libya Press TV 25 Oct 2017 -- Two Libyan soldiers have been killed and three others injured in an attack by the Daesh Takfiri terrorists on a military checkpoint in northeastern Libya.
- UN-brokered talks between Libyan rival factions fail Press TV 21 Oct 2017 -- The United Nations has failed to bridge differences between Libyan rival factions amid efforts aimed at breaking a political stalemate and helping bring about peace and stability in the North African country.
- Libya: UN agencies scale up response as fighting displaces thousands in Sabratha region UN News 13 Oct 2017 -- United Nations relief agencies have upped their response in western Libya's Sabratha region following intensification of conflict that has already driven over 15,000 people from their homes.
- Human rights challenges in Libya 'massive, but not insurmountable,' UN rights chief says after visit UN News 12 Oct 2017 -- After a brief mission to Libya, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein on Thursday said the Government "can and should" lead efforts to urgently address arbitrary detention, torture and other grave violations that must be brought to an end in the crisis-torn North African country.
- Libya: Security Council endorses UN plan on restarting political process UN News 10 Oct 2017 -- The Security Council today endorsed the United Nations' action plan to resume an inclusive political process in Libya.
- Security Council re-authorizes operations to disrupt migrant smuggling off coast of Libya UN News 05 Oct 2017 -- The Security Council today extended by one year the authorization for Member States to inspect vessels on the high seas off the coast of Libya that they have reasonable grounds to suspect are being used for migrant smuggling or human trafficking.
- Libya: UN Mission condemns deadly bombing in Misrata UN News 04 Oct 2017 -- Condemning an attack against a court house in the Libyan city of Misrata, the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) underscored that those behind the incident must be held accountable.
- Three killed as militants stage deadly attack on court in Misrata Press TV 04 Oct 2017 -- Heavily-armed men have attacked a court complex in the Libyan city of Misrata, killing at least three people and wounding nearly three dozen others.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|